Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good deals for Internet Roaming ?

Options
  • 11-01-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Bit of a weird one, Living in the Netherlands and working over the border in Germany.

Roaming is really becoming an issue because I have a German phone for Work calls I have to carry a second phone if I want to use this for Data, also the personal data on my work phone is 50MB.

So was thinking I would get a Dutch Sim card since thats where the majority of my data usage would be (I use Fring/Whatsapp for calls and Justvoip for Landline stuff) , best I could find was T-Mobile

Breaks down as
    110 Minutes/SMS/MB

Internet Smart Bundle:800MB
    Download: to 3,6 Mb/s
    Upload: to 384 Kb/s

Internet Europa Bundle: 500MB Roaming Data in Europe.

Works out at 29 euros a month on a 12 month contract.

Do you think 800MB at home (NL) and 500MB abroad (DE) is enough, the most I'd be doing is checking Mail, reading the web occasionally and listening to streaming radio in the Car (Roughly 2 hours per day, around 1-2 hours per day 60% DE, 40% NL on my commute)

Also when I cycle the 20 minutes it takes to get to Belgium i'll still be able to use Google maps :rolleyes:

Anyone else work across a border ? Do you have a creative solution or know of a better deal for European roaming ?

Good thing is i could also use it when back visiting Ireland :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Streaming radio can use up to 100mb/hour so that is certainly not enough

Advertisement