Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for Google

Options
  • 11-01-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Does anyone know if there's a facility for people to sell ideas to Google?

I know if you're a Google employee they reward you if you come up with an idea.

Just wondering if there's a way to go about it if you're not a Google employee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Does anyone know if there's a facility for people to sell ideas to Google?

I know if you're a Google employee they reward you if you come up with an idea.

Just wondering if there's a way to go about it if you're not a Google employee?

Not sure about that now, but if you were to develop a start-up which is of interest to Google, they could well snap you up! They do that all the time.

Having just an idea is another matter..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 freddzeppelin

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Not sure about that now, but if you were to develop a start-up which is of interest to Google, they could well snap you up! They do that all the time.

Having just an idea is another matter..

Cheers Chet Zar. It's more of idea for an app that would work with Google platforms.

Problem is with starting to develop the app myself is that I don't have the cash!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

There's app companies out there who will develop it for you if they believe in the idea. Don't expect to make much though as they are the ones taking the risk here and will so be expecting to be compensated at a high % should it become successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I'd say take a stab at building it yourself first.

Google won't pay anything for an idea, but they might pay something for a product, and for that you need to have it made. Do you think there's any unique IP about it that could be protected?

There's no need for you to do all the coding, just bring together the people you think you need, starting with tech & finance. Not sure how much of coder you are, would this help you?
    http://codeacademy.org/

Can you find 2 people that believe enough in you and the idea to commit to building it with you for 6 months, and that will sign an NDA/non-compete?

Advertisement