Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

At least steam tells you its a crappy game.

Also if they are not playing them what are they judging good on? Steam preorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

gizmo wrote: »
    Generally speaking, Tim Sweeney also did an interview with PC Gamer where he basically outlined the approach they're taking with regards the games they'll be selling, essentially, they're taking a curated approach that some people are more in favour of.

The Epic Store won't accept 'crappy games,' says Tim Sweeney

I find that pretty funny given a few years ago (before unity) most of the garbage on Steam that upsets people that didn't want to buy them anyway were made with their engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Listen folks: no matter what launcher - Steam or Epic or elsewhere - the Quantic Dream games are awful ****e.

I quite like them actually

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Skerries wrote: »

Have only played Heavy Rain, but "good idea very badly executed" was my takeaway from it. Detroit is meant to be better but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Generally speaking, Tim Sweeney also did an interview with PC Gamer where he basically outlined the approach they're taking with regards the games they'll be selling, essentially, they're taking a curated approach that some people are more in favour of.

The Epic Store won't accept 'crappy games,' says Tim Sweeney

They won't accept crappy games but Beyond Two Souls is coming to the platform as an exclusive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They won't accept crappy games but Beyond Two Souls is coming to the platform as an exclusive?
    Over three hours I was waiting for that... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Over three hours I was waiting for that... :pac:

I'm getting slow in my old age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Skerries wrote: »

I've only played Indigo Prophecy (seems like the best) & Heavy Rain. They're sort of the MST3K content of games for me. They're halirious to play with friends or livestream and the jokes live on for a long time. The whole "JASOOOON" meme is still around.

In news

Games journalist Brad Glasgow given a twitter slap for using #LearnToCode

https://twitter.com/game_objective/status/1108578234558500864

Beyond Two Souls is actually a lot of fun in coop, as long as you have a friend who is in on the joke and you are both pretty drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1109062526971637760

Doing this makes so much sense I think Microsoft will be doing the same by 2020

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ERG89 wrote: »

PSVR is front and center there and rightly so. They are clearly fully behind it now thank God.

I'd be interested to see how much support they give PSVR. It's kind of the Mega CD of this generation. Honestly thought it would be dropped by now going on Sony's past form but think third party support it keeping it going and astrobot shows they still care for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,926 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How does this differ from Inside Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

We don't have Xbox's so don't know about it?

Same as Retro, I thought PSVR would have died out given Sonys track record, but very happy to still be getting great use out of it. But as you said Retro, it's the 3rd party support that's keeping it alive. AstroBot is to PSVR as Mario is to Nintendo, and I think they will get good milage out of that series. Beat Saber is the must have game for VR imo, and luckily Beat Games are supporting it well. Superhot shows potential and is great fun. And we have the upcoming London Heist full game, so I reckon it will be around for a while.

Will try to tune in to that and see what's in store, but I'm hoping there's a new Move controller, like the one on the PS3 with a thumbstick, will make moving in games a lot easier and more immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It doesn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They'll probably focus more on Playstation stuff I imagine.

I'd hope they looked at what works on Directs
    Less talking, keep it shorter by focusing on quick transitions between content shown rather than unnatural talks with developers & hosts.
    That's why the Directs work they fly by watching them, most of the time anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It'll feature some games you'll actually want to play?

It'll feature some games you'll actually want to play?

So MS will copy the Show format, by having better games but the same show format?

Or was it a baseless snipe at MS, saying that they are going to copy sony by doing something they started doing a year ago.

I'd hope they looked at what works on Directs
    Less talking, keep it shorter by focusing on quick transitions between content shown rather than unnatural talks with developers & hosts.
    That's why the Directs work they fly by watching them, most of the time anyway.
    But you don't know what Sony is going to do, so how can you say MS are going to copy them (by changing Inside Xbox?) to a format copied from Nintendo?

• Advertisement

So MS will copy the Show format, by having better games but the same show format?

Or was it a baseless snipe at MS, saying that they are going to copy sony by doing something they started doing a year ago.

Baseless snipe? Your getting yourself in a twist to try turn this into frivolous console war thing.
    What I'm saying is Directs are more digestible than what others put out so I do expect both to look at that and try do their own.
    But you don't know what Sony is going to do, so how can you say MS are going to copy them (by changing Inside Xbox?) to a format copied from Nintendo?

Hence why I said I'd hope Sony look at more at what Nintendo do and less on stuff like they did at PlayStation Experience which like Inside Xbox is drawn out and boring for most people. Saves money and cuts out a lot of unnecessary hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Baseless snipes? Arrah, I was just joking about about how the Sony one would have games you'd want to play... I didn't think you'd take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Baseless snipe? Your getting yourself in a twist to try turn this into frivolous console war thing.

I think Mitch has PS and Xbox so I doubt he cares really about console wars crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This music, this BLOODY music always gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Vicxas wrote: »
    This music, this BLOODY music always gets me.

That has got to be the worst trailer i have seen in a long time.. It just shows random cut scenes from the game with no effort to make anything coherent out of it :confused:

Why are they hiding all other aspects of the game? how it actually looks? the gameplay? combat? lol wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

nix wrote: »
    That has got to be the worst trailer i have seen in a long time.. It just shows random cut scenes from the game with no effort to make anything coherent out of it :confused:

Why are they hiding all other aspects of the game? how it actually looks? the gameplay? combat? lol wtf
    I was scrolling down to say that. "Return To The Beginning of The Original" and the sh1tty video makes that look like some fan made crap, original what?

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »

Because it's over twenty years old and anyone that isn't a hermit knows that already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement