Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly girl throws a strop, nearly kills herself!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Fecking young wans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

8 hours wandering around the countryside at 35C? How in the fcuk is this news???

Sorry but anyone who has lived in Oz for any amount of time will tell you 35 is hot but it can be alot worse. Ive worked 10 plus hours outside on sites in the low 40s (with fcukloads of water mind but even then at that temp the cold tap water is roasting hot).

Never mind that but she set off at 5:30, it wouldnt have even started getting uncomfortably hot for about 3- 4 hours....all in all a 5 hour lost wander in the sun makes the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Silly b*tch ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

What does the article say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Article for mobile browsers...
    A YOUNG Irish woman has learned the hard way that there are better places to cool off after an argument than the Australian outback.

Kelly Carty Eglington is lucky to be alive after spending half a day lost as the temperature soared above 35C and she suffered hallucinations, dehydration and severe sunburn before she was rescued.

Originally from Coolock on Dublin's northside, Kelly has been in Australia for the past four years, where she lives with her partner Damian Raudino, an Australian.

Yesterday, the 25-year-old spoke of her ordeal for the first time.

The couple were making an eight-hour journey by car from their home in Melbourne, Victoria, to the far north-west of New South Wales where they were due to start work shearing sheep. Mr Raudino is a sheep shearing contractor.

Kelly said that, at around 5.30am on Sunday, the couple had "a bit of an argument" in the car about 100km west of the isolated community of Wanaaring, which has a population of about 75.

She got out of the car and walked into the bush with her three-month-old ****zu maltese dog Charlie to cool down.

But when she turned around she had no idea where the car was.

"Everything looked exactly the same," Kelly, speaking to the Irish Independent from Bourke Hospital where she is recovering, said yesterday.

Mr Raudino reported her missing soon after, sparking a search involving local farm hands and police, who had to travel large distances to assist.

In total Kelly estimated that she walked for around eight hours, having lost one shoe, and wearing only a T-shirt and shorts.

She followed a fence hoping that it would lead her to civilisation but, eventually, with no food or drinking water, she rested under a tree.

"My eyes were playing tricks on me. I would think I had seen groups of people looking for me but really it would be a group of emus.

"I would call out for my boyfriend and think I heard people calling back, but it would really be birds.

"I was sure I was going to be bitten by a snake, I don't know how it didn't happen," she added.

Kelly came across kangaroos, a giant snake pit and other animals as she wandered in the inhospitable outback of New South Wales.

In the end, it was Charlie who helped keep Kelly's mind focused. "I didn't care about myself; I just wanted to make sure my dog was all right," Kelly said.

At one stage she noticed that a predatory bird, understood to have been a wedge-tailed eagle, was stalking the dog and made certain to shelter him.

With sticks that she had gathered, she made an "SOS" sign on the ground before she rested under the tree.

Shortly before 5pm she spotted a plane that had been dispatched as part of the search effort. She took off her T-shirt, placed it on a stick and began waving it in the air.

When she was spotted by the plane she was only 3.5km from where she was last seen.

Kelly will remain in Bourke Hospital until Sunday at the earliest. She is being treated for severe sunburn and dehydration. Her feet are also in bandages after she was forced to walk with just one shoe.

Both she and Charlie are expected to make a full recovery.

- Luke Byrne

Irish Independent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Shortly before 5pm she spotted a plane that had been dispatched as part of the search effort. She took off her T-shirt, placed it on a stick and began waving it in the air.

Basically she was lost for 8hours.

Then she got her tits out.

Found immediately.

Boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

She was just on with Ray D'Arcy. Said the dog jumped out of the car when they stopped so she chased it into the bush. Never said anything about an arguement or getting out in a strop. So you see, that's what happens to liars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Silly mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Gob****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Just heard her on the radio. I think it was 5pm the following day when she was found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I was shocked that someone would be so stupid...until I read:

'Originally from Coolock'

I hope I've offended a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

johngalway wrote: »
    Gob****e.

And the double barelled name gave that away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Next time my missus throws a strop, the odds suggest today, i'm gonna stick her in the oven for 8 hours to put manners on her.
    Thanks for sharing OP:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

It's called Darwinnowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was concerned that she endangered her dog through her idiocy.

I'm glad to hear the dog survived the ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ludramon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

A Dub. Not surprised to be honest. Subsisted here in ireland on a diet consisting of Eastenders and Corrie no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

A Dub. Not surprised to be honest. Subsisted here in ireland on a diet consisting of Eastenders and Corrie no doubt.

Not like the hardy dwellers of the Great Westmeath bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

How is this news or even useful apart from giving virgins a chance to trot out their usual bitch and hewer routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

fcuking retard, its this kind of stuff that just helps my sexist ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Women ! Know your limits !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

In the end, it was Charlie who helped keep Kelly's mind focused. "I didn't care about myself; I just wanted to make sure my dog was all right," Kelly said.

What an absolute stupid ****ing lying thick! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Young wans today can't handle not getting their own way. Oh have a strop with your fella and run off in the middle of nowhere and scare everyone half to death in the process. Hope her parents send over a big bottle of cop on with a dash of reality for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

I assume she learned her sheep shearing skills at the Peter Mark academy in Coolock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If you get lost like that, just stare directly at the sun to get your bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

OMG...stupid b*tch, hope that puts manners her and she wont be throwing anymore strops!! I find it funny that she was wandering about for 8hrs and was only 3.5km from where the car was, how many times did she walk in circles?!!! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I was shocked that someone would be so stupid...until I read:

'Originally from Coolock'

I hope I've offended a lot of people.
    I'd bet there are not to many native Coolock sheep shearers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

shes not even good looking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Chicks :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What a dumbass, the pair of them. The Australian boyfriend should've known better than to let her wander off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's ok Charlie made it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

How did she lose her shoe? I mean seriously, you wouldn't just be walking along for 8 hours and your shoe falls off randomly.

There are one or two holes in this story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Beyonce needs to write a song about this independent woman. She's so much better than her man she'd rather walk off into a desert and lose a shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

She never mentioned anything about an arguement on Ray Darcy this morning so either she is a liar or the journalist who wrote the article is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Draupnir wrote: »
    How did she lose her shoe? I mean seriously, you wouldn't just be walking along for 8 hours and your shoe falls off randomly.

There are one or two holes in this story.

She said on the radio this morning that when she opened the car door to get out the dog ran off so she ran after him not realising that she only had the one flip flop on until she caught the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

She's a double-barrel named, ****zu owning, tantrum throwing idiot.

Eh, why did they bother looking for her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

razorblunt wrote: »
    It's ok Charlie made it!!

Literally the only reason that I read the whole article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

theteal wrote: »
    Literally the only reason that I read the whole article

I won't lie I rushed to the end to find out! Missed the part about the shoe and all because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'll be honest.

This is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

gazzer wrote: »
    She said on the radio this morning that when she opened the car door to get out the dog ran off so she ran after him not realising that she only had the one flip flop on until she caught the dog.

All I get from that is that she wasn't even wearing shoes. Yet another hole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Draupnir wrote: »
    All I get from that is that she wasn't even wearing shoes. Yet another hole!

Don't judge her until you've walked for 5 hours in her shoe(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Sleepy wrote: »
    She's a double-barrel named, ****zu owning, tantrum throwing idiot.

Eh, why did they bother looking for her?

You absolute monster! She had a dog with her. The dog had no say in her childish restarditude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    You absolute monster! She had a dog with her. The dog had no say in her childish restarditude
    I would have been a better story if they had found her only the dog had eaten her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Next time my missus throws a strop, the odds suggest today, i'm gonna stick her in the oven for 8 hours to put manners on her.
    Thanks for sharing OP:D

And she'll emerge with her tits out!!!

Happy Days:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

She said on ray darcy that it was 5pm the NEXT DAY. That she had spent the night there.
    She also said that she ended up 8km from where she started, not 3.5..

Hmmmm....

She also said there was no argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

walked away from car and got lost

and they say women have no sense of direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

you think she would have just stopped moving when she realised she was lost or simply just turned back? how the hell can she keep walking for that long, 8km is a fair distance. silly silly woman.

the lack of a sense of direction is shocking in some people.
    Kelly Carty Eglington is lucky to be alive after spending half a day lost as the temperature soared above 35C and she suffered hallucinations.

you dont need 35c for irish women to suffer from that, it seems to be a normal, daily occurance for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Liam Neeson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Stupid bitch, she managed to walk 3.5km (2 feckin miles) and the silly mare managed to lose one of her shoes in that short time, how the **** do you lose a shoe in such a short distance, didnt she notice it missing/fall off and put it back on again? Its not like she had gone far. The australian authorities should deport her for being as dumb as sh*t but then again do we really want someone that stupid back here again!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement