Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals - 14/01/2012 (aKa Saturday)

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! Anyone up for casuals this Sat? I haven't been round to one in AGES so it would be good to meet up and have a few games. I'll try to be there for around 1 but I might be a bit late so if I am, it'll be around 4ish. I'll post up here when I'll be there on the day. I can bring in SSFIV but don't have the AE disc but I suppose I could download the AE update at XGC with my account? Or is their connection too slow?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's an old face!

I will probably be there, all things being equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Couldn't make Wednesday casuals, so should come to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll there there for 2.00pm probably

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I was thinking of bringing in VF5 (X360). I'm nowhere near the same standard as I would be with SF (and even in SF, judging by the general standard, my play is quite poor anyway :P) so I'm not great at VF but I do enjoy it since it feels quite varied and fluid as well. I've got a few combos and ideas with Akira but thats about it. So if there is any interest for VF5, I can bring my copy in on Saturday but like I said, its the X360 version so if anyone here plays VF5 on a PS3 pad, someone would have to bring in a PS3 version or some sort of PS3-X360 converter.

So would anyone be up for some VF5? Just a little request though, no Pai, Lau or Kage players please, you just ruin the game for me! pacman.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I play a bit of Wolf and Jacky, although I'd need a few games to get the old muscle memory moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Might be in for this, would be cool to play you again Lep!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

can't make this one

Yeah, I'll play some VF.
    Might need to borrow a 360 pad though, not sure if my stick play still holds up.

My last main was Aoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I will come to show some scrubs what pro level SF play is.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ladnopoka wrote: »
    I will come to show some scrubs what pro level SF play is.

you bringing in your laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I'll try and drop in too, late afternoon... early midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Chopper needs to come to play Kiki at VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    you bringing in your laptop?

gg

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I'll be there around 1 with one or two others I hope

Good to see some interest for VF5 :). It's a real hidden gem of a fighter, not much is talked about it but if you're into your technical fighters, there is a lot to it.

I almost forgot to mention, I can bring in my laptop. I have a bunch of different fighters for it, mostly SF (SSF2T / HSF2 / SFA (1, 2, 3) SFIII (New Gen, 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike) / the (poorly) SF EX series (EX, EX Plus, EX2 and EX2 Plus), Tekken (1, 2, 3 and Tag Tournament) and VF2.1) so if anyone wants to play any of those fighters, they're all there. I've also got the PC version of SSFIV AE here so if some reason, you need the PC version, its there. I should mention though, there is something not quite right with it, I feel like there is a little bit of input lag. I've tried lowering gfx settings (which I shouldn't need to really as my laptop is quite capable) and turned off VSync (which did help a lot) but I might be wrong and its fine since the FPS is averaging around 60 anyway. Anyway, you can judge for yourself if you want to try it :).

One thing about the laptop though, are there any power sockets handy around the xboxes/ps3s? Emulators, especially arcade ones, are power hungry applications so might not be able to get many games in without the battery dying.

Another thing, regarding SSFIV AE for X360, as I mentioned before, I never bought the SSFIV AE disc, I just bought it off the marketplace as an add-on for SSFIV. I have a USB drive which I've been able to copy over the AE update to (to save having to download it at XGC) and since there is plenty of free space, I managed to throw on SSF2THDR and SF3:Online as well but I remember reading a while ago here that some people mentioned that its basically impossible to get to any USB ports on the new X360 S since all the USB ports are at the back and XGC having conveniently crammed their X360s into a tight space so is there any solution for this? So if the data can't be copied, we might have to wait a while for the AE update to download which would just suck.

Right on the bus here so should be in
    for 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

just 2 more exams to go... so i wont be in but ill be there on Wednesday with all my new Marvel tech mwahahaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Good to see some interest for VF5 :). It's a real hidden gem of a fighter, not much is talked about it but if you're into your technical fighters, there is a lot to it.

I almost forgot to mention, I can bring in my laptop. I have a bunch of different fighters for it, mostly SF (SSF2T / HSF2 / SFA (1, 2, 3) SFIII (New Gen, 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike) / the (poorly) SF EX series (EX, EX Plus, EX2 and EX2 Plus), Tekken (1, 2, 3 and Tag Tournament) and VF2.1) so if anyone wants to play any of those fighters, they're all there. I've also got the PC version of SSFIV AE here so if some reason, you need the PC version, its there. I should mention though, there is something not quite right with it, I feel like there is a little bit of input lag. I've tried lowering gfx settings (which I shouldn't need to really as my laptop is quite capable) and turned off VSync (which did help a lot) but I might be wrong and its fine since the FPS is averaging around 60 anyway. Anyway, you can judge for yourself if you want to try it :).

One thing about the laptop though, are there any power sockets handy around the xboxes/ps3s? Emulators, especially arcade ones, are power hungry applications so might not be able to get many games in without the battery dying.

Another thing, regarding SSFIV AE for X360, as I mentioned before, I never bought the SSFIV AE disc, I just bought it off the marketplace as an add-on for SSFIV. I have a USB drive which I've been able to copy over the AE update to (to save having to download it at XGC) and since there is plenty of free space, I managed to throw on SSF2THDR and SF3:Online as well but I remember reading a while ago here that some people mentioned that its basically impossible to get to any USB ports on the new X360 S since all the USB ports are at the back and XGC having conveniently crammed their X360s into a tight space so is there any solution for this? So if the data can't be copied, we might have to wait a while for the AE update to download which would just suck.
    Le Problem mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The Hound wrote: »
    Le Problem mad.gif

True.

Poorly is a gross exaggeration that does not properly convey how bad those games are.

Good casuals all, ggs to all.
    Shoutouts to Doom & Onion making me salty as hell. May your randomness never stop.

Leprekaun, sorry for not recognising you earlier; I would've challenged you to some VF if I had :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

GGs to the Tekken players, good to see it being played and hope to see it more in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Good casuals all, ggs to all.
    May your randomness never stop.

Your the best Kiki

Advertisement