Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A/R/T weight loss Jan-Apr 3rd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Down another 2lbs for me in the last week, 10lb more to go to sexy me of old :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Waiting till tomorrow morning myself,should be down a couple as the week has gone good food and exercise wise.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

No change for me, had good weeks training but no weight loss. Getting fitter though (i hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

2 lb down for me too, 2 per week would be great!!!

conseng wrote: »
    2 lb down for me too, 2 per week would be great!!!

Good work,that is a good rate i think,hopefully progress will continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

1 kg down for me. Lots more to go!

Down 2.48kgs :eek:
    Happy out with that but i have been good all round...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'm holding off my weigh in until the end of Feb and i have a proper run of 4 weeks training done. My meds might also be changing at the end of Jan as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Down 2lbs. Would have expected more, but I guess I cant complain. Have given up my weakness food... Chrisps and Chocolate. Seems to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

1.5 lbs down. Not a bad start.

Reading more about spinning and it seems that it is not as good as i had thought....
    I am doing ok running as i am and i don't want to do much more running just now as i am back from a few knocks and injures
    Is it pointless really as a weight loss aid and leg muscle strenghting aid?
    I am looking for something to use as cross training,any idea's?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Down 2lbs or .9kg! Can't believe it, I ran DCM last year and lost nada.

Yipppeeeeeee, feel like going out for a run to celebrate but alas I have run out babysitters. Will have to hold on to my celebratory run til tonight. Doing Hal Higdons 5k intermediate training program so 5 x 400m intervals tonight, will be counting the calories burned as my legs & lungs burn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

I stayed the same this week but to be honest i didn't put much though into it and just ate the same as normal..I'm back running after a sickness break so hopefully the figures will start moving(down) next week!!!

Well done to every there is great weight loss there so far...fair play to you!!!

Can i ask whey the loss columns don't have the lbs in it for us elders :rolleyes:that can only think in lbs & stones??? plus it looks better:D (which is important psychologically for me):o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Decided to do this again after gaining 3lbs over Christmas then a further 4lbs due to being ill for 2 full weeks afterwards! So I'm back with an extreme amount of determination to shift these extra pounds and get back down to about 110lbs which is the weight that I'm most happy at. I also want to get my fitness back because after not being able to run for about 4 weeks my fitness has taken an enormous hit so hopefully I'll be back to normal soon enough!

Also some extra motivation for me is that April 3rd is 5 days before my birthday and I really want to look good by then!! :D:o

I think the inches are coming off but not showing on the scales :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

3 lbs lost last week. Gotta keep this up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

1kg gone for me in the past week. Only 7kg left to reach my goal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

6 lbs down overall. Happy Days :)

4lbs down :eek: :D

not expecting a lot this week as I have exams starting tomorrow and wont be out running more than twice, but
    hopefully I'll see another 0.5-1lb gone.

finally a little movement ..not a lot but a change all the same....174.8 to 173.6LBS... will definitely put more effort in next week...

the presses are almost cleared of Christmas rubbish...I'm typically Irish as in I bought it so i won't dump it ...it has to be eaten!!!;)

• Advertisement

All of you are starting to annoy me now:D

I've lost nothing and really need to talk to my doc re meds when i get my recent blood work back.

I've done almost a month of perfect diet and training and nothing has moved:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭meijin

Younganne wrote: »
    the presses are almost cleared of Christmas rubbish...I'm typically Irish as in I bought it so i won't dump it ...it has to be eaten!!!;)
    haha, I got 2lb of Roses chocolates at work for Christmas, and gave it all away :) you don't have to eat it yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

All of you are starting to annoy me now:D

I've lost nothing and really need to talk to my doc re meds when i get my recent blood work back.

I've done almost a month of perfect diet and training and nothing has moved:mad:

Eat less. Eating 'healthy' food is all well and good but if you are eating too much of it...

mloc123 wrote: »
    Eat less. Eating 'healthy' food is all well and good but if you are eating too much of it...

No my portion sizes are fine and calorie intake is right. Its all to with my blood sugars :(

Elvis Jones...next week you will have a great loss...unless your meds are affecting it...didn't you mention you got new meds around christmas...maybe it is impacting your weightloss...don't worry too much about the scales, any movement on inches/cm?...
    bet you are healthier because of your
    "perfect diet and training"

meijin wrote: »
    haha, I got 2lb of Roses chocolates at work for Christmas, and gave it all away :) you don't have to eat it yourself ;)

Hi Meijin, i don't eat much of it, the Hubby & kids eat it but the sooner its gone the better as then i can't be picking...I have NO willpower!!!!:(

Elvis Jones...next week you will have a great loss...unless your meds are affecting it...didn't you mention you got new meds around christmas...maybe it is impacting your weightloss...don't worry too much about the scales, any movement on inches/cm?...
    bet you are healthier because of your

I think its the meds as i've cleaned up my diet even more than last year. There has been a little movement in the inches but nothing major to be honest.

I got blood work done and waiting on the results so when i get a phonecall i'll be able to discuss it more and see what he says. I'm very lucky that my doctor is a diabetic and runs as well so he knows where i'm coming from re fuelling for runs etc and carb levels.

I have NO willpower!!!!:(
    You did run marathon, right? You have enough willpower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Down 3lbs in 3 weeks... not too bad at all! Nearly at my mini goal of 140lbs :)

3lbs down this week so delighted with that!!

• Advertisement

Nice progress for some people.

My weight is moving up and down by 2lbs depending on the day, however monthly average went down by .5lbs :rolleyes: More noticeable progress on waist size though - I might soon need to switch to the 4th extra hole I made in my belt... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm pretty late to the party here, have participated in the last few challenges and somehow missed kick-off on this one.

Nice work with the google doc.

I'm hoping to lose 6 pounds before Connemara Half on April 1st, currently 12 Stone 6 Pounds, will measure the belly tonight.

I'm still down nothing but changing tact. I'm moving from full marathon to half training so i'll get more done at high intensity !

I hope to see some results in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm still down nothing but changing tact. I'm moving from full marathon to half training so i'll get more done at high intensity !

I hope to see some results in the next few weeks.

I took a semi-voluntary break from training in December, and most of January. Left myself with too little time to train for a full Marathon so decided to change my focus for Conn. Marathon will likely have to wait till DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hi_there

Hi everyone, also a bit late to the party but sure what harm
    Not much experience running, trying to get into it, do a bit of cycling most days.
    Registered for Gaelforce West on Monday during a period of temporary insanity
    Main goal is to lose weight (159 to 130lbs) and to be fit enough to not die in August!

hi_there wrote: »
    Main goal is to lose weight (159 to 130lbs)

:eek:

Down 1lb for me but it marks a 20lb loss since last April and only 12 more to go

Up 1.5 kilo's but i have had now 9 days with no exercise due to a slight back injury from work so spent that 9 days in the nose bag!!!:mad:
    Going to try a gentle jog Sat morning to see if it is ok.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I was up 1.75lbs this week:eek:. Actually no need for shocked face- I know exactly why- I trained for over 12 hours between running, swimming and cycling and ate like an elephant. Couldnt stop munching on everything all day every day.

Very obvious note to self- more training does not equal a licence to eat crap all day!

• Advertisement

what's wrong? :? Thats my very long term goal-not trying to do that by august necessarily! Is there a time limit on this thread weight loss thing?

haha ok just realised the problem-I'm not trying to lose 159lbs! I want to go from 159 to 130lbs! :D

Down another pound for me to 161 and my waist (around belly button) is down to 33.5 inches, now just to continue this momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

If anyone saw the episode of the US office where they all ate like fools before they entered the wight loss challange well basically I was on holidays for a week, ate out twice/three times a day then came back. Lost no weight since a week after that. [hangs head in shame]

1.75lbs down. Cleaned the diet up a bit in the last week but nothing major. I just cant seem to control my longing for crap. Could be 2lbs up next week, just the luck of the draw at the moment. Every day I wake up saying I'll cop on today but by 9 at night I'm raiding the cupboards looking for chocolate. Need some willpower!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bally8 wrote: »
    1.75lbs down. Cleaned the diet up a bit in the last week but nothing major. I just cant seem to control my longing for crap. Could be 2lbs up next week, just the luck of the draw at the moment. Every day I wake up saying I'll cop on today but by 9 at night I'm raiding the cupboards looking for chocolate. Need some willpower!!!

If I have Chocolate in the cupboard it's getting eaten. The only way I find I can avoid it is by not having any crap in the cupboard...

• Advertisement

No change over the past two weeks at all :(

Ok I wasn't perfect the week before last but I was expecting to see at least some movement!? Should have taken measurements at the start.

Exams are over now so back to running :D yay!
    Hopefully I'll see some change in the right direction next tuesday...

Oops, 1.5 lbs up again. I didn't do anything different from other weeks really, probably just part of the natural up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Only down a miserable quarter of a lb in the last week :(
    Was hoping for a 2 lb loss per week but that is just not happening!

menoscemo wrote: »
    If I have Chocolate in the cupboard it's getting eaten. The only way I find I can avoid it is by not having any crap in the cupboard...

You're totally right, I should stop buying it but I cant help myself....I'm an addict :o. However just back from my grocery shopping and the only real chocolate I bought was a 6 pack of creme eggs- which is a big improvement already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Bally8 wrote: »
    You're totally right, I should stop buying it but I cant help myself....I'm an addict :o. However just back from my grocery shopping and the only real chocolate I bought was a 6 pack of creme eggs- which is a big improvement already.

mmmmm Creme eggs. I'd have the lot scoffed before the day was over :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement