Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal door sticking

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi

I have an internal door that's sticking, i.e when your closing the door it rubs off the door frame and doesn't shut properly(Door for Utility room).
    Any tips on how to resolve without sanding or shaving the door edge?

When I look at it closing, I see that it's getting caught near the top, but at the very top it's fine. almost as if the door is slightly curved. The door is hung on two hinges. I've already tightens the screws on the hinges, but it made no difference.

Thanks in advance
    pan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭massey265

If i understand you correctly you think the door is curved on its face side? not the edge? If its the face side maybe you could move the hinges out a few mm, and if its the lock side you could move the keeper out a few mm to allow the latch to close, If it the edge is rubing you could deepin the hinges a little bit but the easyest option would be give it a rub off a plane and angle it to the leading edge.

hope that helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'd sand or plane the door if it was me!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭pan

It's curved on the edge side. Last night I check with a level and the edge of the door and frame and all seems true, but maybe my level is not long enough to catch the curve!!
    I think I'll take a bit of wood from the top hinge(deepin the hinge) first at the weekend.
    thanks for advise.

Advertisement