Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Not sure if it's been mentioned but a new racing game made by the original Burnout team is coming out this week;

Looks great and I'm delighted it's not open world

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Shiminay wrote: »
    I used to own a 360, the Microsoft download speeds were like dialup, so frankly, anything would be an improvement.

The whole console experience is such a fking ordeal, but Spider-Man and TLOU2 are the only reasons I got a PS4 and so far, gameplay wise, Spider-Man was absolutely worth it.

It's a great game. The combat can get repetitive, as can a lot of the side missions/activities, but the core gameplay in terms of movement and combat is still always incredibly satisfying, and the story is very well presented and performed.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but a new racing game made by the original Burnout team is coming out this week;

Looks great and I'm delighted it's not open world

Looks much closer to the earlier Burnout games alright, even down to the menus. Tempted to get it. Might wait for a sale though, even if it is only €27 (digital, XBL).

Tiny bit annoyed that they spun the crash mode into its own game ("Danger Zone"). It's included in the physical release (according to Amazon), but not the digital. Physical costs more though.
    ...delighted it's not open world...
    Dunno man, I was quite looking forward to "Burnout Battle Royale" :pac:

I've always wanted to see something like God of War or Assassin's Creed set in Celtic Ireland. There's so much scope and directions they could take it in.
    Skerries wrote: »
    Maybe make a game using the 2000AD character Sláine as that story was pure brilliant

Doubt they'd need him tbh. I'd love to see Kratos kicking the sh!t out of some Irish legends - Fionn Mac Cumhaill, Cú Chulainn, Oisín (Tír na n-Óg), Conor McGregor.

• Looks much closer to the earlier Burnout games alright, even down to the menus. Tempted to get it. Might wait for a sale though, even if it is only €27 (digital, XBL).

Tiny bit annoyed that they spun the crash mode into its own game ("Danger Zone"). It's included in the physical release (according to Amazon), but not the digital. Physical costs more though.

Dunno man, I was quite looking forward to "Burnout Battle Royale" :pac:

:D

Just to explain here, I prefer the idea of being able to jump in straight away and play a few races.
    I know longer have the luxury to waist time pricking around looking for a race in open world setting if that makes sense.
    If I'm picking it up it will be physical anyway, at least i get that trade in option when I'm done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not sure about Dangerous Driving. Their last few games have been pretty bad.

• Not sure about Dangerous Driving. Their last few games have been pretty bad.

?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Fields_Entertainment#Games_developed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just give us a new Stuntman game already.

Danger Zone games are nothing more than demos, Lethal VR isn't anything worth talking about and Dangerous Golf flat out sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lethal VR probably doesnt have much replay value but it is very very slick and a lot of fun

• Advertisement

• Like I mean, they are a dev with about 7 people. It's an indie title. Why are some expecting some AAA level of budget?

No I never said anything close to that. Expecting a game to be good isn't much to ask.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Danger Zone games are nothing more than demos, Lethal VR isn't anything worth talking about and Dangerous Golf flat out sucks.

I bought dangerous golf based on a eurogamer review. In my eyes they owe me my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Me too. I'd say I played it for 15 minutes, max.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I bought dangerous golf based on a eurogamer review. In my eyes they owe me my money back.

When you're buddies with journalists you get favourable reviews.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

They taught you a valuable lesson though :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not going to go gamergate on this... But a lot of UK developers get better reviews than they really deserve imo on there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No with EG its when you are English. They are ridiculous with the over hype of any english studios game then when it turns out to be ****, they brush past it.

I notice they are bigging up Dangerous Driving or something lately.

EDIT I didnt read retros reply when I quoted the above post!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Eurogamer are a joke, stopped bothering with them over their Kingdom come coverage. They even brought the moral grandstanding into the Digital foundry stuff.

In other news Gizmodo media ( Kotaku et al) got sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Varik wrote: »
    Eurogamer are a joke, stopped bothering with them over their Kingdom come coverage. They even brought the moral grandstanding into the Digital foundry stuff.

I guess a fair amount of "journalists" are going to have to learn to code in a few weeks so :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Venom wrote: »
    I guess a fair amount of "journalists" are going to have to learn to code in a few weeks so :)

Find this kind of comment a little bit disturbing tbh - one should never take glee in people potentially losing their jobs due to grim corporate takeover shenanigans, regardless of your views on their work. And yes: they are journalists (no need for air quotes) that have done some magnificent and in-depth reporting - most recently Jason Schreier’s superb deep dives into the situation at Bioware.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I finally 'unfollowed' Eurogamer with their mass effect Andromeda coverage, was insufferable everytime they got offended by something in the game. Their Kingdom come bit took the biscuit.

I like Kotaku, they put out a lot of content, some shyte but some very very good that isn't just cut and paste from other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Their union got some agreement a short while ago and they seem to be confident that's all is well, so maybe a time before any layoffs.

Still probably no more ad unfriendly grandstanding on company time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Their union got some agreement a short while ago and they seem to be confident that's all is well, so maybe a time before any layoffs.

Still probably no more ad unfriendly grandstanding on company time.

It would want to be some iron-clad agreement as the overall business had year-end losses of $32 million in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From the article on gamesindustry.biz...
    According to the Writers Guild of America East, which represents more than 200 employees of Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion, G/O Media will recognize the contracts those groups' unions recently reached with Univision. The Onion Union struck its deal in December, while the Gizmodo Media Group Union ratified its contract in March.

Speaking of Kotaku though, Jason Schrier has a Bioware-related follow up to his Anthem article, this time on the state of Dragon Age 4.

The Past And Present Of Dragon Age 4

Turned out they were right, gamers dont have to be your audience

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

gizmo wrote: »
    From the article on gamesindustry.biz...

Speaking of Kotaku though, Jason Schrier has a Bioware-related follow up to his Anthem article, this time on the state of Dragon Age 4.

The Past And Present Of Dragon Age 4

That's some great work but fairly depressing all the same. I love the Dragon Age series and Inquisition is one of my favourite games of the generation but it's awful to read the toll it took on it's creators and just how muddles 4 looks like being.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Find this kind of comment a little bit disturbing tbh

Got a license for those disturbing quotation marks m8?
    What a load. The hatred and disgust game journos have been expressing for the last half decade about their non-audience is way more disturbing than that that soft quip. It's not like they need any more ego protection anyway because their main platform twitter filters the tag and auto suspends users of it.

In news:

Valve discounts thousands of reviews committing just as they said they would with their new review policy I posted about earlier https://www.exclusivelygames.com/valve-nullifies-thousands-of-negative-reviews-for-borderlands-1-2/

You can finally change your name on PSN. https://nichegamer.com/2019/04/10/playstation-network-username-change-available-now/

Only took them a decade. That bleeding edge tech and customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What a time to be alive.

I am emotional right now. Yesterday the first ever picture of a black hole and now PSN usernames can be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

that have done some magnificent and in-depth reporting - most recently Jason Schreier’s superb deep dives into the situation at Bioware.

I think thats the only thing they have done :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement