Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Inquisition has a lot of busy work. The story is gated off until you do a series of fetch quests, some of which are ridiculous when you consider the context of the story. Witcher 3 is just a way better experience but if you've beaten that and want something to satiate you.... play the Divinity games as they are better than inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And unlike RopeDrink, I thought The Witcher 3 was miles better than DA:I. Granted, I didn't finish DA because I lost interest, but I recently played through The Witcher 3 again, with the DLC this time and it was still amazing. But definitely give it a go, not all games are for everyone!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DA:I isn't bad, but it feels a lot like it was created from a busywork template like a Ubisoft game. There's better Western RPGs but it's also worth giving a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I found the Witcher 3 is a good game from start to finish and DA:I takes a good while to get into. i really enjoyed the DA characters, their backstories, and the banter between your group isalso pretty cool. The combat and overall story is pretty weak though. So a bit of a mixed bag.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How does Inquisition compare to the Witcher 3? I played that and had a blast but Inquisition had been almost completely untouched at this stage.

Doesn't even deserve to be in the same sentence as Witcher 3 but it is still pretty enjoyable. I thought it was poor at first but once I started ignoring everything bar the main and companion quests it was decent enough and certainly better than DA 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Unlike me what?

NOTE: At no point in my previous post did I mention either being better than the other. The point is if one of them appealed, chances are it is worth said person trying the other. Don't assume that because I'm not replaying Witcher 3 that I think it's worse than Inquisition just because I replayed that ;) I loved them both (console-to-PC quibbles aside).

Apologies, wrong choice of words. My brain is not working correctly today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Divinity is quite frustrating at times, it really is like an old adventure game at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Wasn't there speculation a month or two ago about another Arkham game. Not that insurgency one that was "leaked" a year or two ago. I'll see if I can find anything.

Didn't take long :

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/10/04/rocksteadys-next-title-will-be-a-new-arkham-game/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,925 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I don't think I could tell you any of the games Rocksteady have made, other than the Arkham titles.

I'm more interested in what will be revealed at the Games Awards. There'll be ten new title announcements apparently, including the new Alien game. Will we see anything of the SE Avengers project, seeing as the Russos will be in attendance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Wasn't there speculation a month or two ago about another Arkham game. Not that insurgency one that was "leaked" a year or two ago. I'll see if I can find anything.

Didn't take long :

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/10/04/rocksteadys-next-title-will-be-a-new-arkham-game/amp/

I would absolutely adore this if 1) I can play with both my friends in co-op and 2) there is some sort of increasing difficulty on co-op missions to give to that replay-ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”.
    Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles.

These are the most important things the new game needs, from a design pov. The whole civilian-less city doesn't make sense time and time again. Most of Batman's work is done at night so nobody is expecting huge crowds either. Also the combat in the batmobile turns me off ever replaying Arkham Knight. I only wanted those sections to be Burnout - Batman Edition.
    I think it needs to offer a bit more variety than the last game did as the combat and stealth that was fresh in Asylum was showing its age but the stealth takedowns and dual fights where you get to control Robin briefly weren't expanding on it that well. I'd love if they dug further into the detective side of Batman and even the Bruce Wayne character, think something like where you could charm yourself into a party to find out something about the host or throw a fundraiser for a DA Harvey Dent or something.
    Clearly Rocksteady weren't in love with Origins but the detective scenes in that were a better executed idea than anything introduced in Arkham Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looking like a new batman Arkham game, maybe a justice League game centered around the Court of Owls

https://twitter.com/valvez/status/1063574569750065152?s=19

CTR looks like it's getting a remaster. Activision would be mad not to.

It's not the Mario kart beater the PS1 generation think it is, the game lacks a feeling of connection with the ground which annoys me and it has it's fair share of meh stages, but it ain't half bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,925 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Epic are launching their own online store and promises it will be far more generous to developers than Steam.
    Soon we'll launch the Epic Games store, and begin a long journey to advance the cause of all developers. The store will launch with a hand-curated set of games on PC and Mac, then it will open up more broadly to other games and to Android and other open platforms throughout 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Valve look for the same cut that Sony, MS, and Apple do.

Stuff about the engine makes sense for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The greatest kart racing game in the history of videogames might be getting a remaster/remake...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-04-looks-like-theres-a-ctr-crash-team-racing-remaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

J. Marston wrote: »
    The greatest kart racing game in the history of videogames might be getting a remaster/remake...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-04-looks-like-theres-a-ctr-crash-team-racing-remaster

Ohh controversial! Mario kart not the best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

not only are you wrong but you are second in with the news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Ohh controversial! Mario kart not the best?

Fan-made Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart wins. Windows/mac/linux, more levels than any other kart game, FOSS and online/local/splitscreen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13694&d=1542372137

inb4 Sega lawers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Garfield kart stomps the sh!t out of Mario and Crash Karts. Legendary characters not available anywhere else like Garfield, Odie, Jon, female grey cat Garfield & erm....the rest.

I've very little recollection of the original megadrive game.

I've very little recollection of the original megadrive game.

Original is weird. It's basically a rogue like before those games were a thing. Lots of fun though, especially in two player. I'd say this sticks close to the formula of the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The story in the link does not reference Diddy Kong Racing? The Frosty Village/Snowflake Mountain levels were always great to play at Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Crash Team Racing is an immediate Day 1 whatever-special-edition-exists-I'll-buy purchase for me.

Best Kart racer ever. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think we can all agree that most Mario Kart titles, despite being the progenitors, have sucked since they invented the Blue Shell.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that most Mario Kart titles, despite being the progenitors, have sucked since they invented the Blue Shell.

It's been a crappy addition but I'd still take the best of them over CTR which isn't as good as the PS1 generation will have you believe. The same generation that says Legend of Dragoon is good. CTR didn't exactly setting the review scores on fire, but it's still a very good game, unlike dragoon. It's just got the 'Dreamworks'-esque lack of charm and personality while trying to hard and the racing physics feel off.

I'd take Sega Racing Transformed over both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's been a crappy addition but I'd still take the best of them over CTR which isn't as good as the PS1 generation will have you believe. The same generation that says Legend of Dragoon is good. CTR didn't exactly setting the review scores on fire, but it's still a very good game, unlike dragoon. It's just got the 'Dreamworks'-esque lack of charm and personality while trying to hard and the racing physics feel off.

I'd take Sega Racing Transformed over both.

Nostalgia obviously plays a huge part too. I know Crash wasn't the best platformer, but I played them a lot as a kid and loved the remaster, flaws and all. Same with CTR, I played the original a lot with my cousins and I know playing the remaster will be a lot of fun, even if it's not the best karting game of its kind. But I never played any of the old Mario Kart games and a remaster of any of them wouldn't interest me at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement