Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix with Iomega Screenplay DX?

• 11-01-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I have the Iogmega Screenplay DX HD Multimedia Player which obviously has Wifi (via the dongle) enabling me to browse the web, watch youtube vids etc. However I have tried to watch Netflix since I signed up last night and it is not supported. Iomega advertise the fact that Netflix is one of the features of the device but make it clear that it is for the US only. However now that Netflix is available in the UK and Ireland, surely there is some way of adding he Netflix option seeing as it is clearly compatible? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

SB-08 wrote: »
    I have the Iogmega Screenplay DX HD Multimedia Player which obviously has Wifi (via the dongle) enabling me to browse the web, watch youtube vids etc. However I have tried to watch Netflix since I signed up last night and it is not supported. Iomega advertise the fact that Netflix is one of the features of the device but make it clear that it is for the US only. However now that Netflix is available in the UK and Ireland, surely there is some way of adding he Netflix option seeing as it is clearly compatible? Cheers

Another irresistible purchase from Lidl? The spec was impressive.
    I got mine some time back before I discovered what I really needed was an AppleTV.
    I have found it a pain, the remote - Jeez!! More notable for what it can't play .
    I had been waiting for Netflix to come along, but you've saved me the bother.
    I see that Netflix now appears on the AppleTV menu, but I just get a redirection to Netflix support.
    My main machine is a Mac. I had planned to use a Windows Laptop to stream Netflix to the Iomega which is attached to the TV.
    Hopefully the do's and do'nts will become clearer in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

ainiseoir wrote: »
    Another irresistible purchase from Lidl? The spec was impressive.
    I got mine some time back before I discovered what I really needed was an AppleTV.

Jeez ainiseoir! - kick a man when he down why dont you. :p

BS, the netflicks service is only just released, so it will be a while before Iomega will make the irish one compatible via firmware update... My dad has Screenplay DX HD too so am waiting on this also.

Hope this helps.

Access wrote: »
    Jeez ainiseoir! - kick a man when he down why dont you. :p

BS, the netflicks service is only just released, so it will be a while before Iomega will make the irish one compatible via firmware update... My dad has Screenplay DX HD too so am waiting on this also.

Hope this helps.

And him wearing glasses and a crying baby in his arms!
    I'm glad to hear about the positive vibes for the future with the Iomega.
    They had an update just recently, so it'll be some time, I reckon.
    I wonder if the same holds for the Netflix link on the AppleTV media player?
    It would be a whole lot easier to use for the big-fingered.
    Slán tamall.

I managed to get Netflix going on my ATV by unplugging it and starting it up again.
    I would like to see it on the Iomega, it offers better resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Got the Iomega screenplay over Christmas. Great little device. Handles most formats (including MKV, which I use); browser, and even streams iTunes and iPhoto from my iMac.

All told, for €140 you can't go wrong with that device.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Just got a reply from iOmega support...

"I am sorry to inform you but at the moment there are no plans for making Netflix afailable for our units in EU"

I am trying to find a way to flash my unit with USA firmware but no luck so far...

Thank you for that.
    I reckon the time has come to pass it on to someone who will have more use for it.
    Odd that AppleTV would carry Netflix, as it would appear to be in competition with it's own movie business.
    Then with the titles on offer and poor video quality (on the only one I've tried to watch so far) perhaps not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lig OFE

Hi, anyone get any closer to American firmware/Netflix...?

it's over a year, i'm sure everyone just moved on from my trusty ScreenPlayDX...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

Lig OFE wrote: »
    Hi, anyone get any closer to American firmware/Netflix...?

it's over a year, i'm sure everyone just moved on from my trusty ScreenPlayDX...

sorry for bringing this topic up also had anyone any luck getting netflix working on screenplay director?

Advertisement