Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mac Shop, Merrion Square

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hiya!

Does anyone know what happened to the Mac Shop on Merrion Square??? I tried to contact them but the number was invalid, the website is gone... seems they have closed!!! I havn't driven past yet as it's quite out of my way but i'd really love to know!

They have quite the expensive external hard drive of mine that I had left in for repairs and i really want/need it back!

Anyone know who and how to contact???

Otherwise, any advice on where I could get a cheapish 1 Terabyte drive somewhere/ how much it would be?

Thanks!!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JonnyLK

Hi Jonny here. I am afraid that i went out of business before Christmas. I am now running the business to business section in CompuB at 111 Grafton Street. We have some stock of hard drives but after the Thailand storms hard drive supplies are limited. You can contact me on 01 5079101 and go through to B2B. jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Padgeman

JonnyLK wrote: »
    Hi Jonny here. I am afraid that i went out of business before Christmas.

That is a damn shame. I always liked the Mac Shop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Hi Jonny!

Thanks for your reply!
    What has happened to the things that people have left in the Mac Shop before it closed? I'd obviously like to avoid buying a new hard drive and just get the one I already own back...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in future endeavours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Hi Jonny!

Thanks for your reply!
    What has happened to the things that people have left in the Mac Shop before it closed? I'd obviously like to avoid buying a new hard drive and just get the one I already own back...

Thanks!

Why don't you just call him at the number he left and ask him that rather than wait for him to see it here ?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Why don't you just call him at the number he left and ask him that rather than wait for him to see it here ?????

And that I shall do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Biaggi Biker

Dear Padgeman, my reason for posting 3 times is because the first 2 times i didnt think it had been sent/posted etc ( pardon me for not being computer literate).

Anyway, even if i was one of the suppliers who is owed money why couldnt i come on here and air my grievances, and what in gods earth has it got to do with you.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Dear Padgeman, my reason for posting 3 times is because the first 2 times i didnt think it had been sent/posted etc ( pardon me for not being computer literate).

Anyway, even if i was one of the suppliers who is owed money why couldnt i come on here and air my grievances, and what in gods earth has it got to do with you.?

because we don't know who you are. You could be someone who was caught stealing from them, and now are trying to blacken their name. You could, in short, be a liar. I would suggest that someone who comes on and said "I heard they owe money" rather than "they owe me money" has something to hide.

Surely we dont know who anyone is on these threads.? I dont see names and address`s for everyone....

Back to the point, if they owed me money i certainly wouldnt be on here asking for it back, and the reason i stated that " i heard" is because thats exactly how i was informed , " i heard". You dont have to work far away from the IT Industry to know that some suppliers are unhappy. I was simply stating what i heard on a thread which i believed to be relevant .

As for me being a thief or a possible blackmailer, please send apology to..................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Surely we dont know who anyone is on these threads.? I dont see names and address`s for everyone....

Back to the point, if they owed me money i certainly wouldnt be on here asking for it back, and the reason i stated that " i heard" is because thats exactly how i was informed , " i heard". You dont have to work far away from the IT Industry to know that some suppliers are unhappy. I was simply stating what i heard on a thread which i believed to be relevant .

As for me being a thief or a possible blackmailer, please send apology to..................................

you signed up simply to badmouth this shop and start rumours.

don't trust ya chief. don't believe your pleas of innocence.

sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Padgeman

tbh wrote: »

sorry.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

I'm not buying that. You may well be computer illiterate (which is fine by the way, I don't mind at all), but every time you hit the "Submit Reply" button in the new post window, it snaps down to show you your post. There is no way "in gods earth" that you could have missed it three times.

The second you posted it on the web, on a public message board, it became everyone's business. If you truly are computer illiterate, you would do well to remember this fact.

tbh wrote: »

sorry.

Nobody believes the official spokesman... but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

So, you come on making alligations with zero proof, but you want an apology from tbh for saying what you could be....:rolleyes:
    As pointed out, no one trusts someone that comes on purely just to badmouth someone.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    So, you come on making alligations with zero proof, but you want an apology from tbh for saying what you could be....:rolleyes:
    As pointed out, no one trusts someone that comes on purely just to badmouth someone.

By far the best proof is experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thread closed and unfounded claims removed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement