Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wait, you can use PSVR on a PC? 0_o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah Superbunnyhop did a video on it. It's a total hack job and very fiddly but it works and apparently is worth it.

Certainly makes the €300 investment more appealing. I've had a go of PSVR and it's grand, does what it says on the tin and doesn't require a mortgage and a warehouse of space to operate in :D I've got a PS4 Pro and with all the talk about the PS5 and its backwards compatibility, I'm sure that'll apply to the PSVR too.

• I don't even know what you two are arguing about.

How about that game news?

You can use a PSVR with a Switch now

Gonna try this later
    That's awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You'd need someone to hook you in and out of that setup with all those cables. I'd worry about unintentionally putting something flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wouldn't be putting faith in backwards compatability for hardware.

If pc & PS4 is good enough to for it.

That being said if vr was compatible would we all be using the move.

Sony are in the hardware game a long time, I'd have some faith that whilst they might go for an updated PSVR unit (higher res seems about the most likely update) to go with the PS5, I can't see them saying that the backwards compatibility won't extend to that comparatively pricey hardware add-on. The PS-Move whatsits were all compatible straight away with the PS4. From what I understand of it, most of the grunt work is being done by the console anyway and the connector box just splits the signal across the internal screens on the unit as well as sending the tracking information over and back.

• Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭ogsjw

I don't even know what you two are arguing about.

How about that game news?

Not my problem if you have comprehension or reading issues... or wilful ignorance issues. If a hate group is creating news in the gaming world, this is the thread to talk about it, judging by the title. There is a gaming off-topic/master thread for everything else.

Doesn't the fact that this is fed through cinema mode make it pointless apart from the strap? Or does the split image overlap still work correctly? Surely the required image split doesn't occur at all while docked? Why would it? It may be a 'higher quality' headset as the guy in the video claims, but you're still getting 900p/30fps docked correct? Unless I'm really missing something this does not result in the same 3D 'VR' effect that the labo headset is going for at all, and is just exploiting people who don't really understand how VR headsets work?

• giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dear Diary: Today I found out via the internet that I was an Alt right naziiiiiii. What an age!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I, for one, am wilfully ignorant of my comprehension issues.

Back and forth nitpicky quote battles make me scroll through a thread faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Bambi wrote: »
    Dear Diary: Today I found out via the internet that I was an Alt right naziiiiiii. What an age!

Who called you that?

Keep it to the news lad now, otherwise you're posting off-topic ;)

Does anyone have enough of an understanding of VR to say whether I'm right or wrong on what I posted above? I still don't see how that setup results in actual 3D VR...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Shiminay wrote: »
    Sony are in the hardware game a long time, I'd have some faith that whilst they might go for an updated PSVR unit (higher res seems about the most likely update) to go with the PS5, I can't see them saying that the backwards compatibility won't extend to that comparatively pricey hardware add-on. The PS-Move whatsits were all compatible straight away with the PS4. From what I understand of it, most of the grunt work is being done by the console anyway and the connector box just splits the signal across the internal screens on the unit as well as sending the tracking information over and back.

Except the gun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

This has to be trolling, no one could seriously write that.

Varik wrote: »
    Except the gun
    Oh, I didn't realise that, real shame. I had access to one of them for the PS3 Move stuff alright and it was fun (but jaysus, the arms would get tired after a while), but I never brought any of that over to the PS4. I know they upgraded the camera and that's fair enough, needs a new camera to operate the tracking as I understand the tech.

A story is emerging about how Riot faced a walk-out in the last few days because they were aggressively preventing court cases related to sexual misconduct last year...

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/gy4qv7/league-of-legends-studio-faces-employee-walkout-promises-changes

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ogsjw wrote: »
    A story is emerging about how Riot faced a walk-out in the last few days because they were aggressively preventing court cases related to sexual misconduct last year...

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/gy4qv7/league-of-legends-studio-faces-employee-walkout-promises-changes

The longer game companies keep treating their employees like ****, the bigger the chance it's all going to blow up in their faces.

Like how is a manager who rests his ballsack on someone's shoulder as a 'joke' and grabbed other peoples balls still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ogsjw wrote: »
    Not my problem if you have comprehension or reading issues... or wilful ignorance issues.

Not my problem if you are a horrible, horrible person with no social skills writing nonsense that nobody wants to read.

you are a horrible, horrible person with no social skills

Truly a horrible, horrible person to want a society everybody (excluding hate groups obviously) feels happy in. I'm a disgusting waste of skin :D:pac::D:pac::D

The longer game companies keep treating their employees like ****, the bigger the chance it's all going to blow up in their faces.

Like how is a manager who rests his ballsack on someone's shoulder as a 'joke' and grabbed other peoples balls still there?

I have it on good authority that there were no firings at Riot Dublin after the story came out that they were screaming racial, homophobic and sexist slurs at each other. That story was a while back, here's a link for those who have forgotten. https://www.buzz.ie/latest/riot-games-accusedbro-culture-295383

Now that I think about it, I wonder how many of those individuals are actually posters on boards. Judging by the calibre of posting that seems to be here, I would wager it's a lot, which would also explain a lot. I wonder how many stories it's going to take before the people who call decent people 'horrible' will throw their hands up and admit there is a serious problem in huge chunks of this medium's community.

If these hate groups would get as mad about lootboxes and MTX we'd have much less of it, because they are excellent at harassing people. But I don't see them twisting themselves into a review bombing rage over things that are actually negatively impacting the medium.

For some reason like 15 of my Steam wishlist went on sale, thought it was a big one. It's not, but Shibuya Scramble is 70% off. Apparently this is a game most should try, and it's hardly ever at a reasonable price. Must play for visual novel fans apparently.

Re-Resi 2 is also 34% off, not bad considering it's just out. Monster Hunter World is still stuck at that %.

EDIT; I was wrong, it's a proper sale; for Golden Week (A collection of days off in Japan that happens every year).

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/gws2019/

Some good stuff there.

• Advertisement

Some people are only happy when they are pretending to be offended by everything.

Some people are only happy when they are pretending to be offended by everything.

And some are only happy when they continue to ****post off-topic in threads, saying absolutely nothing of weight or merit, and worry only about enjoying themselves without giving a hoot about what's going on with the world around them... and may god help anyone who bursts their bubble. Plenty of completely hollow posts will follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jesus, lads. Give it a rest. It's beyond boring...

• It's spreading across the forum like a virus. After hours and the soccer fourm. Now the games forum.

Get a grip, take a deep breath and chill the **** out lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Consider this a formal give it a rest. If you have a continuing squabble, please take it to PM.

If you see anyone over the age of 8 in a furry suit going to see this, run a mile.

The absolute state of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I on the other hand can't wait to get loaded and watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

haha apart from Sonic looking crap, everything else looks great for what it is, I'll defo watch at some point im sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That looks so bloody bad BUT Jim Carey is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think that looks fun. The sound of the rings are completely out of place though. Not gonna beat The Super Mario Bro's movie though, ****ing classic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement