Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Sony have just bought Insomniac Games

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Oh god, please reboot Resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sony have just bought Insomniac Games

Sony about to give them all the money for Spiderman 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonder how long that decision was in the making, was it more recent after or during spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Sony about to give them all the money for Spiderman 2.

Another Ratchet and Clank would be great. Doesn’t need to be another remake, just a game that doesn’t stray too far from the last in terms of gameplay and fun.

It’d be a great launch title for the PS5 if they had in development already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So, if you pre-order the new Call of Duty you get early access to the open beta.....

Early access to the open beta....................

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So, if you pre-order the new Call of Duty you get early access to the open beta.....

Early access to the open beta....................

SSSSSSIIIIIIIICCCCCKKKKK

THAT SH!T IS LIT BRUH!!!

Call of Duty have an open Alpha this weekend (23rd to 25th) on PS4, PS Plus not needed. It is just for the new 2v2 mode but should give a good idea how the shooting mechanics are in the full game.

• Loving the new Horde

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Loving the new Horde

Yeah, I'm also liking the look of it, If i did have a concern, its the fact that those cards still seem to be a part of it, but it seems like they're available from the start and upgraded through the match itself?

I know the game has to evolve at the risk of going stale, but for me, the Horde we had in Gears 3 was the sweet spot, in that you had fairly advanced base defense, but didn't have the classes etc. Hopefully they'll also do something to discourage people from quitting after the first 10 or 20 waves, that was a real problem in Gears 4.

• Advertisement

• Yeah, I'm also liking the look of it, If i did have a concern, its the fact that those cards still seem to be a part of it, but it seems like they're available from the start and upgraded through the match itself?

I know the game has to evolve at the risk of going stale, but for me, the Horde we had in Gears 3 was the sweet spot, in that you had fairly advanced base defense, but didn't have the classes etc. Hopefully they'll also do something to discourage people from quitting after the first 10 or 20 waves, that was a real problem in Gears 4.
    The game now gets automatically back-filled with bots if a player drops out
    Should alleviate that issue and the bots in Gears 4 are good as an example

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

FF8 Remaster is due out on the 3rd of September. Very excited

Vicxas wrote: »

Just the music alone from that release date trailer brought the memories flooding back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Any approximate cost on it yet? Hoping for something reasonable but no doubt they will put a near full price tag on it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm keen to play this; I owned it back in the day and honestly can't recall what I thought of it. Certainly read plenty of thoughts and criticism in the public domain since, but I'm damned if I remember my own experience. Can recall scenes and set pieces, but not my takeaway. I THINK I liked it, but kept comparing it to #7.

I've heard that the magic system is broken, though again have no memory of this

Kinda wish they took this approach with the 7 remaster instead of the weird chimera slowly (so very slowly) being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

GameStop Lays Off Over 100 People, Including Nearly Half Of Game Informer's Staff
    https://kotaku.com/gamestop-lays-off-over-100-people-including-nearly-hal-1837418024

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have no love for GameStop the company and definitely question their long term prospects, but that’s a nasty shock for all the people involved. I’d wish that situation on nobody.

Seeing the reactions from the affected journalists and editors on Twitter and it seems to have come out of the blue - and from an outside perspective Game Informer seems (seemed) to be one of the few perennial, safe publications. Here’s hoping all of those impacted find a new gig elsewhere.

I see Frank Zampella issued a statement on Friday about the Apex thing. He acknowledged some of his team were out of line, coherently explained the reasons why, said how they would fix it and outlined a plan for the future. Like many corporate CEO's Frank's probably a competent and clever psychopath. It was a very good response.

I don't subscribe to the notion of the toxic gamer. Most of us are just normal (ish) people playing videogames. If you go onto forums dedicated to specific games that's where you'll find the cray cray and you need to be careful how you engage.

• This looks great. Sleeper hit of the year?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/20/20814029/yakuza-3-4-5-remaster-collection-release-date-ps4

Yakuza remasters coming to PS4... with Yakuza 3 available right now with 4 and 5 following shortly after. Nice surprise announcement.

Also has a new localization and includes the content that was cut from the original western releases.

So if you like hostess bars you are in heaven.

Will pick them up on PC... which they presumably will be coming to.

• Advertisement

• Great games but I'm drained at the moment. I played Kiwami 1 & 2 back to back last Xmas

I find Yakuza 3 doesn't really hold up all that well. The amount of cutscenes are astronomical from remembering back the PS2 version
    Just don't have that time anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I still have Y2 and Y6 bought and unplayed. Don't think I can justify buying another 3 Yakuza games (and Judgement) until I get through at least the prologue of one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I have no love for GameStop the company and definitely question their long term prospects, but that’s a nasty shock for all the people involved. I’d wish that situation on nobody.

Seeing the reactions from the affected journalists and editors on Twitter and it seems to have come out of the blue - and from an outside perspective Game Informer seems (seemed) to be one of the few perennial, safe publications. Here’s hoping all of those impacted find a new gig elsewhere.

You mean the likes of Imran Khan who was gleefully crowing about The Last Nights woes?

Lets just acknowledge the miracle of Karma and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Bambi wrote: »
    You mean the likes of Imran Khan who was gleefully crowing about The Last Nights woes?

Lets just acknowledge the miracle of Karma and move on.

I really should learn not to google the these stories in gaming I'm clueless about... they nearly always go back to gamergate - especially when they involve sneering at someone's misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This looks great. Sleeper hit of the year?

Does anyone know if this is playable in single player or do you have to play it in co-op? Heard different answers to that question in different places...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is playable in single player or do you have to play it in co-op? Heard different answers to that question in different places...

Check the dedicated thread. RopeDrink did a good write up on it and played the entire thing solo from what I could tell.

I'd heard you can't communicate in co-op which I can see both as a good thing and a bad thing but also kind of ruins the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd heard you can't communicate in co-op which I can see both as a good thing and a bad thing but also kind of ruins the point.

I can't see why you couldn't set up a party on Xbox/PS or use discord on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement