Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

Kids are at a virtual Marshmello concert in Fortnite...now I've seen it all!

Skerries wrote: »
    prepare for Titan fail
    Why so? This sounds epic to me (ha I said Epic :-)). Titanfall is the multiplayer game of generation imo. If they use the same mapping style and mechanics then its a winner chicken dinner (ha I said chicken dinner) Titans or no Titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah I'm absolutely on board anything new from Respawn set in the Titanfall universe. Free to play means that I can try it Rick free and hopefully it'll will boost interest in the series and help us get a proper Titanfall 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good news - A new Tony Hawk game just released!
    Bad news - it's a mobile game and is utter shyte.

Where tf is Skate 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hitman 2 removes Denuvo.
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/01/hitman-2-removes-denuvo-drm/76074/
    All they need to do now is re-support linux.

I checked Yakuza Kiwami and it doesn't list Denuvo on store page or get hit with the Enhanced Steam warning, either. The Denuvo informational curator still lists it, but it could be lagging behind. I'm glad SEGA is removing malware.

Epic might get a review system:
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/02/01/optional-user-review-feature-planned-for-the-epic-games-store/

It needs one, although I'm still unlikely to support yet another a windows-only DRM bloatware. Stalker recently did a bait and switch with them, too. Their previous games had linux support too - what a fall from grace. They responded: https://steamcommunity.com/app/412020/discussions/0/1780513643852520184/#1549133314.79
    if at all all the PC players announce a boycott of the Metro, then the next metro, if it does, is definitely not on the PC
    They really don't want PC players' money it seems.

Halo Online ported maps have been leaked. Can't post link since it's probably against rules.

Fallout 76 bans people for grinding too much:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/alko1s/crafted_a_few_gamma_guns_to_learn_mods_got_banned/?utm_source=reddit-android

Gamergate being blamed for yet even more things. This time it's the 'learn to code' thing going on right now with the firing of unprofitable 'journalists':
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/02/fired-journalists-blame-gamergate-for-learn-to-code-twitter-meme/76229/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Endless entertainment from Bethesda, shame it's from reading about all the Fallout 76 fuck ups and not from the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ERG89 wrote: »

Funnily enough, one of the most popular gamemodes was the pilots only one, so this might not be too bad.
    Fired up TF2 at the weekend and found the playerbase very healthy, no probs getting attrition or frontier defense at 10:30 am on a saturday, which was actually kinda surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hopefully Titanfall can grow into something, the exclusivity didn't help for 1 and then 2 got sent out in a very full quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Teaser stream coming at 4pm today with a full reveal at 8pm, GMT in our case.

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092293184435060736

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Titanfall gunplay is pretty great IMO - this could be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

maximoose wrote: »
    Titanfall gunplay is pretty great IMO - this could be fun

Don't think there's another console shooter to touch Titanfall 2 this generation myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Stream is up, shows a very pretty screensaver, with occasional 1 or 2 second clips of action. Proper reveal is at 8pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Stream is up, shows a very pretty screensaver, with occasional 1 or 2 second clips of action. Proper reveal is at 8pm tonight.

And a couple dozen people typing !clam into chat constantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm excited to see what Respawn have been working on. Both Titanfall games are the only multiplayer shooters I've really properly gotten into in a very long time, so will definitely be trying out Apex Legends.

I'd be a bit concerned that some of the magic will be lost if it has stripped down the parkour (and removed the titans, as has been all but confirmed). What made Titanfall flow like a dream was the push-pull between the pilots and titans: frantic, agile movement vs slow, powerful brute-force. The core gunplay was also rock solid, but it was the mix of everything that made it sing. Fingers crossed this F2P one will still stand out from the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm excited to see what Respawn have been working on. Both Titanfall games are the only multiplayer shooters I've really properly gotten into in a very long time, so will definitely be trying out Apex Legends.

I'd be a bit concerned that some of the magic will be lost if it has stripped down the parkour (and removed the titans, as has been all but confirmed). What made Titanfall flow like a dream was the push-pull between the pilots and titans: frantic, agile movement vs slow, powerful brute-force. The core gunplay was also rock solid, but it was the mix of everything that made it sing. Fingers crossed this F2P one will still stand out from the pack.

Imagine 60 Titans fighting on a map :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shame there won't be Titans. I've no real interest in BR games, but a 60 player one with some Titans could have been a lot of fun.

It's still got some of the bet gunplay in any game though, which should keep people happy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I dunno would titans work in a BR game, how are you supposed to lie prone in a bath for 15 minutes holding a shotgun if you're in a titan? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,925 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They're also working on that Star Wars game, which I've been telling myself will be pants... It's the hope that kills you.

In other news; it's been known for a while given the recent job listings on their site, but CA have confirmed they're working on a new FPS IP. And Neill Blomkamp happened to be there when they confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/1092450321199071232

Here's hoping they can build on the success of Isolation, which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I dunno would titans work in a BR game, how are you supposed to lie prone in a bath for 15 minutes holding a shotgun if you're in a titan? :confused:

I would have thought it'd make for a really interesting twist, deciding when and where to call your titan, making you powerful but also making you a big target.

Do you stand outside, vulnerable, to wait for your titan to drop, or hide nearby but run the risk of another player rushing in and grabbing your titan

Do you use it early in the match and try to take out everyone in the area so you can loot everything in one spot or hold on to it til the end for the last few players to slug it out

but nah, just make it exactly the same as every other one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I can't see another Titanfall coming. They are practically giving those games away now.

• Advertisement

I can't see another Titanfall coming. They are practically giving those games away now.
    Interesting bit of info in Jason Schreier's article on Apex Legends...
    Here’s another interesting tidbit: As I was reporting on EA’s purchase of Titanfall developer Respawn in the fall of 2017—a move that was forced by a Nexon bid for the studio and may have been directly connected to the closure of Visceral—I heard from a Respawn source that Titanfall 3 was well into development and that the studio had been looking to release it by the end of 2018. The rationale, that source said, was that the game’s underlying technology was starting to feel dated and that Titanfall 3 might not feel or look as good if it came out too much later. (Like the previous two Titanfall games, Titanfall 3 used a modified version of Valve’s Source engine.)

Perhaps the studio decided to switch engines for Titanfall 3, releasing Apex Legends (which is also reportedly on Source) as a stopgap as it pushed back the release of a proper third Titanfall game. Or perhaps the work Respawn had done for Titanfall 3 wound up evolving into this spinoff game. No matter what, the third Titanfall appears to be way down the road.

Move Titanfall 3 to Frostbite and use the work done on TF3 thus far for Apex Legends to strike the Battle Royale iron while it's still, well not hot, but smouldering at least maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd love to freeze my self and thaw out when this ****ing battle royale fad dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'd love to freeze my self and thaw out when this ****ing battle royale fad dies.
    Or when Bannerlord comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Apex Legends is available to download now. On PSN, it’s only on the web store at the moment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Apex Legends is available to download now. On PSN, it’s only on the web store at the moment

Or the free to play section on the main console store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Or the free to play section on the main console store :)

I tried search bar and it never showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, wouldn't show up for me in search so figured it wasn't in any menu, downloaded it from the web store. If you check add one's, there is a free pack for PS plus users to go along with it.

Yeah same here, but it was at the top of the dedicated free to play section on the console store.

Looks like that's a hard nope on Titanfall 3...

"The world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making."
    "We're doing a free to play game, with essentially loot boxes, after we were bought by EA, and it's not Titanfall 3. It's the perfect recipe for a marketing plan to go awry, so why have that - let's just ship the game and let players play."
    That did give me a chuckle though. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm ****e without the NPC cannon fodder grunts. They made me feel like a pro in Titanfall :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement