Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Skerries wrote: »

2 hours of play is about right.
    Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

So no risk no buying a game before/during the sales and then it getting reduced further, no more waiting to the last day of the sales to get a game. Can buy it at 33% and then refund & rebuy at 66% a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That could be interpreted as buying for full price and then it going for sale.
    A discount followed by a bigger discount might not be covered. I could imagine it would generate too many requests during sale times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Monotype wrote: »
    That could be interpreted as buying for full price and then it going for sale.
    A discount followed by a bigger discount might not be covered. I could imagine it would generate too many requests during sale times.

I dunno if you've read what steam have said as I can't see how the above interpretation came about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I dunno if you've read what steam have said as I can't see how the above interpretation came about?

He means if you buy a game at 33% off and it soon drops to 66% off, would you be able to get the refund even though you already bought it on sale. I think.

Not sure if you had actually copped that but it does seem a bit grey to me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He means if you buy a game at 33% off and it soon drops to 66% off, would you be able to get the refund even though you already bought it on sale. I think.

Not sure if you had actually copped that but it does seem a bit grey to me

It doesn't seem that grey given that they've specifically used the example of a sale to highlight what won't be considered abuse, it's just an extension of what they've already put in print.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

I.e., if it is "on sale" in say one of their big sales, but gets a bigger discount, you might not be covered. I think they have in mind people who buy at full price and see 60% knocked off the following day.

Time will tell anyhow, but I certainly wouldn't rely on them to refund if a flash sale has a bigger discount - or be bothered complaining when they don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

some total war: warhammer news today

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

linky

4gLuS2M.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

linky

its an odd title to say cause it has war back to back

total war....warhammer

warhammer total war runs off the tongue easier

I think it needs at least another 2 or 3 "Wars" in the title personally, just to be clear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cormac... wrote: »
    I think it needs at least another 2 or 3 "Wars" in the title personally, just to be clear

War Total War Warhammer... War.

War

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

edwinpic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Good God y'all!

Super Meat Boy coming to PS4 and PS Vita and will be free on PS Plus at launch.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/08/super-meat-boy-is-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

Looking forward to getting this for the Vita when it's released.

Yay! Some non-Indie garbage. There I said it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yay! Some non-Indie garbage. There I said it :pac:
    Richy hated indie games too, Cormac.

He's not around anymore.

Just sayin'

gizmo wrote: »
    Richy hated indie games too, Cormac.

He's not around anymore.

Just sayin'

Tbf, Richy had a very distinctive prose style that always tethered on the edge of making sense that would be hard to miss if he came back with a new account.

He made some good points too you know! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tbf, Richy had a very distinctive prose style that always tethered on the edge of making sense that would be hard to miss if he came back with a new account.

I read gizmo's post more as a threat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Teaser for PvZ: Garden Warfare 2, gonna be revealed at the Microsoft E3 conference. Really liked the first, pretty fun game. Wonder how long the Xbone exclusivity will last, or will MS push for a pc release earlier?

Evolve brings out a second season pass, bad sign of things to come

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-18-evolve-is-getting-a-second-season-pass-next-week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah, but you didn't buy a Season Pass, you bought a Hunting Season Pass. That makes it ok.

Anyone who didn't expect this from Turtle Rock / 2K was seriously kidding themselves. They happily admit that they designed the game around DLC, and will absolutely take it to the extremes. They'll definitely release more season passes after this one as well. If people keep paying for it, they'll keep doing it.

No chance in hell i'll ever buy it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah, but you didn't buy a Season Pass, you bought a Hunting Season Pass. That makes it ok.

Anyone who didn't expect this from Turtle Rock / 2K was seriously kidding themselves. They happily admit that they designed the game around DLC, and will absolutely take it to the extremes. They'll definitely release more season passes after this one as well. If people keep paying for it, they'll keep doing it.

No chance in hell i'll ever buy it though.

Its like hunting in real life, everyone knows kraken season doesn't open until july, and runs till september. better buy your hunting licence now to avoid disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No no see, thats completely okay. Stop being an entitled gamer. They simply have to release a season pass. And then another one. In fact we should be grateful that its only two season passes. Really, we are lucky. DLC is the only way to make money. Dont you know this is how development really works? Where is that graph that proves it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure why not wait for the complete series box set, with commentary and extras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

There are four seasons in a year - makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We already knew this before the first dlc came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I don't get it.

The original Evolve Hunting Season Pass specifically included four Hunters and three additional monster skins. Each piece of content could be purchased separately or you could get all of it in the season pass for a saving of something like 25%.

Why on earth would people think that when they announce additional content it would be included in the first season pass? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement