Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gyms for the new year

• 11-01-2012 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Leisure land is €200 for a student rate for six months membership , does anybody out there know if its any good or if there are any better deals going ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Personally I don't like it. It seems a bit to congested, not enough space between everything.

I've now tried Leisureland, NRG, KingFisher Renmore and NUIG, Peak Physique and most recently the Carlton.

By far the nicest in my opinion is actually the Carlton. The gym is small but pretty spaced out. It's only really busy for a 2 hour window in the evenings. The Pool, Sauna and Steam room are all nice and parking is plentiful. It's also pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Upandheading

Best is Ocean Fitness over in Salthill, good bit more expensive but best facilities by a mile. Carlton is clean and well appointed but lacks atmosphere - just my opinion...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Ocean Fitness is best in town but you will pay for privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Just buy yourself a skipping rope,build up to doing 20-30mins on it 3 times a week,you'll be cardio fit in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I joined the NRG in Bohermore late last year and I find it very good. Miles ahead of my last place anyway, the kingfisher.
    Good facilities and most (if not all) classes are no extra charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ewo

Carlton FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

boardzz wrote: »
    Ocean Fitness is best in town but you will pay for privilege.

They do a good couples rate and often offer a corporate rate depending where you work.

I joined up with the Missus and asked for the corporate and I was paying €49.50 a month, facilities are first class, the place is spotless and due to a slightly higher prices it's always reasonable quite in there, even at peak times.

No Riff Raff in their either.

Some nice talent in their too, and no real time wasters; a good culture of Gym etiquette too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

How much is the Carlton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

ArtyC wrote: »
    How much is the Carlton?

Not sure what the normal rate is..It was 420 for the year for Corporate rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I joined up with the Missus and asked for the corporate and I was paying €49.50 a month, facilities are first class, the place is spotless and due to a slightly higher prices it's always reasonable quite in there, even at peak times.

No Riff Raff in their either.

Some nice talent in their too, and no real time wasters; a good culture of Gym etiquette too.[/QUOTE]

"riff raff" "nice talent", its a wonder you can balance that big head of yours on a machine at all. What century do you think this is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

"riff raff" "nice talent", its a wonder you can balance that big head of yours on a machine at all.

The clientele of your gym of choice is an important factor for me.

My point was that their are no scum bags in there so my car and my gear is reasonable safe, and people in the gym are fairly sound.

My previous gym had some scum bag members, lockers were broken into and they would be spitting in the pool, some pretty disgusting stuff.

'Nice talent' was tongue in cheek..... Some seriously attractive women in there though!! Plenty motivation!!

Advertisement