Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tunnel Comedy Club

Options
  • 11-01-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Thought id give this a mention. New comedy club in the Cellars bar behind the laurences. They have had one night so far but are hoping to make it a regular thing. Some great local comedians there the night I went down, was before Christmas, I forget the date. But its on again this saturday 14th. Id like to see it suceed, I love comedy gigs and its great night out, and a chance for the local lads to get seen and heard. The first night it was on the headliner was Willa White, he was on Des Bishops "Joy in the Hood" and is hillarious, hope he comes back.

The headliner this week is the guy from naked camera and Father Ted, forget his name (Ive no willy) <- you know who i mean. :D

Hope to see it last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    ...The headliner this week is the guy from naked camera and Father Ted, forget his name (Ive no willy) <- you know who i mean...

The only guy I know that was in both NC and FT was Patrick McDonnell. He's from Knockbridge, so it would be almost a home gig for him.
    The problem is that (in my opinion) Patrick McDonnell is the most chronically UN-funny person on earth.
    You couldn't pay me to go see him do stand-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I've never seen him live, but I don't think he is too funny myself. The local guys are class though. Harry mcgarry? He was there last time and is hilarious.
    Don't blame me if the acts suck! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I thought Patrick McDonnell was quite good any time i saw him. He certainly was as good as some of the more nationally known names. I will admit though his gags may only really be appreciated by locals eg one Dundalk v Drogheda towns sketch he did was on the button. Southlouth Type would have loved it;)

Whats the name or the comedian from Donore (i think) - Rooney or something, was also in Fr Ted, he was quite good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Nesta99 wrote: »
    I thought Patrick McDonnell was quite good any time i saw him. He certainly was as good as some of the more nationally known names. I will admit though his gags may only really be appreciated by locals eg one Dundalk v Drogheda towns sketch he did was on the button. Southlouth Type would have loved it;)

Whats the name or the comedian from Donore (i think) - Rooney or something, was also in Fr Ted, he was quite good too.

Joe rooney is from Dub , he lives in Duleek though . Pitty i missed that :D

This is the facebook page for it.

Tunnel comedy club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mickey mac

The only guy I know that was in both NC and FT was Patrick McDonnell. He's from Knockbridge, so it would be almost a home gig for him.
    The problem is that (in my opinion) Patrick McDonnell is the most chronically UN-funny person on earth.
    You couldn't pay me to go see him do stand-up.

Well the Patrick McDonnel from Dromiskin is very funny, I haven't seen the Knockbridge one perform comedy so I couldn't comment.

patrick-mcdonnell.jpg

^ Is that the funny or unfunny one?

[QUOTE Is that the funny or unfunny one?[/QUOTE]

That's the funny one, his father played a blinder on Quick Silver!

Well he is the one there on saturday.

(No need to quote the pic though, its feckin huge as is. :D)

I heard you the first time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Joe rooney is from Dub , he lives in Duleek though . Pitty i missed that :D

Meh Donore, Duleek, Drogheda, Dublin same difference:p

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Best of luck to the Tunnell Club and their venture. A dedicated venue for comedy in the town is a big ask, hopefully it'll be a success. Lord knows we could do with some laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Meh Donore, Duleek, Drogheda, Dublin same difference:p

Yes the sleepy hamlet of Donore is exactly like Dublin .Typical craptown comment though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

mickey mac wrote: »
    Well the Patrick McDonnel from Dromiskin is very funny, I haven't seen the Knockbridge one perform comedy so I couldn't comment.

Sorry, I meant to say Dromiskin - you'd think I'd know the difference since I grew up just a few miles from each!

Anyway, that's him in the photo.

And seriously: I know humour is a very subjective thing, but how could anyone find him funny?

mickey mac wrote: »
    I heard you the first time:D

Soz, my internets gone to sh1t. But that's a different thread. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

I think it's great that there's a comedy club / venue type place in town. Such a shame that I can't go on tomorrow night (14th - babysitting while other half goes to a 40th). Best of luck to the guys whos running this, and to everyone attending. When's the next one I wonder?

There was talk about having it a weekly thing. Not sure if it will happen though.

Advertisement