Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to NGB

Options
  • 11-01-2012 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Would moving to NGB improve line quality and speed? I am currently on upto 8meg and getting 6/512k as the line falls to pieces anything higher.

I assume my current lines on adsl were as ngb would be adsl2+?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jimmad wrote: »
    Hi,

Would moving to NGB improve line quality and speed? I am currently on upto 8meg and getting 6/512k as the line falls to pieces anything higher.

I assume my current lines on adsl were as ngb would be adsl2+?

Hi jimmad,

The NGB is a change in the way the broadband signal is provided at an exchange on the line and it allows for an uncontested signal. However it will still be subject to individual line capabilities.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭phonejacker

i got a letter from eircom dated 3rd of march saying that i will be graded from my current speed of 3mb (but i really only get 1.9mb) to NGB. hasnt happened yet. how does it take eircom to upgrade it from when u get the letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

i got a letter from eircom dated 3rd of march saying that i will be graded from my current speed of 3mb (but i really only get 1.9mb) to NGB. hasnt happened yet. how does it take eircom to upgrade it from when u get the letter?

Hi phonejacker,

Apologies for the delay replying. Can you DM with your phone number or Account number and I will take a look at your broadband connection.

Thanks
    Ant

Advertisement