Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'll be picking up the remaster if it's as good as the Crash one. Don't think the Crash platformers could even be considered going toe to toe with the best, they wouldn't even be the best on the PS1, but still work playing and the remaster was fun and a bargain to boot. If CTR is the same it will be day one as well.

Anyway saying CTR is the best kart racer, even on PS1, is nonsense when (the irish developed) Speed Freaks is way better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Arland Trilogy of Atelier games snuck on to the steam store yesterday.

You can buy them separately or as a three pack.

I've played them all but not finished Atelier Meruru yet.

Well worth playing if you want a light breezy RPG that doesn't waste your time (each is about 20 hours long).

Rorona is very good but Totori and Meruru are absolute gems and I really loved them.

Hopefully the Dusk trilogy is planned to make it to steam as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyway saying CTR is the best kart racer, even on PS1, is nonsense when (the irish developed) Speed Freaks is way better.

I genuinely thought I imagined that game for years as nobody I know had played it at the time bar me and my brothers, very much a product of its time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Speed Freaks was Irish?! I loved playing it on my PS1. What a game.

I think it was on the Toy Show one year and that was me sold! :pac:

Speed Freaks on PS4 when? :D

The Speed Freaks team is no more. They got totally dicked over by Sony who dropped supporting them for CTR and treated them like ****. Might be rumours but apparently they stole a lot of ideas from them and passed them on to the CTR team, but might just be hard feelings from the team!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

ERG89 wrote: »
    I genuinely thought I imagined that game for years as nobody I know had played it at the time bar me and my brothers, very much a product of its time.

Myself and my mates put a lot of time into that too, good old multi-tap 4 player!

Love that Jamiroquai tune too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Over five years after its original announcement trailer at E3 2013, Below, from Capybara Games, finally has a release date.

https://twitter.com/Capy_Nathan/status/1070469597738893312

With a simultaneous release on Steam too, yay!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

^^^ Been waiting literal years to play that bad boy. Between Below and Gris, next week has bizarrely become the most exciting release week of the year? Hell of a send-off for what's been one of the strongest years for indie and unusual titles in a while.

^^^ Been waiting literal years to play that bad boy. Between Below and Gris, next week has bizarrely become the most exciting release week of the year? Hell of a send-off for what's been one of the strongest years for indie and unusual titles in a while.
    Aye, I saw the trailer for Gris alright. While the game itself looks and sounds absolutely beautiful, what intrigued me most was that it's being published by Devolver Digital and, with a very small number of exceptions, it really doesn't look like something they'd generally release. I'm kinda hoping they've just stumbled across something really special with this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gizmo wrote: »
    Aye, I saw the trailer for Gris alright. While the game itself looks and sounds absolutely beautiful, what intrigued me most was that it's being published by Devolver Digital and, with a very small number of exceptions, it really doesn't look like something they'd generally release. I'm kinda hoping they've just stumbled across something really special with this one.

Yeah it's more an Annapurna type of game than a Devolver one, to use a comparison :pac:

While there's no reviews or anything yet, interesting to note it sneakily made Paste's GOTY list at number three - it's rocking up there with Obra Dinn, Florence, Celeste and Into The Breach which is very good company IMO (still haven't gotten around to Minit - must pick it up soon).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bethesda have had a real "hold my beer" year with regards to company practices and public perception.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bethesda have had a real "hold my beer" year with regards to company practices and public perception.

No pointing in even sending nominations for 'WTF were they thinking' award in this year's Boards GOTY awards. (If they are going ahead). Bethesda have that locked down.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Never mind crash team racing what about crash bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Far Cry 6(?) being revealed tomorrow. Post (Apocalyptic?) war setting it seems.

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft_UK/status/1070362167130632192

• FIFA Cry 7

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No apology in that either, like the canvas bag statement. They are a brazen shower.

I really hope fans remember this stuff when Elder Scrolls 6 rolls around, that level of piss-taking shouldn't be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

J. Marston wrote: »
    No apology in that either, like the canvas bag statement. They are a brazen shower.

I really hope fans remember this stuff when Elder Scrolls 6 rolls around, that level of piss-taking shouldn't be rewarded.

The first comment on that twitter statement made me laugh

"Is the website built on the Creation Engine as well?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

worse, Gamebryo!

oh wait, same thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They could have used all the time wasted on Fallout 76 and put some work in on ES6.

GOD DAMN IT

I guarantee right now, and will search for this post when it becomes true, that ES6 will have an auto save problem on the PS5 and the fix will be to use manual save instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

CSGO is now F2P and hopping on the Battle Royale money train
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/46584/

Edit:
    If anyone missed it, Physx goes open source
    https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/12/03/physx-high-fidelity-open-source/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dragon age (4) teaser trailer from the game awards last night

https://youtu.be/Nw3lrXlti-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I still have CTR downloaded for the PS3 and I don't care what people say, it was a really fun game. Crash Remastered was really well done and very enjoyable, so it's safe to say this will be done well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I still have CTR downloaded for the PS3 and I don't care what people say, it was a really fun game. Crash Remastered was really well done and very enjoyable, so it's safe to say this will be done well too.

It's probably worth noting though this isn't by Vicarious Visions who did the N-Sane Trilogy remaster, it's Beenox who have mostly done Spider-Man and Skylanders games.

Obviously still have high hopes for it and the work they did shows through the trailer there, but I don't know if we can use the N-Sane Trilogy remaster as a yardstick of quality for this one. Different type of game and different developer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ashen came out on Xbox today, looks pretty good, but one that changed during the last while is that it's no longer Play Anywhere. Seems like Epic came in and gave them a load of cash to release first on the Epic Games Store. Disappointing if it stays the same.

Penn wrote: »
    It's probably worth noting though this isn't by Vicarious Visions who did the N-Sane Trilogy remaster, it's Beenox who have mostly done Spider-Man and Skylanders games.

Obviously still have high hopes for it and the work they did shows through the trailer there, but I don't know if we can use the N-Sane Trilogy remaster as a yardstick of quality for this one. Different type of game and different developer.
    It'll more than likely come down to Activision more so than the Beenox in this case. The latter will have the benefit of the tech built by VV for the N-Sane Trilogy to leverage but they'll still need enough time to properly tune the racing side of things. Time means money and money isn't something Activision tend to **** a round with when it comes to spending on development time unfortunately. :o

• Advertisement

The surprise success of N-Sane trilogy might make this a high priority product and the developer has worked with Activision before and are very competent. The Skylander games are solid and well built.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement