Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Pro Card

• 11-01-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Just noticed on the Mac Website it says the pro card can be used in all free standing stores except Brown Thomas Dublin, does anyone know why this is and if it's worth even applying for then??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Do you get discounts on products with the pro card? Or is it that you can only buy the pro products (e,g, the pan shadows and blushes) with it? If it's the latter, there's probably no need for it as I've bought the pro pans before in BTs with no problem, and I'm not a professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The pro card is only for those who work in the beauty industry, so if you don't work in the beauty industry you won't get a card (unless you know someone who can get you a card).

https://www.maccosmetics.com/macpro/membership/index.tmpl

As well as that there are no independent M.A.C stores within Ireland, M.A.C is only available in Brown Thomas and Dublin Airport. Don't know about others airports in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I'm going to train to be a make up artist so was just wondering what the deal was with this card, assume then its of no real use here?

Do any other beauty brands do something similar??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

It's for Employees, Photographers, industry Make Up Artists etc to use so they can get their supplies for cheap as well as their own stuff. It has to be standalone stores though, nearest one is Belfast I think.

The discount varies from profession, employees get 60%. It's definitely worth it, may not do much here but if your ever in the UK it's a lifesaver I'm sure.

Advertisement