Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

• 11-01-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing a PLC course in Retail Management and a requirement for the course is to obtain two weeks of unpaid work experience.

The course specifies that the work experience must be carried out in a retail environment, and I'm just wondering does anybody know of stores in Limerick city that generally take on people?

Insurance is covered by the college and it's basically free work. Anybody have any suggestions ie Dunnes, Tesco, HMV or retail stores of that nature.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

HMV used to when I worked there. you'll be a stockroom monkey but its handy enough work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

From my experience of work placements you`ll get a positive response from owner operated stores.
    Make sure you present well, and get the "insurance" issue explained at the beginning. They would like to see you, so go talk to them. Don`t rely solely on e-mail/tel.
    Connections and recommendations will always stand to you.
    One more important aspect, when you get the W/P fill your report in every day without fail. Rushing to get it in two weeks later when you can`t remember is not a good idea.
    Best of Luck.

Advertisement