Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Bonamassa Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Literally just listening to the live in the albert hall gig right now. Absolutely incredible guitarist, makes me want to give up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Literally just listening to the live in the albert hall gig right now. Absolutely incredible guitarist, makes me want to give up...

Listening to the same gig myself at the moment. Chap is an amazing talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Finally the Liverpool FC superthread has returned to the Rock & Metal forum.

Can you smell....

What the Kess.....

....is cooking?

Nice one DrumSteve. The Bonamassa cameo in the footy forum has found a home. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ha I figured one of us was gonna do it. Hopefully we can spread the good word. Proper music, is this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Big article on the man in the current issue of Classic Rock mag, if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

blastman wrote: »
    Big article on the man in the current issue of Classic Rock mag, if anyone is interested.

Plus the free cd is a best of Bonamassa jobbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

What a phenomenal guitarist. I only heard about him in 2010 when Black Rock was released, a friend just put this song on and I was hooked. Was delighted then to discover the rest of his albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I like this chaps stuff alright. The gig in the Cork Opera House a year or so ago was pretty bitchin' alright. I have the live at the Rockpalast DVD and its a good'un also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

I've seen his royal albert hall gig on sky arts recently. He's a really good player for sure, the vocals are okay, great guitar sound though. I do think he lacks his own voice on guitar. I hear alot of Eric Johnson in his playing. He's not as good as EJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭RayCon

No denying he's a superb guitarist ... but his songs just don't do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭RayCon

blastman wrote: »

In fairness, an issue of Classic Rock Mag that doesn't mention him would be a rarer occurrence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Great musician. He has versatility and bucketloads of soul in his playing. Been meaning to get into his own stuff as his contributions to Black Country Communion were fantastic.

Advertisement