Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucky to have a job.

• 11-01-2012 9:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Fack off, unlucky to not have a job more like it. The vast majority are in employment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I have a job. I quit it. I finish up in 8 days... Emplyment is over rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Try self employment, If you want to work and be broke, it's perfect.
    Great gas altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

here, gis a job will ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Spunge wrote: »
    here, gis a job will ya

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Try being a feckin student and working a **** part time job to get by.

It's great.

*loads shotgun*

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Fack off, unlucky to not have a job more like it. The vast majority are in employment.

I can't even work out what your point is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hank_Jones wrote: »

It's great.

*loads shotgun*
    Shut up student, your opinion is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I think he means quite a lot people who claim to be unemployed actually have a job and are fraudulently claiming dole....which i agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

It's great.

*loads shotgun*

Did it for four years. Didn't bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

We shall agree to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

The way people go on you would swear over 50% of the population are unemployed.

Wages have gone down though and as people are worried there is a lot less money in circulation. The negative talk is actually a bigger problem than the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I know a couple who must be the lucklist people in the world as they have two jobs each. Both are teachers and at weekends and during the summer he paints and decorates and she baby sits and child minds. He is great value, I got him to price a job and he came in well over Euro 400 than any one else and he came when he promsed and had it done when he said.
    She is brilliant and her two children are the same age as ours. Once we had to go away for a weekend and our usual childminder let us down, we just contacted her and although she had two other children along with her own said no problem and only charged 40 euro per child two per 24 hour day, amazing value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

It's great.

*loads shotgun*

And points at face?

I know a couple who must be the lucklist people in the world as they have two jobs each. Both are teachers and at weekends and during the summer he paints and decorates and she baby sits and child minds. He is great value, I got him to price a job and he came in well over Euro 400 than any one else and he came when he promsed and had it done when he said.
    She is brilliant and her two children are the same age as ours. Once we had to go away for a weekend and our usual childminder let us down, we just contacted her and although she had two other children along with her own said no problem and only charged 40 euro per child two per 24 hour day, amazing value.

They don't sound lucky. They sound hard working.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Of course they are declaring tax on that income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I know a couple who must be the lucklist people in the world as they have two jobs each. Both are teachers and at weekends and during the summer he paints and decorates and she baby sits and child minds.
    That doesn't sound lucky that sounds like hard work due to the massive amount of holidays their jobs give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

live register shows that unemployment is at 14% but what they dont factor in is the people on lone parent allowance so unemployment figures are actually quite a bit higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

MagicSean wrote: »
    They don't sound lucky. They sound hard working.
    pmsl they sound like tax dodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

snubbleste wrote: »
    Of course they are declaring tax on that income.

Never asked for a receipt so couldn't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    The way people go on you would swear over 50% of the population are unemployed.

Wages have gone down though and as people are worried there is a lot less money in circulation. The negative talk is actually a bigger problem than the reality.

Thats realy true you would think from listening tot the Media that were some kind of third world country

even with the Recession we still have one of the Highest living standards in the world

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    pmsl they sound like tax dodgers

How exactly? The op never mentioned their taxes. What has been said that would in any way indicate they are dodging tax?

i was miserable working , i do enjoy getting up with the kids now i have to admit
    working isnt what it used to be , moneywise
    im not saying i wouldnt take a job today if it was offered but i wouldnt call someone slaving away on minimum wage lucky

MagicSean wrote: »
    How exactly? The op never mentioned their taxes. What has been said that would in any way indicate they are dodging tax?
    the fact he is running a painting and decorating business and charging 400 quid less than the competition

the fact he is running a painting and decorating business and charging 400 quid less than the competition

Ah so cheap prices mean tax dodging. I better tell the revenue about this place I was in called Lidl.

she is charging 40 euro for 24 hours of childminding ,whats the vat on that?
    he is part time painting and decorating so i doubt hes painting huge houses , to have a difference over the competition by 400 quid on a small job is suspicious ,
    im not bothered either way but thats what it looks like,
    when do these people spend time with their families , i imagine every free minute they get is spent counting their money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

she is charging 40 euro for 24 hours of childminding ,whats the vat on that?

€0 if she's making less than €37,500 a year.

she must be doing it rough so , that many jobs and making less than 37000 a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Shut up student, your opinion is irrelevant.

Yeah :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Hate my job, soul destroying...but...it keeps me in the lifestyle I've become accustomed too...abject poverty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Couldn't care less what other people declare or don't declare when it comes to their earnings, best of luck to them if they are earning a nice but of extra cash.

Advertisement