Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Jobseekers?

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm earning 144 from Jobseekers and a deduced rate of 30 from Rent Allowance. I'm 24 and I haven't been on jobseekers long enough to qualify for fuel allowance. Is there any way I can get more money from somewhere? 174 per week is really not enough to keep me going.

Thanks is advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Back to education after the summer... €188.00 p/w regardless of age once you qualify. Cant see how €174 p/w isnt enough though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Goingdeaf

It's not enough because I'm trying... TRYING to save money for a specific reason. I won't be going back to education though, I've just completed an MA, if I understand you correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

TRYING to save money
    is this a joke nobody is going to give you money to save I have friends and they cannot pay there bills and you want to save.

MAN watch the news

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sam V Smith

Goingdeaf wrote: »
    I'm earning 144 from Jobseekers and a deduced rate of 30 from Rent Allowance. I'm 24 and I haven't been on jobseekers long enough to qualify for fuel allowance. Is there any way I can get more money from somewhere? 174 per week is really not enough to keep me going.

Thanks is advance.

Except you're not earning money, you're being given money. Job seekers is not an investment fund. If you want more money to "save" - I really don't mean to be rude - you have to get a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Goingdeaf

Yes, I said 'trying'. I had a job. I had a few. I was let go. I am still a job seeker. I am still looking for work. But I obviously do have enough money to live day by day. I am trying my best to put aside maybe ten euro or so weekly so that I'll have some hope. I don't see how this is wrong? I'll end up in a ball of depression if I don't live with hope. Most people I know on jobseekers try to do this too...

Why is it wrong? I want to leave this country.

All I really want to know is if I am entitled to more money which I am not claiming. I'm only new to this system as I have been a student/worker for almost all of my life to date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement