Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Password, Help Appreciated

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so this is kind of hard to explain, so if I leave out anything I apologise.

Right, so when I set up my XBL account with my current g-tag, I created a dedicated email address for it, as my main email address at the time was tied to my old account.

This was almost 3 and a half years ago, and I haven't logged into that email address since(as it was just there to allow me to have the account).

I've never been asked to log in on my console, but after I installed the latest update, it now wants me to log in. And i don't have the password. I'm not even 100% positive I know the email address I used.

I've tried resetting the password of the address I'm almost positive I used, but no joy.

I never used XBL much because my connection was too slow, but now I've got a fast one so wanted to start using it.

There's no credit card or anything like that tied to the account, as I joined originally with the month's free membership, and had a code for an extra three months after that.

So, what I'm basically wondering is, is there any way of resetting it? I was going to ring customer support, but I'm not sure they'll be able to help me, as there's no real way I can prove that I am who I am. Would they even be able to confirm which email address I used so I could try resetting it again...

I really don't want to have to start a new account, my Achievements are kind of important to me so don't want to lose them.

Sorry about the long post, and before anyone says it, I know I'm an idiot. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you set correct address details and a secret question, xbox support may be able to tell you the WLID used.

If not, start thinking harder or start a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If you set correct address details and a secret question, xbox support may be able to tell you the WLID used.

If not, start thinking harder or start a new account.

I'm almost positive I know the WLID, so I've sent a reset request to hotmail support. Only problem is, I couldn't really provide a lot of the information they wanted, because they asked for subject lines of recent emails(I've never sent an email from that account so couldn't provide that), credit card details of the card associated with the XBL account(no card associated with it). So hopefully they can help me out...

Advertisement