Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, sometimes he's outraged about nothing and seems just forced in order to get views. Dressing like a gimmick is annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

My rule of thumb with YouTube content is if they superimpose their own face onto a game character or that I don't watch them. Helps I think

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jim is alright in very small doses. Couldn't be watching his outrage daily but hearing him vent once in a while is fun.

Feel YongYea is much the same unless he talks abut Hideo Kojima. :rolleyes:
    Been pretty disappointed by SuperBunnyHop; since he started a Patreon to do it full time (which is great) his video output has gotten somehow slower. Wouldn't be as bothered if he didn't say on Patreon he does weekly vids which ain't true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

https://twitter.com/theultraultra/status/1125687744443899905?s=21

Sad to hear this. You may not have / probably haven’t heard of Ultra Ultra, but their stealth game Echo is one of the boldest mid-tier releases of the last couple of years. It’s a touch rough around the edges in some respects, but it’s a triumph overall. Can’t think of another game that filled me with such a sense of constant, overwhelming existential dread. The core conceit is as brilliantly realised as it as contrived, and it’s one of the most vividly realised settings to ever grace a video game.

Shame to see them go, but if nothing else might encourage a few people to seek out a hidden gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's sad news alright. Echo had some great elements, and I was looking forward to what they might have done as a follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Speaking of studios running into trouble...

Starbreeze seeks funding to avoid imminent "liquidity shortfall"

It's a difficult one to react to really, the teams that created most of their best work are long gone to the likes of MachineGames and Hazelight and their output over the last five or six years has been marred by a string of some truly awful management decisions at different levels. It's hard to know what could even be salvaged from the company at this stage should they shut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was going to say "I meant to buy this during sales" but it seems I already have it?
    When did that happen??

Film still in the works

https://twitter.com/theUltraUltra/status/1125737038987255808

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

CatInABox wrote: »
    EA Access finally comes to PS4 in July

https://twitter.com/EAAccess/status/1125783922003009542

Having had this on Xbox for a while now, it's a great deal. It's basically stopped me from buying any EA game, and just waiting it out.

I wonder why $ony have now decided this actually is good value for customers after stating they didnt think it was when it launched.

Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EoinHef wrote: »
    I wonder why $ony have now decided this actually is good value for customers after stating they didnt think it was when it launched.

Cnuts

Same reason they don't want cross platform multiplayer 'For the Player' my hole. I've been jealous of EA Access on xbox, can't wait to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Yahtzee doesn't like anything and I'm not even sure how much he plays through his reviewed games.

Ah I know, it was tongue in cheek. Just the most consistent throughout the years for what you'd expect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

When you have EA access (not that i want it) can you use the same subscription on any platform, or do you need to pay twice if you want it on say PS4 and PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doubt it for PS4 and PC, but it's a definite no for PS&Xbox. They answered that on twitter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Most bizarre gaming story since Randy Pitchford's USB stick: in China, PUBG mobile has been replaced with the patriotic 'Game for Peace', which is basically the exact same game but the enemies don't die and instead gift you with a friendly wave when you knock them out. Plus a load of patriotic ****e tagged on.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tencent-games/tencent-pulls-blockbuster-game-pubg-in-china-launches-patriotic-alternative-idUSKCN1SE0CT

https://twitter.com/SvendJoscelyne/status/1126069150407962624

While this is comically absurd, always worth noting that the Chinese government is an authoritarian one intent on controlling its population... so this is a dark reminder of invasive state censorship while also being ludicrous farce.

"I'm gonna FRIEND you SO HARD!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What I'm curious about this is: are Chinese gamers receptive to this blatant hand-holding, or is this one of these things where you have the 'official' games industry that China would like us to know about, while every Johnny/Josephine Gamer is busy playing off pirate copies & VPN servers?

Of note is that this only affects the mobile PUBG app, so the playerbase is likely even less well-informed than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Delta Airlines getting down with the kids:

hWkLb1e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That is amazingly ironic given the lack of union representation in the gaming industry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wow. That's so condescending it would have me sign up to a union on the spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also public service announcement:

Nightdive (god bless them) just released Blood on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Bethesda plagiarism of D&D P&P RPG campaign

A few other places have picked up on this too, looking at the article above, it's pretty damning. Not surprised bethesda nuked it so quickly - looks bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Someone is getting fired.

A few other places have picked up on this too, looking at the article above, it's pretty damning. Not surprised bethesda nuked it so quickly - looks bad though.

Someone needs to be fired for that.

Eh.
    Reading between the lines, it's probably something someone at Bethesda Netherlands cooked up & didn't think was meant for widespread distribution.

Anybody going to make the obvious joke here...? Nobody? Well, here we go :

They should never have hired Filip Miucin.

Ba-dum-tsss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Eh.
    Reading between the lines, it's probably something someone at Bethesda Netherlands cooked up & didn't think was meant for widespread distribution.

Probably yeah, and that's the likely escape route for them on this too imo, i'd say they'll still have to payoff the original authors and WizardsOTC/D&D etc.

If it wasnt though? Would it really change anyone's opinion of Bethesda? They've muddied themselves pretty badly over the last year or two and this just seems to be more of the same level of mud i've come to expect from them.

Probably yeah, and that's the likely escape route for them on this too imo, i'd say they'll still have to payoff the original authors and WizardsOTC/D&D etc.

If it wasnt though? Would it really change anyone's opinion of Bethesda? They've muddied themselves pretty badly over the last year or two and this just seems to be more of the same level of mud i've come to expect from them.

Not at all. It sounds like one idiot in Bethesda Netherlands chanced his arm and got caught. It's not as if they were going to trawl through all of the D and D campaigns ever made to be safe.

Just keep making ES6 lads.

The ProJared* thing really took a dark turn fast. If these allegations are all true he is done.

*I know YouTuber drama ain't exactly news but not sure where to show this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah, a YouTube "celebrity" I recognise, finally! Though only know him from GameGrumps, which I haven't watched in ages: I'm lazy / can't watch the video ATM, what's the skinny?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ah, a YouTube "celebrity" I recognise, finally! Though only know him from GameGrumps, which I haven't watched in ages: I'm lazy / can't watch the video ATM, what's the skinny?

Cheated on his wife with a fellow YouTuber I admittedly never heard of.
    This has lead to more things coming out. Apparently he liked trading nudes on Tumblr and has done that with 16 year old teens. Sounded a bit manipulative too.

• Advertisement

Oh wow, that's pretty sketchy, to put it mildly. I swear these YouTube celebrities are a breed unto themselves, somehow more conceited and self-absorbed than regular brand celebrities. Maybe it's the fact YouTUbe is such an incestuous garden & divorced from more mature, self-regulating & policing forms of media; the most famous YT'ers seem more inclined to get high on their own supply, so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement