Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian Roulette for €10m - would you?

• 11-01-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Would you play Russian Roulette - one bullet in a 6-shooter for €10m straight up? Roughly 17% chance of blowing your head off or 83% chance of being loaded. Would you take that chance?

Russian Roullete €10m - yah or nah? 37 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 37 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Hell yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You'd have way better odds just wandering out in front of a Luas and claiming afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

No, my aim is too good and my luck too bad.

...if it were the opposite............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Can I put two bullets in the gun for 20 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Warper wrote: »
    Would you play Russian Roulette - one bullet in a 6-shooter for €10m straight up? Roughly 17% chance of blowing your head off or 83% chance of being loaded. Would you take that chance?

It's actually much better odds than that. The loaded chamber is obviously heavier and has a greater chance stopping lower in the spin arc.

Physics and ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Can I cheat like a certain magician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My life is worth more than a €10m Euro risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

No I choose life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

No.

IMO you could have typed "Oh, and you'd still get the 10 million even if you get killed." It would mean the same thing to me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not a chance

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

Yes I would take the chance, then I'd buy new underpants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Meh.....

Not for ten million.

Now if it was eleven million euro, sign me up lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

You can put in six bullets for 60 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

if there was a choice of 2 guns and one of them a machine gun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Nice one, Bobby de Niro.

Actually, I would do it for nothing since the only thing keeping me from doing it anyway are my girls.

3 years they're finished in college, I am free to do what I want. Including topping myself.

Now,,am I serious or messing around?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Warper wrote: »

I would do it for 1 million Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

It depends......is the 10million tax free?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I would like to think I'd have the balls to do so. If Murphy's law prevailed and I got unlucky I would be more worried about leaving myself in a vegetative state than dying. I read an article recently about botched suicide attempts with guns, nasty stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I don't need €10m that desperately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eyesquirm wrote: »
    Nice one, Bobby de Niro.

Actually, I would do it for nothing since the only thing keeping me from doing it anyway are my girls.

3 years they're finished in college, I am free to do what I want. Including topping myself.

Now,,am I serious or messing around?

:D

Bigger question, is anyone supposed to care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I really think I would, yeah. But I've no kids or dependants of any kind. If I did it would obviously be out of the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You can put in six bullets for 60 million.

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Yeah sure why not, either way i wont have to bother my arse with college exams :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Can we not play Mexican roulette.

6 bullets in a 6 chambered revolver.

They say only one man ever survived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

someone make this game happen and I will be there..for 2million........ah feck it Ill just play for the lulz and you can fill all six chambers!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What happens if you're the 6th person up and no bullet has been shot yet? Can't be fun...

Might be where they spin it each time.

I would indeed, single with no kids so why not :pac:
    Life is russian roullette with smaller stakes and effects, propor russian roullette is squeezing it all into a few seconds.

I back horses too :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sindri wrote: »
    Can we not play Mexican roulette.

6 bullets in a 6 chambered revolver.

They say only one man ever survived.

Is that the one where you tell me to go first, hand me the gun, I shoot you then take the money :confused:

LighterGuy wrote: »

I just watched that for the first time, even if the round was a blank the dischage from a blank that close would still kill you.

So unless the sound of the discharge wasn't just added, it was still Russian roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

Yes, it's a no brainer whatever way you look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

no feckin way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'd do it for three fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

LighterGuy wrote: »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3169388.stm
    Roulette gun stunt 'a hoax'

Jersey police have said the live Russian roulette TV stunt which was broadcast on Channel 4 on Sunday night was a hoax.

Illusionist Derren Brown asked another person to load a revolver with one bullet in the show recorded at Francheville Farm, Grouville, Jersey. Brown then pointed the gun at his own head, and pulled the trigger a number of times, stopping when he guessed the gun would fire.

"There was no live ammunition involved and at no time was anyone at risk," said Lenny Harper, Detective Chief Officer for the States of Jersey police. "A prop company brought a number of props to the island and they included a quantity of blank ammunition.

"There is absolutely no way that the States of Jersey police would allow anybody to put themselves at risk and shoot themselves dead."

Superintendent John Pearson said Jersey police were informed of the stunt before it took place. However, having examined how the stunt would work, they were satisfied it would not break any of the island's gun laws.

Asked if he had been concerned that somebody was going to fire a loaded gun at their head, he said: "If what was portrayed on TV was going to happen, then we did have concerns. "So a senior officer contacted Channel 4 and then we found out.
    "We were absolutely satisfied that, firstly, there would no offences committed in Jersey in relation to any laws at all and secondly, that no-one was in any danger whatsoever."

No offences committed

Handguns are illegal in the UK. Mr Pearson pointed out that certain firearm legislation in Jersey was in fact tougher than the UK. For instance, unlike the UK, it was illegal to hold an airgun in Jersey without a licence.

He said the Jersey police had contacted Channel 4 after being alerted by a national newspaper that the show was to be filmed on the island.

Channel 4 would only say in a statement: "In making and broadcasting this programme, Channel 4 was very mindful of its responsibility to ensure the safety of all involved and liaised with the Jersey police in advance of filming there to ensure that no offences were committed."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Damn right I would. Sure if you lose, you wont live long enough to even know about it.
    Quick and painless.
    HOLY SH!T!! THEIRS YAKULT ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

HovaBaby wrote: »

Its something that is demonstrated to you before you start training with blanks, they fire the nozzle of the gun into a piece of wood and it makes a hole in it.

Its as I posted, unless the sound was added, a dangerous thing to do.

Brandon Lee was killed by a blank if I remember right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I dont got the stones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'd pull the trigger once for 10 million, possibly 1 milllion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Why wouldnt you shoot the other person in the head and keep the €10 milion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Poll results are gas.

36% say they'd do it. Yeah right, if it came down to it you wouldn't dream of doing it.

Advertisement