Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

So he was fired for having an opinion, he was forced out by a mob essentially. Real progressive.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

IQ is not about knowing the languages, its about thinking and finding solution to a problem. If you did not knew language, you find infornation or people who do.

That's not always practical. They stopped someone, asked them their name and the person says or points to "Prava Jazdu" on their license. The Garda in question takes them at their word and puts the information into PULSE when they get back to the station. Up until this point, a lot of Gardai might not have seen many if any licenses in a foreign language. It's an easy enough mistake to happen and not a sign of low intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's not always practical. They stopped someone, asked them their name and the person says or points to "Prava Jazdu" on their license. The Garda in question takes them at their word and puts the information into PULSE when they get back to the station. Up until this point, a lot of Gardai might not have seen many if any licenses in a foreign language. It's an easy enough mistake to happen and not a sign of low intelligence.

Thats the point, so called third world low IQ peasant did a really stupid fast one on officer of law, which supposed to be higher IQ, because he is from western europe.

There are equal amount of smart people and dumbasses everywhere. The whole statement that people from third world have lower IQs is ****ing stupid. Western world has easier access to education, but even then I would argue about its quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thats the point, so called third world low IQ peasant did a really stupid fast one on officer of law, which supposed to be higher IQ, because he is from western europe.

There are equal amount of smart people and dumbasses everywhere. The whole statement that people from third world have lower IQs is ****ing stupid. Western world has easier access to education, but even then I would argue about its quality.

Poland's average has 7 points on Ireland.

and Poland is a 3rd world country?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    Poland's average has 7 points on Ireland.

and Poland is a 3rd world country?

Well, thats the question what you call third world country these days. I was born in Lithuania, and pretty much all my life it was referred to me that I came from third world country. All eastern Europe is seen as third world country.

• Advertisement

Well, thats the question what you call third world country these days. I was born in Lithuania, and pretty much all my life it was referred to me that I came from third world country. All eastern Europe is seen as third world country.

Don't think most would consider Lithuania third world, and it's average is sitting at 91 compared to Ireland's 92 and Poland's 99. Eastern Europe is poor compared to Western but you've to go far below that to generations of famine and absolute poverty to get to the state of most of Sub Saharan Africa where they sit at 70s or below.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You don't actually have a point, you have a chip. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What need does a banana farmer in Equatorial Guinea have for the sort of abstract reasoning measured in an IQ test? It's not really that farmer's fault that he performs poorly in an IQ test but a refection of the society he lives in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dead Rising wasn't lighting the world on fire anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Really? Looking at pictures of polish licences online and comparing to irish licences and it's pretty clear to me that "Prava Jazdu" is not part of the drivers details. It's either in the corner in a different colour to the drivers details, or it's at least above them, emboldened and not numbered. Even in the old Irish paper licences, every driver detail is number seperately (1. First Name, 2. Surname etc.), it shouldn't take a genius to figure out were the name is on a foreign licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You know this is a gaming news thread, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's insane

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dead Rising wasn't lighting the world on fire anymore.

I bought the last one played 10 minutes on PC and none since, shocked that its a an actual game that people buy and play.

Would refund but g2play .....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's insane

I am was really looking forward to a non fantasy rpg but with review copies sent out KCD might be brutal at launch with or without out that patch :(

No idea how long the game is, but who ever thought it was a good idea to put trophies / achievements like that in an RPG is a dick. Require multiple plays and railroad you into playing a certain way. The worst kind for an rpg.

I know many don't care about them and I'd not usually complain but it's a pet hate of mine when rpgs do that.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I am was really looking forward to a non fantasy rpg but with review copies sent out KCD might be brutal at launch with or without out that patch :(

I played an alpha build last year, it was early on in the game. It was very amateurish. Almost like an Elder Scrolls fan mod with horrible controls.

I'm hoping it's been fixed up though, I'd love it to be good.

I see the developer of KCD is getting death threats now because there are no black people in the game. This nonsense is getting out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I see the developer of KCD is getting death threats now because there are no black people in the game. This nonsense is getting out of control.

Does that constitute what Polygon et al call "targeted harrasement"? :confused:

I can't really see some west coast american with purple hair trekking out to bohemia on an assasination mission

• Advertisement

What?

Medieval Poland or wherever wasn't a glorious multi cultural utopia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

What?

Sometimes you forget how much stupid people that are in this world of ours
    Then bam, they come out in full retard

What?

Exactly. He said there was no reason to include them since they weren't there. Arthur Gies (ex Polygon) who in my opinion is a complete gimp, tried the same crap with the Witcher 3, he couldn't give it a higher score because the characters weren't diverse enough. The developers called him out and he looked like a tool. He also calls his girlfriend his "life partner" in case he offends women by saying girlfriend.

Exactly. He said there was no reason to include them since they weren't there. Arthur Gies (ex Polygon) who in my opinion is a complete gimp, tried the same crap with the Witcher 3, he couldn't give it a higher score because the characters weren't diverse enough. The developers called him out and he looked like a tool. He also calls his girlfriend his "life partner" in case he offends women by saying girlfriend.

Can't stand him, so full of self rigorousness.

Had a good laugh over his doom review, where he got so much facts wrong and then the video of him playing it which looked like a blind man was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Arthur Gies (ex Polygon) who in my opinion is a complete gimp, tried the same crap with the Witcher 3, he couldn't give it a higher score because the characters weren't diverse enough.

I remember that. Good on CDPR because whenever studios are forced or are brainwashed by enough diversity propaganda all we end up with is fugly and embarrassingly stereotypical quota filling.

OAG's weekly recap

Anno 2070 players are unable to play the game for two days due to server issues
    For Honor Getting Dedicated Servers for PC on February 19, Consoles Soon After

Mr Glasgow's latest video is about the attacks on Atari founder Nolan Bushnell.

And AdoredTV's latest shows how AMD & Nvidia haven't changed

Can't stand him, so full of self rigorousness.

Had a good laugh over his doom review, where he got so much facts wrong and then the video of him playing it which looked like a blind man was playing.

I'm sure he thought the main character was a mysoginist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

From last May (image is huge due to tiny text). Some guy trying to stir up **** with the head of Warhorse, gets schooled.

https://imgur.com/rwsn3Ge

Oh but but but the controller wasnt calibrated correctly (one of the reasons given for that hilarious footage)....ah **** it, lets all watch it again!!

I don't know about you, but if I'm playing a game and the controller feels off, the first thing I'm going to do is go to the settings and see what's wrong.

I don't know about you, but if I'm playing a game and the controller feels off, the first thing I'm going to do is go to the settings and see what's wrong.

Was he playing it on a PC with a controller ? That would be icing on a very sweet cake :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think so, I played Doom on steam with a controller and there was never an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement