Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Why don't you actually name and shame these self identified "gamers" who have engaged in harassment that you know personally?
    what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You're forever posting stuff from that OneAngryGamer. What the fúck is that site? Explain it to me.

For anyone interested, take a look at the comment section of the article he posted. The site is pathetic and its users even more so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

J. Marston wrote: »
    You're forever posting stuff from that OneAngryGamer. What the fúck is that site? Explain it to me.

It’s a sexist, hate-filled rant-blog aimed solely at manufacturing bigoted, reactionary outrage among gaming’s uglier communities, and allowing people to spout whatever vile garbage they want for “free speech” (read: hate speech) reasons. Not worth the oxygen of any more explanation than that, and definitely not worth a click.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For anyone interested, take a look at the comment section of the article he posted. The site is pathetic and its users even more so.

Goddamnit, why did I look at the comments? No good ever comes from looking at comments for an article on the internet in the first place; but jesus christ those are particularly sad & embittered. When you're posting pictures of women working in NASA as a "bad thing", then you've failed at life.

F*ck that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Where else are you supposed to find out if female game characters are dressed sexily enough for you to be able to enjoy the game?

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/04/streets-of-rage-4-trailer-reveals-more-stages-air-juggles-and-blazes-short-skirt/81686/
    However, with enemies floating in the air a little longer this time around, it means that it gives players ample opportunity to jump-kick their foes out of the air with Blaze, which means you’ll get to see those upskirt shots often.

Also, I have to give it to Lizardcube. They made sure the women – whether good or bad – look smoking hot. Tight pants, sports bras, and high heels? Yes, please.

This is the kind of game that respects the longstanding traditions of Boner Culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Consistently covers censorship, bannings and similar topics which I appreciate. Most other sources are in video form or just not articles. I expect a censored gaming video up about FF8 Remaster soon because I've seen postings about that.

Remember Nakamura? She resigned: https://nichegamer.com/2019/09/04/ghostwire-tokyo-creative-director-ikumi-nakamura-resigns-from-tango-gameworks/
    People are worried about the state of the game for this to happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Consistently covers censorship, bannings and similar topics which I appreciate.

And what of the misogynistic, badly written rants that are its bread and butter? Genuinely: what are your thoughts on them? I stress that I don’t use ‘misogynistic’ lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That comment section is mental,its so far out there its hard to believe that the people posting that stuff could possibly believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The dude's own additions to the comments section are equally unhinged.

Got something bad to say about Star Citizen? Well, Billy's got one hell of a response to you!

Being a racist to own the libs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You'd have thought it gets just... so tiring, blaming everything you don't like on "diversity" or the fact that... uh, women now work in NASA? 🤷 Still trying to work that one out from the article's comments.

It's actually kinda pitiful that people feel the need to construct this accusatory narrative against women, just because they earnestly believe their frivolous, First World hobby isn't suitably to their tastes anymore.

How little self-confidence and sense of self-worth do they possess, that this is how they occupy their time? It's no wonder incels exist, when people submerge themselves into those levels of embittered insecurity and loathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

pixelburp wrote: »
    You'd have thought it gets just... so tiring, blaming everything you don't like on "diversity" or the fact that... uh, women now work in NASA? 🤷 Still trying to work that one out from the article's comments.

It's actually kinda pitiful that people feel the need to construct this accusatory narrative against women, just because they earnestly believe their frivolous, First World hobby isn't suitably to their tastes anymore.

How little self-confidence and sense of self-worth do they possess, that this is how they occupy their time? It's no wonder incels exist, when people submerge themselves into those levels of embittered insecurity and loathing.

I've seen people clutching at straws, but I've never seen anyone clutching at strawmen

Keep it up though, screaming "misogynyyyy" might still work on some people.

Bambi wrote: »
    I've seen people clutching at straws, but I've never seen anyone clutching at strawmen

I'd have thought I was being an armchair psychologist myself, but I guess you know best ;) Did you even click into the article - though points for the pithy reply. cos the folks I'm talking about are right there in black & white. Gizmo even pasted an image if that helps. And I see Penn below me even embedded the NASA one.

Honestly though; I'm curious how else you'd classify those comments lamenting the presence of women on NASA teams? Concerned citizens? "Joking"? Screaming 'strawman' doesn't quite work when one can point at those themselves screaming "diversity" cos of fewer penises. It's shouting at clouds.

Again, these guys are chuds. I feel pity for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bambi wrote: »

JFID5vv.png

In response to a picture of female employees in Remedy Games under an article about Control. Therefore, not a strawman. Definite misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

gizmo wrote: »
    The dude's own additions to the comments section are equally unhinged.

Got something bad to say about Star Citizen? Well, Billy's got one hell of a response to you!

In fairness, making any sort of criticism regarding Star Citizen these days tends to generate the same results with the more rabid fans going into full-on attack mode. Most of the Elite Dangerous Youtubers I watch tend to cover what the latest SC patch adds to the game and boy do they get roasted by the hardcore fans.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Venom wrote: »
    In fairness, making any sort of criticism regarding Star Citizen these days tends to generate the same results with the more rabid fans going into full-on attack mode. Most of the Elite Dangerous Youtubers I watch tend to cover what the latest SC patch adds to the game and boy do they get roasted by the hardcore fans.

I don't think the fact that he is defending star citizen is what's being pointed out as noteworthy...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I had to google what an incel was recently, apparently it means 'involuntary celibate', generally not their own fault.

but it is their own fault, no one wants to ride a horrible racist / sexist / everythingist sh1tebag. They truly are a horrible strain of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

I had to google what an incel was recently, apparently it means 'involuntary celibate', generally not their own fault.

but it is their own fault, no one wants to ride a horrible racist / sexist / everythingist sh1tebag. They truly are a horrible strain of humanity.
    That's some real 2+2=5 logic. Guys who have no success with women must automatically be the -ist du jour?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

plz give this **** its own thread that normal folk will never read.

plz

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Who cares about Gears of War 5 when Deadly Premonition 2 just got announced.

Really? that is great news. Loved the first one. I guess they put this into production when the new season of Twin Peaks was released a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

dreamers75 wrote: »
    plz give this **** its own thread that normal folk will never read.

plz

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh God this, please. Please! The OneAngryGamer / GamerGate stuff is not news, it doesn't belong in this thread and every time it's mentioned it drags the slime out of the woodwork and derails all other topics.

So I'm "slime" eh?

Always thought of myself more a Non Newtonian Fluid kind of guy.

It's all easily achieved by not sharing outrage outlets like oneangrygamer that trade in ... well, angry gamer stereotypes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm not a bad slime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The original article was about predictions based on a game's sale price. Somehow users including moderators have managed to derail the thread into shyte about incels or whatever.

In news
    here's Tekken 7's latest patch notes: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/tekken/news/tekken-7-season-pass-3-arrives-tuesday-10th-september?utm_source=SM_official&utm_medium=official_post&utm_campaign=T7_Patch300 Some quality of life updates and lots of character balancing. I can't read the character balancing properly from the PDF Anyone else seeing it like this?

tKDvYC7.png

Maybe I'm lacking the right fonts or something. I got this news from a steam alert. First time its ever been useful! Hope valve keeps that up whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The original article was about predictions based on a game's sale price. Somehow users including moderators have managed to derail the thread into shyte about incels or whatever.

Sorry to others for more derailing but this does annoy me. Go away with the holier than thou bollocks, to be honest.

Claim their stance on censorship or whatever nonsense you want as your reasons for liking that place but it's clear what your game is by posting shít from there.

Instead of blaming others about derailing maybe try to find a news source that isn't wall to wall pathetic hate. It shouldn't be hard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

pixelburp wrote: »
    So I'm "slime" eh?

Always thought of myself more a Non Newtonian Fluid kind of guy.

It's all easily achieved by not sharing outrage outlets like oneangrygamer that trade in ... well, angry gamer stereotypes.

I think you'll find slime is technically non newtonian.

Now water. That would be newtonian. Except at extremes of pressure, temperature and, of course, shear rate.

I hate my job for making me know this.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think you'll find slime is technically non newtonian.

Now water. That would be newtonian. Except at extremes of pressure, temperature and, of course, shear rate.

I hate my job for making me know this.

So you're a plumber is it? Next you'll be telling us you're Italian :pac:

• Back to games, if you switch your region on the PC or Xbox you can play Gears 5 now!
    Change it to New Zealand

Graphically I would argue it's one of the best looking games this generation

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Reticilum

any word on the new GTA or Skyrim?

• Advertisement

Back to games, if you switch your region on the PC or Xbox you can play Gears 5 now!
    Change it to New Zealand

Graphically I would argue it's one of the best looking games this generation

Spotted this on reddit :pac:

yrodik71irk31.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement