Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have to ask. Who owns the rights to Timesplitters? Crytek or EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Have to ask. Who owns the rights to Timesplitters? Crytek or EA?
    Crytek. EA have only ever published Crytek games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's been at least a whole month since someone bastardised a beloved franchise from my youth. Maybe someone could give us a snap-to-cover Timesplitters 4?

C'mon Nintendo, that's a great company to purchase, mainly for Timesplitters.

(Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo are monitoring our posts)

We're a lot of the guys from Rare who did Golden Eye and Perfect Dark on the Timesplitters team and hence why it was so similar? (and good)

• Advertisement

As far as I know, yeah.

From Wikipedia
    Initially, most of Free Radical Design's employees previously worked for the game developer Rare. While at Rare, they (David Doak, Steve Ellis, Karl Hilton, Graeme Norgate and Lee Ray) worked on the Nintendo 64 first-person shooters GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark. From late 1998 to early 1999, this team left Rare to form Free Radical Design

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There is a team of developers working on a Timesplitters HD collection. It's definitely coming to PC and they mentioned they were hopeful on consoles.

I'm actually not sure if Wii U was included on that.

Well they'll need to make sure to remove local-co-op or multiplayer... god forbid 2 people ever have fun in the same room on the same console ever again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cormac... wrote: »
    ... god forbid 2 people ever have fun in the same room on the same console ever again ;)

Or 4......imagine that 4. The times we lived in........

I actually had 2 mates over for games night last Friday, one of which lives a few doors down. We couldn't find a decent 4 player game to save our lives... it was painful... ended up throwing on the SNES and playing Rock and Roll racing... I regret nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cormac... wrote: »
    I actually had 2 mates over for games night last Friday, one of which lives a few doors down. We couldn't find a decent 4 player game to save our lives... it was painful... ended up throwing on the SNES and playing Rock and Roll racing... I regret nothing.

Oh how I love that game and Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xenji wrote: »
    Oh how I love that game and Micro Machines Turbo Tournament 96.

Class stuff man, I remember 4 people controlling the cars using only 2 joypads. You'd be hoping the other fella you're sharing the pad with wasn't one of those types that swings it all over the place! Rock & Roll racing was so brilliant! DAT SOUNDTRACK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cliffy B, the creator of Gears of War series, is returning back to games development, announcement in the next week on what he is working on and with whom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Class stuff man, I remember 4 people controlling the cars using only 2 joypads. You'd be hoping the other fella you're sharing the pad with wasn't one of those types that swings it all over the place! Rock & Roll racing was so brilliant! DAT SOUNDTRACK
    Or getting your friends to bring their controllers and the magic that was plugging the controllers straight into the cartridge :eek: They were simpler times.

My sister and I used to actually play with all four controllers and have to control two cars each. It was mayhem but brilliant.

Benzino wrote: »
    Cliffy B, the creator of Gears of War series, is returning back to games development, announcement in the next week on what he is working on and with whom.
    He's strongly hinted that it'll be a PC-based arena shooter. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against UT4 given the development path they're taking if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

gizmo wrote: »
    He's strongly hinted that it'll be a PC-based arena shooter. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against UT4 given the development path they're taking if that's the case.

i wonder how grey itll be

folan wrote: »
    i wonder how grey itll be

I lol'd :pac:

*provides link to Wii U with Splatoon game bundle*

Speaking of...

Cliff Bleszinski's Next Game Is A Free-To-Play Shooter

Announced the same day as Epic show off Fortnite? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Reap your heart out! We're pleased to announce Grim Fandango will also be available on PC, Mac, and Linux alongside PlayStation 4 and Vita!

https://twitter.com/DoubleFine/status/486918031533035520 :D

Neversoft is no more :( Merged with Infinity Ward. Wonder will we ever see another Tony Hawks game?

BsNppqGIcAQI4db.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Neversoft is no more :( Merged with Infinity Ward. Wonder will we ever see another Tony Hawks game?

I hope not, at least not until they go back to what made the PS one/2 games great, the HD release last year wasn't great but was better than many of the recent ones. I'd sooner have a new Skate game tbh.

Edit: They did the guitar hero titles too didn't they , but think they canned those a year or so back.

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd sooner have a new Skate game tbh.

Ah Jaysus ya!! I never played Skate 3, always looking to pick it up cheap, cracking series, hopefully a next gen one is in the works.

Ah Jaysus ya!! I never played Skate 3, always looking to pick it up cheap, cracking series, hopefully a next gen one is in the works.

Let me tell you about skate 3 , I usually check the weekly sales charts for the UK they post over on XboxAchievements skate 3 has been hovering between 10-15 in the chart for the last few months, no idea who is still buying it , its 3 or 4 years old now , must have been cheap or something, still out of all the older games that could be still in the charts :confused:

It's at #18 this week http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18615-This-Week-s-UK-Top-20-Xbox-Charts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

QRdltGf.jpg

it goes for skyrim too.

Harmonix made some comment on the future of the Rock Band series. Would love to see another one.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rock-band-and-plastic-instruments-will-return-on-x/1100-6421027/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Nvidia to make PC/Android machine

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28290861

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

A new RTS from Paradox has been announced. Might have been Homeworld 3 if they had been successful in their bid for the Homeworld IP. Looks great though, and any sci-fi RTS news is good news to me.

PcGamer wrote:
    According to Paradox's press release, "Ancient Space is a single-player, real-time strategy title that puts the player in command of a fleet conducting a scientific mission on the edge of the known universe, charting what lies beyond in ‘The Black Zone.’ A rich and compelling story will guide the player as they build and upgrade their fleets and then survive overwhelming odds in deadly strategic missions." The publisher promises missions that will range in variety, from exploration to, er, stealth.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/21/ancient-space-announced-is-a-single-player-rts-published-by-paradox/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

some fairly big sci-fi actor names there, BSG's Chief Tyrol, the Doctor from Enterprise, Dizzy from starship troopers, The Shepherd from Firefly.. hell it's even got Murdock from The A-team, or Barkley/Brocoli from ST:TNG

If the gameplay as anywhere as awesome as that lineup i'll buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

The Stomping Land has been removed from sale on Steam Early Access. No one seems to know whether the project has been abandoned or if it's just changing engines.

I'm okay (ish) with early access as a concept, but there needs to be something put in place for people to get refunds where their games get pulled from market, or at the very least, include big-ass warnings that say "This game might never get finished".

Edit: I haven't actually bought it, just in case you think I'm bitter :)

• Advertisement

Sega and Gearbox class action is still rumbling on http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19180-Randy-Pitchford-Did---�Whatever-the-****-He-Liked----During-Promotion-of-Aliens--Colonial-Marines--Says-SEGA.html

This makes Pitchford look all of the A-hole he is, love borderlands but this guy turns my stomach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement