Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The comedies film have been alright.

In general I think the streaming services should stick to series/bingable content. Movies are limited in length, something that streaming services arn't but at the same time they don't have to deal with drop off like traditional shows do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Why does he only have one sword? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,772 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nix wrote: »
    Why does he only have one sword? :confused:

https://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-netflix-series-images-geralt-yennefer-ciri/?utm_content=buffer84339&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_grtw

This article seems to imply the two-swords is mostly something that comes from the games rather than the books (which the TV series is taking more of a cue from). Haven't read the books (and have only played TW3) so haven't a clue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only read one book but it's not that he doesn't have the 2 swords it's that he doesn't carry both at all times, he takes what he needs for the job. For the game since your running about so much you need both on you.

Cina wrote: »
    Not sure what you lot are on about.

Netflix films are poor, yeah, but I don't recall them ever being good.

But The Witcher is a TV show and Netflix have put out plenty of absolutely cracking, big-budget TV shows in the last few years. I'd trust them more than anyone else other than HBO.
    Nah they're not out to produce quality shows. They're in the game of flinging enough shyte and eventually something will stick. Stranger things for example. If it doesn't stick, just bury it in their algorithm.

You've got to give it to them though, they've some balls taking this on and risking the social media outcry that will ensue from the gaming community if it flops. Either that or they simply don't care, outcry or not enough people will watch it, that's their business model and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nah he does use two swords in the books also, he might leave one on Roach and rotate depending on the job but yeah, strange for them to not have the two on his back, even if its just from the games, its cool as **** :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

You'd think for a still they'd go all out have 2 swords, crossbow, oils and potions on the belt. Even photoshop em in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I read some article, it's because in the Witcher world, silver swords are fragile items that should only ever be used for fighting specific monsters, otherwise the steel will do. So it's always on Roach, ready to go. Remember, this isn't the game, Cavill can't magically call Roach from the other side of the map so Roach is always nearby, and to keep it more 'realistic' the second sword will always be on Roach unless actively being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Shantae 5 opening animation by Studio TRIGGER

• Registered Users Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Another report from Jason Schreir about ****ty game companies, this time Treyarch. Wow, being a QA tester for Black Ops 4 sounded shyte.

https://kotaku.com/the-human-cost-of-call-of-duty-black-ops-4-1835859016

Its basically just QA bitching.
    This happens in all walks of life.
    For where I worked the unskilled factory workers experienced similiar long hours changing at short notice etc.
    In the US employees have very little rights regardless of their level so its a lot different from Europe.
    Contractors in all companies are all treated differently from employees so again I don't get their complaints. Its standard treatment across the globe.
    Whether they like it or not they're unskilled and if they want to get a better job then upskill.
    I'm not unsympathetic torwards them but this is how capitalism works.
    Try working in an Amazon warehouse..now that's goddamn hard work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LMAO G2A are farcically awful. I know there’s probably some English-language barriers, but even with that in mind their PR operation is appalling. Fair play to Mike Rose for going after them hard, even if their own actions and words keep making things worse. Hopefully some of the other dodgy key sites are next.

https://twitter.com/raveofravendale/status/1148145947454640128?s=21

https://twitter.com/raveofravendale/status/1148207151061577728?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

G2A are gas

• This looks brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A From Software mech game from 2004 that was not done by the Armored Core team, good to see it getting a western release after 15 years but I would not have much faith in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I watched a trailer last night for this, and I was confused. I know it's Devolver Digital, and I thought they deliberately went with an older look. Didn't realise it's a 15 year old game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bought the original Xbox game a while ago for a small fortune. It's actually a really great game. It's really funny as well with some dodgy voice acting but also great satire about American politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I bought the original Xbox game a while ago for a small fortune. It's actually a really great game. It's really funny as well with some dodgy voice acting but also great satire about American politics.

Until it locks up the Xbox... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There was meant to be a new Build Engine game on the way from 3d Realms, made by a bunch of Duke Nukem modders called Iron Maiden; it fell foul of the band's copyright lawyers and looks like the easiest was for the game to rename itself to ... Iron Fury. Not quite as catchy, but I'm guessing it wasn't worth the hassle;

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This retro look is making a comeback it seems

• Advertisement

• pixelburp wrote: »
    There was meant to be a new Build Engine game on the way from 3d Realms, made by a bunch of Duke Nukem modders called Iron Maiden; it fell foul of the band's copyright lawyers and looks like the easiest was for the game to rename itself to ... Iron Fury. Not quite as catchy, but I'm guessing it wasn't worth the hassle;

Article here, can't wait for it.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/07/11/ion-maiden-renamed-to-ion-fury-before-an-august-15th-launch/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Star Lord wrote: »
    Until it locks up the Xbox... :pac:

It didn't lock it up. It straight up killed poor cidermans Xbox. It just wasn't patriotic enough

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It didn't lock it up. It straight up killed poor cidermans Xbox. It just wasn't patriotic enough

Too much freedom most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Vicxas wrote: »
    This retro look is making a comeback it seems

Thank f*ck it's the proper kind of retro look.
    None of this 8-bit faux-NES nonsense - I want games that look like they came right out of 92-96! :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Remember Devotion, the Taiwanese viral hit that was pulled after it emerged a random Xi Jinping meme asset showed up in the game? Well it will remain shelved Indefinitely by the sounds of it:

https://twitter.com/redcandlegames/status/1150706682252726273?s=21

What a bleak situation - the Chinese state censorship machine in full force.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What a load of pooh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I posted about that a few months ago.

It's quite possible that some are dead. Not trying to be dramatic but those communists have killed their own for less than that before so it's not unreasonable. Very sad.

There's their update https://twitter.com/redcandlegames/status/1150706682252726273

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dead? Bring the hyperbole back to shore there lad. I believe they were threatened but if anyone was killed over it. Well.... stuff like that can't be kept secret anyomre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dead? Bring the hyperbole back to shore there lad. I believe they were threatened but if anyone was killed over it. Well.... stuff like that can't be kept secret anyomre.
    China sends its citizens to prison for cheating in video games and I remember a news story where they executed someone for going on a hiking trail (or something like that) without paying for the guide. Their citizens regularly get "disappeared" for being critical of the state. It's shocking how many people think their communist state oppression is some made up conspiracy.

The game company's apology (for doing nothing wrong) is disturbing. Makes one appreciate the freedoms of their own country. The game might be re-released after the censor comb but it'll always be remembered for this situation I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They weren't arrested for cheating that was PUBG hackers using malware to mine computers for personal information & passwords. I imagine the hiker was arrested for espionage and should have known better to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement