Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yay! New Commandos! From PCGamesN;

So there'll be new Commandos titles across the main platforms, as well as remasters of the older games. Nice. Long time off though.

jesus, I'm having a ptsd flashback to the original pc game. it was ba$tard hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

jesus, I'm having a ptsd flashback to the original pc game. it was ba$tard hard.
    That sinking feeling you had when, at the start of the mission, you panned around the level to see just how large the level was. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

gizmo wrote: »
    That sinking feeling you had when, at the start of the mission, you panned around the level to see just how large the level was. :o

And then you lined all you boys up at their various points and it bluescreened your PC just as you kicked off your plan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actually like first Desperado a lot more for some reason.

Comando on the other hand was definition of pc gaming to me when I was a kid.

The holy trio: Comando, C&C and Heroes 3.

I actually like first Desperado a lot more for some reason.

Comando on the other hand was definition of pc gaming to me when I was a kid.

The holy trio: Comando, C&C and Heroes 3.
    Desperados was really enjoyable alright, I definitely preferred Commandos myself but it was the only alternative to that series until (as far as I'm aware) the more recently released Shadow Tactics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »
    see post 4049

You mean my post, yeah?

yes! it is so pretty

Thanks, I worked on it for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,038 ✭✭✭Doge

"TENCENT AIMING TO LAUNCH A STEAM COMPETITOR WORLDWIDE" (Game Watcher)

These guys have clout... will be interesting to see if this is just a counter to Valve's announcement that they're launching a Chinese version of Steam, or if their long term ambition goes beyond that.

"It's new new internet"

maxresdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Colonial Marines AI is fixed by changing a typo in an ini file

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aliens-colonial-marines-ai-fixed-by-a-single-letter.55247/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Retr0gamer wrote: »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aliens-colonial-marines-ai-fixed-by-a-single-letter.55247/
    What!?

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gearbox execs read Retro's post, Aliens: Colonial Marines Enhanced Edition announced.

• Mickeroo wrote: »
    Gearbox execs read Retro's post, Aliens: Colonial Marines Enhanced Edition announced.

Lol

With Randy Pitchford in charge nothing would surprise me

A 400+ post thread chock full of people ****ting on the devs while displaying a mind bogglingly woeful understanding of how games are made. Fantastic.

The fix is interesting though, mildly tempted to load up the Stasis Interrupted DLC (not the main game though, never again the main game) to see the difference it makes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stuff like this happens to the best of us. Firaxis had the same problem with Civ 6, they misspelled yield in the one of the files, so every yield focused Civ was hobbled.

Yield spelt as Yeild.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

A 400+ post thread chock full of people ****ting on the devs while displaying a mind bogglingly woeful understanding of how games are made. Fantastic.

The fix is interesting though, mildly tempted to load up the Stasis Interrupted DLC (not the main game though, never again the main game) to see the difference it makes.

So you've got the gist of all resetera threads.

If NeoGAF was a dog, resetera would be the vomit it decided it was better off not eating.

(not the main game though, never again the main game) to see the difference it makes.

I never got the hate for this game
    I saw the stupid AI vids at the time but I never experienced it
    I did hit a wall and never finished it as the single Alien I had to fight was too OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I did hit a wall and never finished it as the single Alien I had to fight was too OP

because they lied, lots.

I wouldnt be shocked if one of the devs did this deliberately because the original team working on this were kicked off to outsource the rest of development cheaply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Same as that, didn't finish it, but my God it's not that bad at all. Just an average shooter. There's far worse games than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

I cannot believe what I just read, sign of relief for them now I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Same as that, didn't finish it, but my God it's not that bad at all. Just an average shooter. There's far worse games than this.

It was always more a case of how hysterically broken it could be, and quite often would be. It was a very generic shooter when it worked, but when the bugs kicked in it was often in amazingly over-the-top ways.

Varik wrote: »
    So you've got the gist of all resetera threads.

If NeoGAF was a dog, resetera would be the vomit it decided it was better off not eating.
    It just seems to suffer from the same problem as its predecessor from what I've seen. There's a core group of high quality users that can often post interesting and, at times, insightful content but the user-base is so high that the signal-to-noise ratio can make navigating those threads an absolute chore.
    I dodged a bullet with the game in the lead up to release and eventually got around to playing it a year or two ago. By then it had benefited from stability and graphics patches and while I didn't witness any of those bizarre AI behaviors either, what I was treated to was aggressive levels of mediocrity. While that was bad enough, for me it represented a monumentally wasted opportunity, a studio got the resources to make an entry in a beloved franchise, not burdened with being a movie tie-in and ultimately squandered it for a number of, by now, fairly well documented reasons.

Where disappointment could turn to hatred, I guess, is where people bought into all of the above at launch and at full price.

Doom Eternal gameplay to be revealed next week.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1025380769508810752

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Doom Eternal gameplay to be revealed next week.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1025380769508810752

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

For some reason I foresee guns and lots of hyper-violence....BRING IT ON!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forget the garbage that was ethics in games journalism. The real issue is journalism in games journalism.

IGN found to have copied a YouTubers Dead Cell review. IGN has taken their review down as a result. Probably a contract writer making an easy buck:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement