Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,993 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

gizmo wrote: »
    Why so? Wire it up to a nice widescreen monitor, get yourself a nice glossy yellow, white and blue colour scheme on the cabinet and you're good to go.

...no?

Sounds lovely - would go great in a living room! Make sure to include some LEDs so it lights up like a Christmas tree too.

When you don't want it anymore you can lash it up on adverts for a fortune, people will be queuing up.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Mate I'm gonna save up & make you cry :pac:

Why do I not doubt this :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sounds lovely - would go great in a living room! Make sure to include some LEDs so it lights up like a Christmas tree too.

When you don't want it anymore you can lash it up on adverts for a fortune, people will be queuing up.
    Wouldn't it need a minimum of 10,000 games before being suitable for Adverts? This only comes with 16. :(

Jokes aside, it'd be nice if some of these games came to PC/Console. At the very least, it'd be nice to have a legit version of Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1118413793262833664?s=19

Anyone else expect less???
    I remembered that I have too many 360 games on disc to make this viable but you get 3 free digital games (Forza Horizon 3, Sea of Thieves & Minecraft) & 3 months of gamepass. Pretty sure 2 of those are on gamepass (Is Minecraft on it too???) which makes it more puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

ERG89 wrote: »
    you get 3 free digital games (Forza Horizon 3, Sea of Thieves & Minecraft) & 3 months of gamepass. Pretty sure 2 of those are on gamepass (Is Minecraft on it too???) which makes it more puzzling.

It's a bit of a weird decision alright. But the gamepass is actually an offer for 1$£€ for the 3 months, so not everyone will take it, necessarily.

The 3 free games will be codes for you to own them, regardless of if you take the GP offer or not :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The discless system has been rumoured for a while. I'd say it's a good look at what the future of consoles holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Cordell

It was about time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You can get a One S that plays discs too much cheaper. Why on earth would anyone buy that?

You can get a One S that plays discs too much cheaper. Why on earth would anyone buy that?
    It will always be 50 EUR cheaper than version with disc. Not sure how they will enforce it but they said that's what they are doing. I'm sure they have their ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It will always be 50 EUR cheaper than version with disc. Not sure how they will enforce it but they said that's what they are doing. I'm sure they have their ways.

Well, all they can really do is set the RRP of the device at 50less. Retailers could offer differing discounts themselves, if they want to - but the costs to them (to purchase the stock) will be based on the RRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't like the look of it. I know it's basically the same as the standard One S, but without the disc slot it looks, wrong. Now if only they'd release a black version I'd be tempted, just for Gears of War and Forza.

Re: Sony censorship, I'm sure it's not an easy position to be in. With the way the world is going, it's only a matter of time before Sony get sued (successfully) because of a game on their console, they're most likely trying to prevent the storm before it happens. What I'm more concerned with is the level of the censorship. This is being pushed because of Japans obsession with grey area legality of a sexual nature, as referred to in that article. I've no problem if it tackles the dodgy stuff, but general nudity should not be affected. While I know that no game really needs nudity (looking at you Beyond: Two Souls), but for some games it just makes sense, ie: nudity in a game based in Ancient Greece would be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's no unrated games on PlayStation or any of the consoles, they all have to go through the respective countries ratings body. No chance of getting sued over it, and if they're was then games in general are screw. Nothing to stop any half wit parent suing because their kid played Fortnite and became a serial killer.

Like to see what happens with cyberpunk, that's a game that's going to have some very adult content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

"Assassin's Creed's maker pledges aid to help Notre-Dame"

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47963835

Pretty decent of Ubisoft to offer so much and also share the design data they have on the cathedral.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

"Assassin's Creed's maker pledges aid to help Notre-Dame"

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47963835

Pretty decent of Ubisoft to offer so much and also share the design data they have on the cathedral.

hopefully we wont have any unintended side effects, like clipping through walls, or the skin melting off our faces. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

assassins1.jpg

Seems legit.

Off topic, but find it hilarious that all these rich people are helping to rebuild something owned by the richest organisation in the world...

Off topic, but find it hilarious that all these rich people are helping to rebuild something owned by the richest organisation in the world...
    The French government owns the cathedral, not the Church. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Funny how there's untold millions available to rebuild a church, but no money to help humans out of poverty...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Shiminay wrote: »
    Funny how there's untold millions available to rebuild a church, but no money to help humans out of poverty...

I get your point but it's not just a church. It's an iconic building that a lot of people love (including, I'd imagine, the people putting up the money). It would be the same if it wasn't a church.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just think of how many NGOs and charity execs could have their salaries paid while lifting people out of poverty * by the money going into Notre Dame

*"Lifting people out of poverty" is not a promise to lift anyone out of poverty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Tax deductions I'd imagine. Anyhow cynicism aside, they want to tap into the legacy of history with positive attributes that already exists, instead of risking unknown perception when creating their own. With cynicism restored, alot of those people raking it in, do so exploiting the poverty trap.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I do, of course, realise and acknowledge that it is far more than a mere church, it's an iconic building and I would sincerely hope to see it rebuilt, but I'm sure there's no shortage of insurance and so on to take care of that and I think we can all agree that it's the hypocrisy of seeing the wealthy rush to share their wealth to help a building instead of people that's pretty disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I do, of course, realise and acknowledge that it is far more than a mere church, it's an iconic building and I would sincerely hope to see it rebuilt, but I'm sure there's no shortage of insurance and so on to take care of that and I think we can all agree that it's the hypocrisy of seeing the wealthy rush to share their wealth to help a building instead of people that's pretty disgusting.

Hypocrisy would be the someone calling for other to share their wealth with the poor but not doing it themselves.

No hypocrisy here.

It's self insured by the State so that's a negative on the insurance. :o

bu wha bou da homliss ladsssssssssssssssss?

:pac:

Sorry for bringing it up, back on topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

marcbrophy wrote: »
    bu wha bou da homliss ladsssssssssssssssss?

:pac:

Is that a new PS exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is that a new PS exclusive?

Ouya exclusive :)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement