Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Borderlands 2 VR announced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1049713708564398082?s=19

Not sure how I feel about this. It's hard to know Microsoft's approach going forward but they have been leaning a bit too close to the always online stuff lately for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS allowing you to change your username
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/10/psn-online-id-change-feature-enters-playstation-preview-program-soon/#sf199722151

Not all games (particularly older than April 2018) will support it unless patched by devs. First name change is free, €10 (€5 for PS+ members) every time after that.Full rollout expected early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've grown attached to mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    PS allowing you to change your username
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/10/psn-online-id-change-feature-enters-playstation-preview-program-soon/#sf199722151

Not all games (particularly older than April 2018) will support it unless patched by devs. First name change is free, €10 (€5 for PS+ members) every time after that.Full rollout expected early next year.

What a time to be alive :D

I am actually happy with my PSN ID though. No underscores or multiple use of the letter X in lowercase and uppercase along with abbreviation of the word "sniping".

I am actually happy with my PSN ID though. No underscores or multiple use of the letter X in lowercase and uppercase along with abbreviation of the word "sniping".

Tbf, that would be an odd way to spell WantPhilSpencersBabies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm changing mine to xX_13375n1p3z420B14ze1t_Xx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pussydestroy3r69 is already taken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pussydestroy3r69 is already taken :(

You should have tried Pu55yD357r0y3r69 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comedy gold right there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Surely you mean WantPhilSpencer'sBabies or do you actually want a load of babies that look like Phil Spencer running around the place. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/9nbrfm/cc_update_from_ea/
    Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

My name is Jim Vessella, and I’m a Producer at Electronic Arts. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of being on the production team for Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3, along with being the Lead Producer on Kane’s Wrath. During those years, some of my favorite moments were interacting with our passionate community, whether at our onsite Community Summits, on the forums, or while attending various events such as Gamescom.

As most of you may know, we recently announced Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game set in the Command & Conquer universe. Following the reveal of Rivals, we heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community also wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.

We are eager to hear your feedback to help influence our current thoughts for PC and what comes next. Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking to fans in a variety of ways. In the meantime, please share your thoughts here on the subreddit.

As a long time C&C fan and developer, I am just as passionate about the C&C franchise as you are, and look forward to hearing your thoughts as they help us shape the future of C&C at EA!

Thanks!

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

Verified by the mods on the subreddit that it's legitimate.

I'm loath to give EA any money, but it would be nice to get some sort of remaster that works properly on new machines.

Tiberian Dawn and RA1 are pretty dated control wise. They already were in 2002. A new graphics engine probably seems like a bridge too far, or a new UI, but hopefully it's not just a half-arsed a cash grab. A full-arsed cash-grab is something I can live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Meh, playing an early RTS like C&C would just be a chore these days, zero challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont think they would age well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Gbear wrote: »
    hopefully it's not just a half-arsed a cash grab. A full-arsed cash-grab is something I can live with.

It's EA, all of their games are half arsed.. ALL OF THEM! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I really hope there is something to these minor rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hopefully true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bully is the secret best Rockstar game. Only game from them I thoroughly enjoyed although the warriors comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bully is the secret best Rockstar game. Only game from them I thoroughly enjoyed although the warriors comes close.

Absolutely loved Bully. One of the few games I'd pay full price for all over again if it was remastered.

The amount of fun, wit and diversity in that game was excellent. It just nailed so many things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

On the C&C announcement, Would be happy to play TD,TS or RA1 on a new engine. I dont know how the FMV of RA1 would work out.
    8-Bit Armies, very basic and throw back to C&C days. AI is quiet good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Skerries wrote: »
    is that 8-Bit Armies any good as there is a bundle out at the moment with it?

Dont go off expecting to be blown away by it or anything, but for a fun laid back ,throw back kinda game it is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm loath to give EA any money, but it would be nice to get some sort of remaster that works properly on new machines.

Tiberian Dawn and RA1 are pretty dated control wise. They already were in 2002. A new graphics engine probably seems like a bridge too far, or a new UI, but hopefully it's not just a half-arsed a cash grab. A full-arsed cash-grab is something I can live with.

The other day when driving home I had a song playing in my car, which sounded very similar to Red Alerts Hells Marsh. It triggered so many memories of C&C games! They were amazing single player, story games. The cheese B movie cut scenes were the best part of it. Finishing mission was exciting as I was looking forward to next cheddar cut scene!
    Red Alert always had bonker time travel stories. C&C had Kane, one of the coolest bad guys ever. I still remember Nod missions in C&C 3, where Kane is dead and you ally with GDI to fight aliens, and then out of no where Kane comes to life and commands you to back stab GDI in same mission and kill them all. I actually felt ****y and did not sow that coming! Was epic!

If they want to make C&C game, they need to go all out story game with campaigns, cheesy story line, cheesy old school cut scenes. Most importantly - NOT TO CHASE E SPORTS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The other day when driving home I had a song playing in my car, which sounded very similar to Red Alerts Hells Marsh. It triggered so many memories of C&C games! They were amazing single player, story games. The cheese B movie cut scenes were the best part of it. Finishing mission was exciting as I was looking forward to next cheddar cut scene!
    Red Alert always had bonker time travel stories. C&C had Kane, one of the coolest bad guys ever. I still remember Nod missions in C&C 3, where Kane is dead and you ally with GDI to fight aliens, and then out of no where Kane comes to life and commands you to back stab GDI in same mission and kill them all. I actually felt ****y and did not sow that coming! Was epic!

If they want to make C&C game, they need to go all out story game with campaigns, cheesy story line, cheesy old school cut scenes. Most importantly - NOT TO CHASE E SPORTS!!!!!

I think C&C3 was underrated. The UI for the old games is really rudimentary when compared to what was developed for games like Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Age of Empires. It made a step forward with multiple build queues, hotkeys and so on.

I think the games have probably had their time and we'll never see a proper revival, but something that allows a trip down memory lane on modern systems is ok.

Armored Hunter Gun hound EX is getting delist ed from steam tomorrow so snap it up while you can. Looks like the developer is going bust.

It's a fantastic game with gorgeous sprite art and is a homage to the super Nintendo game Cybernator.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Too little too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno how I missed this news, Flashback 25th anniversary releasing 25th August on PS4 and Xbox. Absolutely loved this on the megadrive. I can see it's been out a few months in switch for 40 euro which seems a bit much

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/flashback-25th-anniversary-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-on-october-25

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GamesMaster and Games TM and both being shut down. Really crap news for differing reasons.

Games TM is still the best videogame magazine on the market to my mind, taking a serious but not too-stuff or overly intellectual approach to games (hello Edge). I picked it up more often than not and will really miss it.

GamesMaster was something I think most people grew out of as it's aimed at kids but I still vividly remember pouring over their review of Ranger-X on the Megadrive and that being the thing that pushed me over the edge to get a Megadrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dunno how I missed this news, Flashback 25th anniversary releasing 25th August on PS4 and Xbox. Absolutely loved this on the megadrive. I can see it's been out a few months in switch for 40 euro which seems a bit much

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/flashback-25th-anniversary-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-on-october-25

40 notes is definitely having a laugh. Its a good game, and hard as nails, (although that could be because I was barely a teenager when it came out, but realistically, surely this should be in the 10 to 20 euro bracket?

how much was 'another world' when it go rereleased a few years back?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement