Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Kiith wrote: »

HL3 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Super Bunnyhop released a somewhat related video on age-based games rating systems across the world.

He alludes to what appears to be a common trend across the various systems, in that each country or region has it's own particular taboo. In America, sex, nudity, and general promiscuity is viewed as pure evil, and that's what tends to warrant equally harsh/harsher ratings than even some ultra-violent video games.

That sorta contradicts the discussion at hand now, but it also contradicts logical thought to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Kiith wrote: »

as much as VR needs some big titles I find it very hard to get excited about valve games anymore, they have a game template for making money off multiplayer and they stick to it.

I don't think they could still make a single player game that would interest me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

i-rNSwX5g-2100x20000.jpg

Penny Arcade have a good comic on the whole Trump meeting today :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bambi wrote: »
    as much as VR needs some big titles I find it very hard to get excited about valve games anymore, they have a game template for making money off multiplayer and they stick to it.

I don't think they could still make a single player game that would interest me

What I was to say the words 'Half Life 3'? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What I was to say the words 'Half Life 3'? :pac:

That ship has sailed man, Marc Laidlaw and Chet Failzezezkek both long gone from Valve now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

First half of 2018 to 2019.

Was there not also another Sony 2018 delayed.

Can't say I'm too upset. Getting the feeling lately that the whole zombie thing is getting tired and repetitive.

Backlog is long enough anyway. Just bought Colossus and have Last Guardian still in shrink wrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ffs

I was looking forward to that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Not surprised to be honest. Probably would have gotten overlooked due to the other big exclusives.

I guess that means we will get Spidey out in the 2nd half of the year as Sony's big exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Wasn't sold on that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Days Gone delayed til 2019

Surprised as it'll be closer to the Last of Us 2 then & that will be a bleak comparison for Bend. Still God of War & Spiderman to play this year & I'm still in 2016 regarding my backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

GameFront returned today after being closed for the last two years, every file has been restored as well, used to be very handy to find patches for old games.

Delayed? I doubt there were any serious intentions to release it any sooner. They'll milk it for another E3 and add it to the list of exclusives for 2019 even though it was already included in the list of exclusives for 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Guns, guns, guns, bleh...

Bluepoint Games are doing a new remake, a much bigger project than SotC apparently.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-bluepoints-next-game-is-another-remake

Place your bets; Demon's Souls? MGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Guns, guns, guns, bleh...

Bluepoint Games are doing a new remake, a much bigger project than SotC apparently.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-bluepoints-next-game-is-another-remake

Place your bets; Demon's Souls? MGS?

Maybe ICO? Or is that too close to SOTC to be viable. RDR is probably one of the most viable for a remaster but with RDR2 coming so soon that seems highly unlikely unless its release window it's significantly down the line.

Very interesting though and given how wonderful SOTC remaster is, I'm provisionally excited

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Blizzard is still banning and fining people for using social media in ways they don't like. Using an Emoji can now cost you money, hurt your e-sports career or get you locked out of a game you purchased.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/973031609933873152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blizzard is still banning and fining people for using social media in ways they don't like. Using an Emoji can now cost you money, hurt your e-sports career or get you locked out of a game you purchased.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/973031609933873152

Are you referring to the emoji used by XQC? In fairness that emoji has been used quite negatively in relation to coloured streamers.

Chat would be spammed with it in a very negative way

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's no different than how a professional soccer player would be treated.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It extends to customers. They were banning people for playing the same character too much at one point.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are you referring to the emoji used by XQC? In fairness that emoji has been used quite negatively in relation to coloured streamers.
    Chat would be spammed with it in a very negative way
    And I've see it being used for totally unrelated reasons. What I don't think anybody wants is Billzard being the judge, jury and exectutioner on what emojis are ok to use, outside the platform of their game no less. They could ban you for using practically any emoji since I've seen all of them used in negative ways one time or another. They also don't list emoji's you can/can't use in their TOS on their games, so it's completely up to how they're feeling at the time. Insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

They should strip out all that emoji and copypasta crap out of twitch / mixer chat anyway. turning off chat is my number one priority any time i start watching a stream. for the most part its nothing but a stream of mental diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It extends to customers. They were banning people for playing the same character too much at one point.

Did they? Hardly the case of XUL the Torb main who threw games if anyone else picked Torb, or if Torb wasn't working.

Said Fuey500 by mistake first time round, he is a Torb main who received an automated ban for picking Torb a lot of the time, it was reversed.
    And I've see it being used for totally unrelated reasons. What I don't think anybody wants is Billzard being the judge, jury and exectutioner on what emojis are ok to use, outside the platform of their game no less. They could ban you for using practically any emoji since I've seen all of them used in negative ways one time or another. They also don't list emoji's you can/can't use in their TOS on their games, so it's completely up to how they're feeling at the time. Insanity.

I understand banning and fining xQc, Seagull and the rest of the OWL players but it's a joke to hit anyone who isn't a pro for it. I reckon it's a matter of time before xQc earns himself a permanent suspension from the League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I won't claim to know the distinct ins and outs of this story (just skimmed the one linked above) but sports fans get lengthy and even lifetime bans from their favourite teams' stadiums all the time for wearing offensive stuff, making offensive statements, etc.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I won't claim to know the distinct ins and outs of this story (just skimmed the one linked above) but sports fans get lengthy and even lifetime bans from their favourite teams' stadiums all the time for wearing offensive stuff, making offensive statements, etc.

They don't get banned from playing football in their own home or have their football burst by the manufacturer for speaking in ways they don't approve of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've moved all the gun control posts to the other thread. Lets keep this thread clear of anything that isn't gaming news.

Apologies if i moved a non-gun post...there were a lot of them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057850163

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They don't get banned from playing football in their own home or have their football burst by the manufacturer for speaking in ways they don't approve of.

If the club or FA owned all the stadiums and all the footballs they would, which would be a more comparable situation to overwatch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

They don't get banned from playing football in their own home.
    Being banned from playing a game by those who created it and own the copyrights etc to, is closer to being banned from a stadium than being banned from an entire sport. There are still plenty of other similar games in that same genre, just as there are still plenty of other similar teams in that same sport.

Are these bans also stopping people from watching streams of the game, and gameplay videos etc of it on youtube?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement