Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

shut up, origin are evil. that's the line and we're sticking to it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Origin already do refunds on digital games. Even if you just don't like the game they give you your money back.

Really? Huh, didn't know that. I'm assuming no one actually bought Sim City in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How do you know it wont work if it hasnt been downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How do you know it wont work if it hasnt been downloaded?

2 separate things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Kiith wrote: »
    Really? Huh, didn't know that. I'm assuming no one actually bought Sim City in that case.

Its a process they released a few months ago, so those who bought sim city are stung with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Square Enix Christmas album suggests new Mana title is in development.
    Secret of Mana developer Square Enix recently released a new Christmas album that appears to have a song from an unannounced Mana title on it.

The X’mas Collections II album page includes a wealth of tracks from Square’s IP.

There are mentions of the series’ Japanese name ‘Seiken Densetsu’ labelled ‘Future Project’ on the page. The last Mana title was the Japan-only iOS and Android game Circle of Mana.

If it is anything like Seiken Densetsu 2 & 3 you can take my money now, will probably be another crappy mobile game though.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/square-enix-christmas-album-suggests-new-mana-title-is-in-development/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No Mans Sky, that awesome looking space exploration game that we saw at VGX, may be in trouble. The Hello Games office got flooded, and they lost everything. No word yet on what was or wasn't backed up, so here's hoping they had the game data stored somewhere.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/25/joe-danger-and-no-mans-sky-devs-flooded-on-christmas-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I hope it's like that time when they lost Toy Story but fortunately someone had backed it up and brought it home to work on even though storage for something that size was expensive at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm going to take it from their cheery tweets that the data is okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not much can be done to replace the important personal stuff but hopefully their insurance will cover everything and they had back-ups. I'm really looking forward to this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »

I wonder if it over blown at this stage. He was working only on TLOU, so most likely contract is over and he said good bye.

If I remember right, another dude left due to personal issues too.

Still sad to see talented people leaving Naughty dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

calex71 wrote: »

Yeah, not sure what to make of that one

Very bizarre move, Kadokawa have not developed a good game since they remade Lunar in 1996, they are known for mediocre Anime adaptations and even their publishing arm is not strong with Steins;Gate being the only good game they have published. Its gaming sector was more of an afterthought and used to boost sales of its Newtype and Shonen Ace magazine and the various light novels they publish, Dark Souls and the usual ecchi and kid friendly type manga they pedal is a very strange mix. Although they do publish some very good manga and if they were to make a video game adaption of X, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mirai Nikki or Code Geass I would be very happy.

Telltale Games made the cover of the New York Times Art section. Very nice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/arts/video-games/a-gaming-company-devoted-to-narrative-tackles-thrones.html?_r=1

I really want that picture hanging in my house!

20140428TELLTALE-slide-STXR-jumbo.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yeah, not sure what to make of that one
    Only thing directly coming to mind would be to get access to IPs for future games / plans and/or translation resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Xenji wrote: »
    Very bizarre move, Kadokawa have not developed a good game since they remade Lunar in 1996, they are known for mediocre Anime adaptations and even their publishing arm is not strong with Steins;Gate being the only good game they have published. Its gaming sector was more of an afterthought and used to boost sales of its Newtype and Shonen Ace magazine and the various light novels they publish, Dark Souls and the usual ecchi and kid friendly type manga they pedal is a very strange mix. Although they do publish some very good manga and if they were to make a video game adaption of X, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mirai Nikki or Code Geass I would be very happy.
    They've published Lollipop Chainsaw internationally and Killer is Dead in Japan since then. Both games had their problems but I'll happily support any publisher that would fund titles such as these or others from Suda51. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    They've published Lollipop Chainsaw internationally and Killer is Dead in Japan since then. Both games had their problems but I'll happily support any publisher that would fund titles such as these or others from Suda51. :)

I liked the ideas behind both games, but not the execution unfortunately, still have hope for Lily Bergamo, I think it is being published by GungHo who did the Ragnarok games after purchasing Grasshopper Manufacture.

Shyte lads, the guy who stabbed his teacher in the UK was obsessed with dark souls!! He also listened to heavy metal :eek:

I would link to the Daily Mail article but don't want them getting more views than they have to.

• Advertisement

Shyte lads, the guy who stabbed his teacher in the UK was obsessed with dark souls!! He also listened to heavy metal :eek:

I would link to the Daily Mail article but don't want them getting more views than they have to.

Not the first time Dark Souls has been dragged into a killing, earlier this year Fox News was reporting that the Craigslist Killer Miranda Barbour was obsessed with the game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I can think of many groups of people down through the ages who killed thousands because were obsessed with one book.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I can think of many groups of people down through the ages who killed thousands because were obsessed with one book.

CURSE YOU PADDINGTON BEAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Some interesting news about a possible re-release of No One Lives Forever: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/02/no-one-lives-forever-trademark-filing-hints-at-possible-re-release/

It's reported that the company behind the System Shock 2 re-release have been sniffing around the No One Lives Forever trademark. It's too early and I'm too sober to understand the full details, but from the article, they'll also need the copyright if they're going going to do anything with the franchise. But at any rate, it's promising that such an awesome pair of games (the third was crap), may get to see the light of day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

humanji wrote: »
    Some interesting news about a possible re-release of No One Lives Forever: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/02/no-one-lives-forever-trademark-filing-hints-at-possible-re-release/

It's reported that the company behind the System Shock 2 re-release have been sniffing around the No One Lives Forever trademark. It's too early and I'm too sober to understand the full details, but from the article, they'll also need the copyright if they're going going to do anything with the franchise. But at any rate, it's promising that such an awesome pair of games (the third was crap), may get to see the light of day again.

Mission failed: Unacceptable simian casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Pac1Man wrote: »

The Necronomicon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Harmonix have the begging bowl out revive Amplitude

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/5/5682816/amplitude-kickstarter-harmonix-interview

PS3+4 only and they want 775k to fund it? I know they are far from being a giant of a studio, and I would be a fan of how they have done things in the past but this seems cheeky to me well that and the fact I don't a sony console and would sorely love to play an updated version of this game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Harmonix have the begging bowl out revive Amplitude

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/5/5682816/amplitude-kickstarter-harmonix-interview

PS3+4 only and they want 775k to fund it? I know they are far from being a giant of a studio, and I would be a fan of how they have done things in the past but this seems cheeky to me well that and the fact I don't a sony console and would sorely love to play an updated version of this game :(
    at less than 100k halfway through their kickstarter, it might not happen anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

sarumite wrote: »
    at less than 100k halfway through their kickstarter, it might not happen anyway

It was only announced today, I'd say give it some time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Raiden 4 now lives on my PS3 and it rocks.
    That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement