Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You need a steam link in your life.
    More than likely just a proper ergonomic setup.

Users set up their console with a proper couch, cushions, coffee table, HDTV positioned well and make it the entertainment center and then complain that their PC setup isn't as comfortable when it's usually tucked in a corner, smaller screen angled wrong, incorrect height adjusted, rinky dink chair and desk. Rediculous. Literally plug the PC into the same HDTV and setup a gamepad. Ain't rocket science. :rolleyes:

That ghostbusters game was the true sequel to the movies. AVGN did a decent video about it. Remaster's EGS so bleh.

As for crossplay... it's really hard to get excited for anything Microsoft does if you're read up on them as a business. They're pretty despicable and have been damaging PC gaming to push their own tech and DRM for decades. That said I'd love to be able to play newer games they're wanting to promote with their subscription thing but unless they bring it to steam so it can benefit from Proton there's not much chance of me being able to play anything they come out with. They're really pushing the windows platform and I jumped that ship some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Larian have a tease on their website. Apparently it might be Baldur's Gate 3.

5dlOZ56.jpg

Edit - Jason Schreier posting on ResetERA:
    In case there was any doubt, a lot of people are privately confirming to me secondhand/obliquely that this is for real. Holy ****ing ****.

Edit Edit - Metadata on the site says Baldur's Gate. It's a massive troll or it's BG3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

^^^ Even if it is true I'd be skeptical about what they do with it. For me it's the old school A/D+D rules and engine and the way it plays that I love about the old role playing games. The BG world in a modern engine like D:OS2 wouldn't appeal to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was reading that Amazon seem to have started taking payment for preorders upon ordering now, rather than when they ship like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was reading that Amazon seem to have started taking payment for preorders upon ordering now, rather than when they ship like they used to.

Alongside their recent skill of removing item's eligibility to be shipped to Ireland at random times (often for a week or so months before release) this is heartwarming news.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like it's being applied across the board for all types of pre-orders, some users seeing it happen for Blu-rays too. I wonder what the reasonsing is behind it...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Icewind Dale was better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Icewind Dale was better
    Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gizmo wrote: »
    Looks like it's being applied across the board for all types of pre-orders, some users seeing it happen for Blu-rays too. I wonder what the reasonsing is behind it...

I have noticed that money is taken from my account before shipping in recent orders the past few months. They used to wait until dispatch. This was for in stock items

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I guess I should get a Switch.

• Advertisement

Doom SIGIL is released. 3.1MB
    https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il

Had a quick go. Launched in from CLI because it turned out quicker than trying to change my modded launcher on lutris. Might stream it tomorrow.

Doom SIGIL is released. 3.1MB
    https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il

Had a quick go. Launched in from CLI because it turned out quicker than trying to change my modded launcher on lutris. Might stream it tomorrow.
    Eh what's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Eh what's that all about?

Seems to be 9 new SP and 9 TDM levels for the original ('93) Doom made by Romero himself.

If anyone missed it, Nichegamer has a recent feature on censorship and the state of game journalism
    https://nichegamer.com/2019/05/31/censorship-moral-outrage-and-the-new-age-of-game-journalism/
    Can't confirm if it's real but it looks like Jack Thompson replied in the comments to it :D

Fake news about gg continues to date
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/06/cbc-executive-producer-ann-mackeigan-defends-publishing-fake-news-about-overwatch-gamergate/85491/

Blizzard is still tumbling down
    https://youtu.be/MC8OOOQysPw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have to say,absolutely nothing in that article makes me worried about censorship in gaming.

It all seems like a hysterical reaction to non events,like people posting their opions on twitter.

People can have different opinions,thats life. The article suggests that people having those opinions influeneces everything,or is it just more likely that the people willing to change things happen to be of the same opinion? I know which i feel is more likely. I dont agree with lots of things,but i have to resepct everyone doesnt see things the same as me.

I just find most of these kinda internet rows some of the most boring non events. Its really like handbags at dawn,the pettiness of some of the arguments from both sides just makes me not wanna read anything about this stuff. A rabbit hole thats just a waste of time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    Have to say,absolutely nothing in that article makes me worried about censorship in gaming.

It all seems like a hysterical reaction to non events,like people posting their opions on twitter.

People can have different opinions,thats life. The article suggests that people having those opinions influeneces everything,or is it just more likely that the people willing to change things happen to be of the same opinion? I know which i feel is more likely. I dont agree with lots of things,but i have to resepct everyone doesnt see things the same as me.

I just find most of these kinda internet rows some of the most boring non events. Its really like handbags at dawn,the pettiness of some of the arguments from both sides just makes me not wanna read anything about this stuff. A rabbit hole thats just a waste of time for me.

Think it's more about a resurgence in calls for it from media similar to Jack Thompson and MK before it.

Then again you've games coming out rate 18 on Switch and 12 with changes on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/SailToArchipel/status/1134471689750818818

Toco Toco TV ending their interview series.

They give a reason?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cuphead apparently getting released on....uh....Tesla Model S, 3 and X?

https://ie.ign.com/articles/2019/06/02/cuphead-will-be-playable-in-tesla-model-3-model-s-and-model-x-cars?sf103564640=1

Cruising along with autopilot on while pulling your hair out will be fun :pac:

Teslas run on linux, no? I saw one forced to desktop mode once. Hopefully this means a linux version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

ah gamergate. Literally the worst thing to happen in the video game community ever.

• Unexpected Gem of the year so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    ah gamergate. Literally the worst thing to happen in the video game community ever.

I don't think I'll ever click a link to a oneangrygamer & nichegamer article as honestly they sound like websites that would be made up in South Park or something

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Unexpected Gem of the year so far

I need a zombie fix after the brilliant Days Gone. I know this is a different kettle of fish but can it played solo, does it fill a group with AI or will it always look for people online to fill a group? I loved Left 4 Dead 1, looks similar to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever click a link to a oneangrygamer & nichegamer article as honestly they sound like websites that would be made up in South Park or something

Yeah. They're pretty creepy also!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I need a zombie fix after the brilliant Days Gone. I know this is a different kettle of fish but can it played solo, does it fill a group with AI or will it always look for people online to fill a group? I loved Left 4 Dead 1, looks similar to that?

I think in the video I saw a quick shot of being able to fill the team with bots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ERG89 wrote: »

The comments section are pretty astonishing. The absolute dregs of society down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,774 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The comments section are pretty astonishing. The absolute dregs of society down there.

From what I've read of a few oneangrygamer articles, that seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Advertisement

Got Surge 1 off PS Plus, and still haven't tried it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement