Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is that really news?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not really but since we don't have a general off-topic thread on the forum and this thread has been used as an "interesting and/or noteworthy links" dump in the past, I thought I'd throw it in here.

If there's a more suitable thread for it then I'd be happy to have it moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see if it still applies to the likes of Outrun 2 HD on XBLA/PSN, as Sega lost the Ferrari license and can't sell the physical game or the digital one any more.

I found a game that is no longer on my download list!

http://wololo.net/2015/01/28/patapon-2-has-been-removed-from-the-psn-stores/
    It took Sony only a few days to remove Patapon 2 from the world wide PSN Stores.

It has been confirmed to be removed in Europe and Australia, but it is expected that the game vanishes in the Americas too.

The game Patapon 2 has been used various times to hack Sony’s Handheld devices, and this is (at least) the third time that game had to be removed from the PSN Store.

Most games that were removed from the PSN Store were also removed from the Users download lists (this is illegal in Europe, by the way. Good job, Sony!) which means that you are completely unable to get the game you have paid money for… At least for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

What Do You Get If You Cross Pac-Man, Pong, Space Invaders & Donkey Kong?

Pacapong!

Why?

Because. That's why.:cool:

DL Here:
    http://kingpenguin.itch.io/pacapong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What Do You Get If You Cross Pac-Man, Pong, Space Invaders & Donkey Kong?

Pacapong!

Why?

Because. That's why.:cool

DL Here:
    http://kingpenguin.itch.io/pacapong

I think that looks like a bit of craic actually. Was expecting it to be completely stupid but I could see that being fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale is teaming up with Marvel for a project in 2017. Epic news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I was so incredibly happy until I read the date. I'll no longer be a twenty-something by then.

Do Telltale have any notion of updating their buggy engine? They're currently finishing the last episodes of Game Of Thrones and Tales Of Borderlands. Wonder will we get a new engine for The Walking Dead: Season 3, Wolf Among Us: Season 2, Minecraft (probably not) or their own new IP?

I've never found their engine buggy. A bit dated at this stage, but for the style of games they are doing its perfectly serviceable. I think most of the people who encountered problems were the ones playing on 360 and ps3. Frankly that hardware is ancient at this stage. My sister played through the walking dead on a 7 year old laptop and it ran fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Their engine is one of the worst for such a high profile developer. The amount of screen tearing and frame rate dips is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just finished The Wolf among Us and it ran fine on my laptop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was so incredibly happy until I read the date. I'll no longer be a twenty-something by then.

Pfft, the thirties is where it's at. Well, until I turn 40 in a couple of years and then the forties is where it'll be at…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd say we'll see an updated engine on their next batch of games. It's really showing it's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

tok9 wrote: »
    Their engine is one of the worst for such a high profile developer. The amount of screen tearing and frame rate dips is ridiculous.

They're high profile, but only relatively recently and they still seem like they work on a fairly low budget most of the time. Their graphics and environments have always been very simplistic and they've never really had big voice actors, at least not until Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Pretty neat playthrough of this game from the Lead Programmer on the title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Sweet jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Good riddance to another poorly managed company with a poor vision who was coasting on previous successes, there I said it.
    This whole thing has become a farce.
    But I guess the more companies fold the stronger EA/Ubisoft/Activision become.... like Highlander or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

valve

Valve dont make games anymore..... only hat simulators.

Why make games when you can get other people to do it for you and still get all the money. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    Valve dont make games anymore..... only hat simulators.

Why make games when you can get other people to do it for you and still get all the money. :P

This is unfortunately kind of true. It seems like Valve's corporate structure is not conducive to big projects like games and instead works for iterating on existing games like TF2 or DOTA. They haven't released a single player game in 4 years now and it's not like they've announced anything coming up either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-20-h1z1-dev-unbanning-cheaters-who-publicly-apologise-on-youtube

interesting way to ban and unban people in a game.
    . Smedley has agreed to let certain reformed cheaters back in the game under one condition: They publicly apologise on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

C14N wrote: »
    They haven't released a single player game in 4 years now and it's not like they've announced anything coming up either.

Don't underestimate the Gaben, E3 is coming, have faith brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Don't underestimate the Gaben, E3 is coming, have faith brother!

Half Life 3 confirmed :pac:

Half-Life <3 confirmed

teaser website for a 2K game

Skerries wrote: »

Could be good but I dunno, dystopian futures featuring sinister mega-corporations are getting to be about as overdone in games as zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Skerries wrote: »

Big rumour going round is its the next X-Com game, people were data-mining the site and found references to "Vigilio Confido", the phrase on the top of the X-Com logo in the recent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Big rumour going round is its the next X-Com game, people were data-mining the site and found references to "Vigilio Confido", the phrase on the top of the X-Com logo in the recent game.

^I just came in to post that. Fingers crossed here - I loved EU and EW (and of course the mods they spawned).

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

http://www.pcgamer.com/konami-apologizes-for-causing-anxiety/

The original report of Konami switching to mobile as their main platform wasn't accurate. The original report over on Neogaf was incomplete but that message hasn't got around and Konami have clarified they are in no way abandoning traditional gaming platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They're saying that mobile gaming will be their priority, so while they may not intend on dumping their traditional gaming platforms entirely they're not exactly just dipping their toes either - the result of which is that they'll be putting less man-hours into their pc/console games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement