Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumour :(

• 11-01-2012 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

My Bailey (nearly 3yr old Boxer) has a tumour on her face :(
    I was at the vet yesterday and he just took one look at it and said it had to come off with possible skin graft :(
    He doesn't think it's cancerous but it's going to be a dodgy operation because of where it is on her face (just to the right of her nose).

While I'm worried about that, I'm trying to think ahead as to how I can help her recover comfortably as we have a very bouncy 4 month old Boxer pup who loves to play fight with Bailey.

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can discipline the pup to leave Bailey alone? We have a crate and that's where Bailey will recover but the pup will almost definitely get vocal if she can't get to Bailey to either snuggle or play fight.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I would start getting her used to the crate now if she's not already crate trained - for my guy I fed him his meals in kongs in tne crate and shut the door so he'd get used to it. Maybe put the pups bed beside the crate and then allow supervised time together? Will she have a cone? My guy is afraid of dogs wearing cones so you may get lucky if the pup is afriad and he'll let her rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

She's well used to the crate thanks :-)

I started feeding her in it and we left the crate open for a week or two and let them venture in themselves. Bailey loves it now so I know she'll be fine.

Never thought that the pup might be afraid of the cone, knowing her personality though, she'll probably go for it!
    Will just be a stressful few days I guess.. and I just realised that she's going for her op on Friday the 13th :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭SineadMarie

Aw hope it goes ok poor baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

The cage I would say is the perfect solution.

I know it is not ideal with the new pup being so playful and adding to that a possible couple of weeks before the wound will be fully healed but it is the perfect resting space for Bailey.
    Imagine if the pup hurt her by accident trying to play, Bailey could have a nip and it would be either of their faults!!

Hope all goes well with the op

Advertisement