Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a job question

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am currently employed on a fixed term contract by a vendor employment agency onsite at a multinational company. The agency in question also have a separate branch of the business which is the standard recruitment agency stuff (ie they get you work and take a commission but that's the end of your relationship with them).
    On their recruitment agency website they have some very interesting jobs that I would like to apply for. My question is, even though my current contract is over in a few months, am I likely to get into trouble if our onsite team find out I am applying for other jobs? I can't find anything in my contract about it.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

They can't stop you.

I've known a few people who've worked in recruitment agencies, and they have applied for jobs the agency is handling. This is considered really bad form - if you get caught. It means the agency losing their commission on a job. Unless the agency sends you to the job.

If you apply to the recruitment branch, you may get in trouble - a bell ring straight away if someone from the same company applies. But if you're open about it, and your contract is clearly going to end in 3 months, they may help you find a job.

Don't be too impressed by the jobs you see advertised on recruitment agency sites. Often the jobs do not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Would you you consider talking to your local team about it? They're most likely paid based on the headcount of people they manage (if it's the company that I'm 99% sure it is :-) so may not be that upset. Phrase it as you're looking for opportunities, either here or elsewhere.

Advertisement