Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I need a zombie fix after the brilliant Days Gone. I know this is a different kettle of fish but can it played solo, does it fill a group with AI or will it always look for people online to fill a group? I loved Left 4 Dead 1, looks similar to that?

Best experience is to be had with a team of 4 and on higher difficulties. It can be enjoyed in single player but only on Normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Ubisoft isn't hot for 9th generation
    https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/06/03/ubisoft-worries-about-the-impact-of-ps5-and-xbox-anaconda/

Eurogamer selling pirated game music
    1 2
    SomeSayKos wrote: »
    ah gamergate. Literally the worst thing to happen in the video game community ever.
    https://youtu.be/wy9bisUIP3w
    https://youtu.be/5fnRSL3d_xU

• Todd is on a Randy Pitchford level of bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Varik wrote: »
    Got Surge 1 off PS Plus, and still haven't tried it.

Well worth a play if you like Dark Souls. It is Dark Souls in Exosuits. Tricky but nothing to hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do you think we can get a separate thread for this gamergate stuff? I'm sick of seeing it here and have zero interest in it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If there was a specific thread for it then whoever wants to discuss it they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Precisely because it's not a popular topic is a reason why there shouldn't be a dedicated thread. There's very little outlet news about it directly, really. It's usually one piece of news then lots of rage.
    Todd is on a Randy Pitchford level of bull****
    That's news to people? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you think we can get a separate thread for this gamergate stuff? I'm sick of seeing it here and have zero interest in it. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

If there was a specific thread for it then whoever wants to discuss it they can.

I agree but you can get a mouse with a little wheel in the centre and just flash past all the nonsense. It works really well in all kinds of scenarios :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aw, wasn't that nice to promote Judgement too :pac:

Saw the trailer and it does look awesome. But it also looks really hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Todd is on a Randy Pitchford level of bull****

How can IGN interview him in 2019 & not call him out on this blatant nonsense.
    Surprised not many are talking about Rockstar today either but it's obvious that their relationship with the press is a strange one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

TitianGerm wrote: »

Or maybe create a second news thread with news that only TitanGerm is interested in:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just ignore most links Mr Titan, its easy. I have no clue what gamergate even is thats how easy it is, the only problem is you may ask the odd dumb question from overlooking legitimate news in other posted links :D

Anything thats proper news worthy tends to be posted in the thread itself anyway and you can then explore more accordingly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

ERG89 wrote: »
    How can IGN interview him in 2019 & not call him out on this blatant nonsense.
    Surprised not many are talking about Rockstar today either but it's obvious that their relationship with the press is a strange one.

What have Rockstar done? (I prefer not to watch Jim Sterling videos).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thats a certain posters christmas present sorted:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Having been to a number of eye watering conventions, this is big news for the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is there anything Microsoft won’t try lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dr. Bre wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    making good first party games seemingly :D

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    making good first party games seemingly :D

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Benzino wrote: »
    What have Rockstar done? (I prefer not to watch Jim Sterling videos).

Ex staff members saying higher ups were pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ex staff members saying higher ups were pricks.

Higher ups are pricks in every company!
    Did they not provide them with enough safe spaces? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,774 ✭✭✭✭Penn

marcbrophy wrote: »

Former Rockstar Designer Says Former Top Executive Groped Him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

marcbrophy wrote: »

Is this the story of some Douglas Reynholm executive type made a new hire (male) give him a lap dance in a night club and the newbie lacked the testicular fortitude to refuse?

Bambi wrote: »
    Is this the story of some Douglas Reynholm executive type made a new hire (male) give him a lap dance in a night club and the newbie lacked the testicular fortitude to refuse?

I thought of Reynholm as well reading that article. He actually wanted the dev to sit on his lap for a fondle and the guy knew if he refused, he would be fired but he wasn't being groped so he decided to give a lapdance as a middle ground which actually worked. A co-worker told him to stop straight away but still, seriously humiliating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I thought of Reynholm as well reading that article. He actually wanted the dev to sit on his lap for a fondle and the guy knew if he refused, he would be fired but he wasn't being groped so he decided to give a lapdance as a middle ground which actually worked. A co-worker told him to stop straight away but still, seriously humiliating.

Wow :eek: People are such d!cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn wrote: »

That's a very different type of prick!

Forgive my misinformed comment :D
    Bambi wrote: »

We're doing who in a what now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Only available in Oz. Looks like I'll be heading to Summer Bay to see if Alf Stewart will have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just read that article on Jeronimo at Rockstar. Wow. Seems like a right dick. And HR's response was shocking tbh. But, I can see why some of this happened. The higher ups will always be protected, and the fear of being fired (which I'd imagine is a lot worse in the USofA) stopping other people from backing him up. The comment that Rockstar HR didn't want negative people and making a complaint was the same as handing in your notice, that's the root cause here. No one to complain to, and if you do the job becomes really difficult to work in until you leave of your own accord. Shocking stuff really. And Jeronimo 'left quietly' last year. Hmmmm.

There really does appear to be a need for unions in the gaming sector, but I'd be afraid that a union would go the opposite route and cause companies to shut down because they don't look after every snowflake that gets hired. I agree we, as a race, need thicker skin. Name calling is now a reason to get butthurt, even though I was always reminded of the 'Sticks and stones' poem when I got bullied in school. Guess we've given up on that. But unwanted touching and fear of being fired for doing/not doing something that you wouldn't be expected to do in any other situation, that's a different story. I hope that if this is legit (I'll nearly always play devils advocate until I see solid proof), that this Jeronimo lad gets what's coming to him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The US needs unions across the board. Job security has been eroded away to nothing there to such a degree people will let themselves be molested as complaining or reporting what is in fact a serious crime means the loss of their job and possible blacklisting. They need unions for protection from that.

However big business in conjunction with the US government has worked very hard for a number of years to make unions seem like a dirty word to even the people that need it and would benefit from it the most, in the same way they have done with universal healthcare. The whole calling people snowflakes is part of that and only feeding it. The country is a mess and a scary reminder of where we could end up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement