Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A/R/T weight loss Jan-Apr 3rd

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

i stayed the same this week but hey that's fine....hope there'll be a small decrease next week....overall i have dropped a full clothes size and lost inches from most places.... and everyone i meet has commented on my loss...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Hit the 1 stone loss mark... yipee!!! First time I have seen below 200lbs in quite a few years. Need to keep the momentum up.

I know this tread was to run till April 3rd....hopefully it will continue beyond with a new challange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Final weigh in is next Thursday and we start it all again on April 12th !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm still hovering around 12 stone 3. Need to put the fork down more often next week!

stayed the same again this week again...happy enough with that as there was plenty of extra eating and drinking over the weekend!!!
    seeing as this is the last week, must try for another 1 or 2 lbs!

• Advertisement

So here it is, the last week !

Big push everyone.

Just to let you know that the next one will run from April 12 to June 1. Finishing up just in time for Tri Athy and Cork marathon !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Made no progress since early March due to races and low mileage weeks.

Just started to use myfitnesspal. There is a phone app also that you can scan stuff with barcode and it will let you add how much of it and work out your daily intake of everything. Also if you are like me and have a similar breakfast everyday then you can just copy yesterdays which is really sweet. Its free and I did feel that I had the exercise part right but now the diet it going to match. Even if it just motivates me to ease off the beer I think it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

rom wrote: »
    Made no progress since early March due to races and low mileage weeks.

Just started to use myfitnesspal. There is a phone app also that you can scan stuff with barcode and it will let you add how much of it and work out your daily intake of everything. Also if you are like me and have a similar breakfast everyday then you can just copy yesterdays which is really sweet. Its free and I did feel that I had the exercise part right but now the diet it going to match. Even if it just motivates me to ease off the beer I think it will work.

I think that's a good idea. It was mentioned in a previous incarnation of this thread about the number of people who are excercising and trying to lose weight who then go and treat themselves to bad calories (chocolate, ice cream, alcohol) as they've earnt it from doing the excercise. They then wonder why they aren't losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mike D

1lb down - 7 more to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Last weigh in tomorrow,should be around 94kgs ish.....a good loss over the duration

99.79 TO 93.88,Delighted with that.......

St Stephans day before this i ran 4 mile in 36.04,last week( paddys day) i ran a 4 mile race in 31.00,massive improvemnt which i put down to weight loss and being able to train better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Another small drop for me, down to 146 lb. At this rate it will be a while before I get below 140...

dahat wrote: »
    Last weigh in tomorrow,should be around 94kgs ish.....a good loss over the duration

99.79 TO 93.88,Delighted with that.......

St Stephans day before this i ran 4 mile in 36.04,last week( paddys day) i ran a 4 mile race in 31.00,massive improvemnt which i put down to weight loss and being able to train better

Have a look at http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/diet/weighteffect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Weighed in under 12 stone yesterday, first time I've had a "healthy" BMI since I was 17 (and that was because I was sick at the time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Weighed myself on Sunday. 143 lbs. :)
    Weighed myself again on Monday. 147 lbs. :eek:

I'm used to ups and downs, but this is just extreme!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Haven't posted in a while because my weight has been more or less the same. Had a load of exams throughout february and the stress of that, not having enough time to run and a bit of laziness thrown in meant that I was up 1lb one week down 1 the next, etc...

I know I won't make my target of 112lbs this time but I am determined to get it by June, plus another 2 or 3lbs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Managed to get rid of another lb this week. If I could shift another 7 or 8 lbs over the next couple of months it would be happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Managed to get rid of another lb this week. If I could shift another 7 or 8 lbs over the next couple of months it would be happy days.

Well done on your efforts over the past 3 months. You have posted a great weight loss! I am sure we would all be interested to hear what you did/changed and how you achieved such a great number. keep it up!

Domer wrote: »
    Well done on your efforts over the past 3 months. You have posted a great weight loss! I am sure we would all be interested to hear what you did/changed and how you achieved such a great number. keep it up!

Thanks Domer.

I guess the more extra weight being carried means there is more to come off.

I suppose the biggest change I made was actually keeping track of what I was eating. I used an app for the phone and actually having to go and record the calories on every biscuit really made me stop and think if I actually wanted it or not. Seeing instant feedback on my daily calorie intake was definitely an eye opener as well. I did some estimates on what I was eating previously and it was frightening. Those couple of packets of crisps all add up.

Fairly high mileage as well certainly helped, Im just under 500 for the year at this stage. I have done that mileage before but would always tereat myself after a run. By recording what I was eating I found that I had actually been treating myself to more than I was burning on the run. Having a pizza for dinner just because I did a 5 mile run really wasnt a smart move.

Thanks Domer.

I guess the more extra weight being carried means there is more to come off.

I suppose the biggest change I made was actually keeping track of what I was eating. I used an app for the phone and actually having to go and record the calories on every biscuit really made me stop and think if I actually wanted it or not. Seeing instant feedback on my daily calorie intake was definitely an eye opener as well. I did some estimates on what I was eating previously and it was frightening. Those couple of packets of crisps all add up.

Fairly high mileage as well certainly helped, Im just under 500 for the year at this stage. I have done that mileage before but would always tereat myself after a run. By recording what I was eating I found that I had actually been treating myself to more than I was burning on the run. Having a pizza for dinner just because I did a 5 mile run really wasnt a smart move.
    What app are you using to record food ?

rom wrote: »
    What app are you using to record food ?

myfitnesspal for the iphone, found it very easy to use

• Advertisement

myfitnesspal for the iphone, found it very easy to use
    started using it a week ago, its class. Hope it works for me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hit 92 kg's this morning.......6k race tonight so hopefully i can better my last 6k of 30.26 2 weeks ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

That is brillant weight loss BrokenMan, I think we started at the same weight and height but your results have been pretty spectacular. I've done 355KM so far this year so will struggle to hit the 1000 mile challenge unless I up the milage, my weight loss has been steady and unspectacular and I can't help being a bit envious of how much you have lost. Well done

What changes physically have you noticed - without getting too personal, would you say you are lean now or do you need to go even lower.

LarMan wrote: »

What changes physically have you noticed - without getting too personal, would you say you are lean now or do you need to go even lower.

I certainly wouldn't consider myself lean. Definitely noticable loss particularly on the face and arms. Still carrying too much round the gut though. A lot of people woudl say that slow and steady weight loss is easier to keep off than more rapid losses.
    I'd love to shift another 7 or 8 lbs and get solidly down into the 11 stone something range.
    Hopefully I'll manage it once the miles start picking back up afer Connemara again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

No move the last couple of weeks but shifted 2 lbs this week.

Motivation came from my wife who when asked

"do I look like an African yet?" (the implication that I am a skinny distance runner)

replied

"yes a fat, rich white African landowner" :cool: Harsh but fair

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mike D

1 lb off this week...slowly but surely!

Only down 5 lbs over the time BUT i sorted out my diet and i now know what works for me.

Once again i weigh less than i did at the start which is a positive thing.

Roll on April 12 and we start it all again.

Well done everyone.

Well done all, great loses there for some people.

I put 1lb up this week:(, but with a weekend away and 4 nights drinking, i'm surprised its not more.

But overall i reached the target i set so i'm happy with that and i'm a full clothes size down since the start of the challenge so that was the important bit...i still have a bit to go to get to the recommended 32in waist, but bit by bit i'll get there!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Last week was a great one. With no movement in weight for a couple of weeks had a 2lb loss followed by 3lbs last week. This happens with me regularly, no movement for a few weeks than it all comes off at once. That's a 10lb loss in 2 months and 1 more lb than I aimed for. First time I've ever hit my goal weight. Just in time as goal marathon is in 2 weeks time :)

PS apologies for self congratulations :)

• Advertisement

New weight loss challenge about to be started and we are running until June 1 which will bring us to Cork marathon and Triathy.

Here is the thread, good luck to all

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78102939#post78102939

Advertisement