Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Shiminay wrote: »
    Respectfully guys, I've been playing online multiplayer games for 23 years, I know what to expect :) There's a lot the developers can do to mitigate the skill-gap and for the most part, they do it well, but in RDR 2 I just found it particularly bad. I've got several hundred hours in GTA V Online, I wasn't exactly unprepared for what might happen, I just found it an unenjoyable experience.

It's been fixed for a long time. You wont get any grief at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I can see the appeal of GTA Online,before it turned into a MT greedfest i played a ton of it. The thing is you have planes,helicopters,cars,boats,bikes,crazy amount of weapons and everything inbetween to play with.

In RDR 2 you have a horse and a repeater....:P
    Never could see it being as successful online as GTA. Not sure they could make it have a lasting appeal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's been fixed for a long time. You wont get any grief at all.
    Well it certainly seems to have some actual content in it now rather than just missions you have to gallop for an eternity to reach :D I might give it another look, I'll probably be turning the PlayStation on again soon to play FIFA 20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Overland looks interesting. Out today on ps4, xbox, pc and switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Overland looks interesting. Out today on ps4, xbox, pc and switch.

A lot of those XCOM inspired style games announced started with Empire of Sin.

Rebel Cops is a spinoff of This is the Police, a tenner & out this week.

Narcos is getting one too which is strange.

It's Untitled Goose Game Day! \o/ Still not available on the EGS to buy, but today's meant to be the day...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's it retailing for on switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Not even a timer or anything on EGS!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might be on EGS by the time of the steam release.

• Advertisement

ESA trying to save E3 it seems by switching it to an "influencer" event: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-17-esa-proposes-rebranding-e3-2020-as-fan-media-and-influencer-festival-in-leaked-document The facts that they're talking about things like "the power of social good" in the same breath as the games playing public shows how completely removed from reality these people are :D

ESA trying to save E3 it seems by switching it to an "influencer" event: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-17-esa-proposes-rebranding-e3-2020-as-fan-media-and-influencer-festival-in-leaked-document The facts that they're talking about things like "the power of social good" in the same breath as the games playing public shows how completely removed from reality these people are :D

Guaranteed way to finish off E3 once and for all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There isn't a word that makes my teeth grind more than influencer.

Golden Joystick Awards voting is open.

https://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

Once complete, you get a link for a free bookazine. I was given a choice of the below.

Complete Guide to Fortnite - The ultimate guide to the biggest game around, this is everything you need to become a master at Fortnite. Packed with essentials tips, awesome advice and much more.

The Ultimate Guide to Minecraft - The Ultimate Guide to Minecraft we'll show you how to give your Minecraft world the complete medieval makeover.

Edge - The Annual - The essential guide to a year in videogames

A Hideo Kojima Book - The definitive guide to the series that redefined stealth gaming, subverted the rules of storytelling and disrupted the real-world cycle of pre-release hype and promotion – told by the journalists, developers and gamers who helped shape its place in history.

Retro Gamer Annual 2019 - In the Retro Gamer Annual, we’ve gone through the last 12 issues of your favourite magazine and picked the best of the year's content. Enjoy this selection of awesome features and fantastic interviews covering some of the industry’s defining games.

PC Gamer Annual 2019 - The PC Gamer Annual 2019 brings you the best of the last year of PC Gamer. Inside, you'll find our two massive yearly lists, running down the 100 greatest PC games and our favourite 50 free games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not seen anyone do a 21st century list before, kind of odd for some of the game at the cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RasTa wrote: »

MGSV?!

ixx0q60ezmg11.gif

Nope, not doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

RasTa wrote: »

Not enough strategy (Civ 5!!) and the one great strategy game they do have (AoE 2) came out last century :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not enough strategy (Civ 5!!) and the one great strategy game they do have (AoE 2) came out last century :D

What number is AOE2, can't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Varik wrote: »
    What number is AOE2, can't see it.

It's...not there.

Swear I saw it a few days ago -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Golden Joystick Awards voting is open.

https://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

Once complete, you get a link for a free bookazine. I was given a choice of the below.

here's a link to the Retro Annual

http://mos.futureplc.com/ABK2096.retro_gamer_annual_vol5.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Fallout 76. The gift that keeps on giving.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Civ VI is coming to console on 22nd November.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1176602992470089730

The iPad version got rave reviews for it's conversion, so I'm hopeful that they've cracked the controls on this. It helps that it's turn based, and not real time. Also hope that they've got M/KB support in there too, be handy to have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CatInABox wrote: »
    Civ VI is coming to console on 22nd November.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1176602992470089730

The iPad version got rave reviews for it's conversion, so I'm hopeful that they've cracked the controls on this. It helps that it's turn based, and not real time. Also hope that they've got M/KB support in there too, be handy to have the option.

It's been out on Switch for a while now. So can probably check reviews of that to see how it plays on console

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's been out on Switch for a while now. So can probably check reviews of that to see how it plays on console
    As I understand it, it's a slightly stripped down version . Biggest issue for some is that it doesn't have Multiplayer (or at least it didn't at launch) and the expansion content was missing.

Seems like it's been very well received though, so good for them. I don't trust the Switch or reviews about things on the Switch. There are too many people who seem determined to buy every game they already own for the Switch too, or demand that it be ported and that makes it look like some sort of weird capitalist cult to me... :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's more that the Switch is just such a nice system to use due to it's portability. It just makes more sense to have a game on it than be tied to a home console. If you had one and used it a lot you'd understand. I didn't get it until I actually bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As I understand it, it's a slightly stripped down version . Biggest issue for some is that it doesn't have Multiplayer (or at least it didn't at launch) and the expansion content was missing.

Seems like it's been very well received though, so good for them. I don't trust the Switch or reviews about things on the Switch. There are too many people who seem determined to buy every game they already own for the Switch too, or demand that it be ported and that makes it look like some sort of weird capitalist cult to me... :P

Yeah wasn't sure if you'd be interested, but just mentioned it as you were wondering how it controls on console, so reviews should give you an idea of how it controls on a console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement