Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't think I've watched anything on Netflix that contained nudity, apart from Love, Death and Robots.
    Their Marco Polo series had a decent amount of nudity, they were trying to get the Game of Thrones audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Altered carbon, and godless too from memory.

Think that Netflix understand what separates them from TV, they can and do sometimes prefer huge binging shows and they're not limited to certain view times/wathershed or sometimes arbitrary rating systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Who wouldn't want to see Henry Cavill taking a bath?

Dec 20th release, new trailer here including Henry in a bath :pac:

https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/1189935277659303936?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dec 20th release, new trailer here including Henry in a bath :pac:
    1xiiuk.jpg

That's super, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I must say, he's got the voice down. He moves in a very similar way to Geralt in combat.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Apparently Cavill plays games quite a bit so I'm sure he did plenty of 'research' ;)

Not feeling the dialogue in the trailer at all; 'mutant' for example seems like a very contemporary term to use. Some others were a bit cheesy too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PostWoke wrote: »
    Apparently Cavill plays games quite a bit so I'm sure he did plenty of 'research' ;)

Not feeling the dialogue in the trailer at all; 'mutant' for example seems like a very contemporary term to use. Some others were a bit cheesy too.

They use the term "mutant" in the books too.

He definitely seems to imitating game Geralt's voice a bit imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

PostWoke wrote: »

I heard a rumour/story once that he was actually late for an audition for the role because he'd been up all night playing it and over slept.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I heard a rumour/story once that he was actually late for an audition for the role because he'd been up all night playing it and over slept.

Or riding someone like Geralt would

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First thing i noticed were the missing feet but someone fixed it :pac:

https://twitter.com/redpandafan1983/status/1189944684660944896?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

marcbrophy wrote: »

Looks like Standard Netflix Series Trailer #4, I assume they have a macro or something that creates them. That RADA voice over if f***king awful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I tried to guess, and ended up Googling what they have already done, and it pointed me towards Reddit who believe this is God level trolling from Bluepoint. Gonna spoiler it just in case:
    - So calm - SOCOM
    - Night .. Symphony - Castelvania Symphony of the Night
    - resistance - Resistance Series
    - dart and black monsters - references to Legend of Dragoon
    - hills - Silent Hills
    - syphon ... filter - Syphon Filter
    - Monsters ... souls - Demon Souls
    - soft from - Fromsoft
    - eco-friendly - ICO
    - solid ... metal - Metal Gear Solid
    - return from shadow - not one, but two: could be hinting at two projects they’re working on after they finished Shadow of the Colossus
    - twisted ... metal - Twisted Metal

Possibly a hint at a PS All Stars 2 type game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

F**k me is that hinting at a Demons Souls remaster? Which was what everybody was expecting I suppose. Maybe Silent Hill also. Both would be great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Demon's Souls seems to be hinted at strongly there. Possibly MGS4 which would free it from the shackles of PS3 exclusivity.... although that game is awful and shouldn't be played by anyone. Syphon Filter as well... although those games have aged very poorly and were never very good to begin with. Same with Resistance.

Symphony of the night remaster? Would be nice to finally have that and Rondo of Blood on PC.

Unfortunately Legend of Dragoon is heavily hinted at as well. I hope Bluepoint are wasted on developing a remake of one of the worst and most soulless playstation RPGs of all time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope it's Demon's Souls, as that's a great game (or it was).

I also hope it's Legend of Dragoon, just for some reactions on here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kiith wrote: »
    I hope it's Demon's Souls, as that's a great game (or it was).

I also hope it's Legend of Dragoon, just for some reactions on here :P

If it is Denon Souls do we think it'll be PlayStation exclusive again.?

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Demon's Souls seems to be hinted at strongly there. Possibly MGS4 which would free it from the shackles of PS3 exclusivity.... although that game is awful and shouldn't be played by anyone. Syphon Filter as well... although those games have aged very poorly and were never very good to begin with. Same with Resistance.

Symphony of the night remaster? Would be nice to finally have that and Rondo of Blood on PC.

Unfortunately Legend of Dragoon is heavily hinted at as well. I hope Bluepoint are wasted on developing a remake of one of the worst and most soulless playstation RPGs of all time.

I know you hate the game but how on earth did you get MGS4 from the teaser :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

TitianGerm wrote: »

Sony own the IP, I think, so yes.
    Think Atlus and Bandai just published. Maybe the IP is shared but I can't see Sony agreeing for it to go on other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sony own the IP, I think, so yes.
    Think Atlus and Bandai just published. Maybe the IP is shared but I can't see Sony agreeing for it to go on other platforms.

I think I'll leave it so. Sold my PS4 last year and barely have time to play my PC let alone my Xbox or Switch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Logically I'd say it'd probably be the easiest MGS game to remaster. Bump up the visuals etc. With any of the older MGS games you're into almost rebuilding the game from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I imagine Sony have got them to remake Demon Souls for the PS5.

I think it's wishful thinking to remake MGS as they kinda have to mention Kojima & something like Silent Hills would be basically making it as new. Its unrealistic but I'd be more interested in a collection of those games more than a sole remake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TitianGerm wrote: »

Sony own the IP. Would be nice to have it on PC so it's forever preserved but I doubt Sony will do that and can imagine it as a launch window PS5 game.

It says Solid??? That's about it. And Bluepoint did sterling work on the MGS collection last gen. MGS4 is the only game trapped on its target platform.
    Penn wrote: »
    Logically I'd say it'd probably be the easiest MGS game to remaster. Bump up the visuals etc. With any of the older MGS games you're into almost rebuilding the game from scratch.

I heard the exact opposite. MGS4 and it's engine is so tied into the intricacies of the bananas PS3 hardware that the game is a total mess and would be a nightmare to convert to a modern platform, even with the source code.

If anyone can do it it would be Bluepoint.

In a way I'd love to see it remastered, just so it can get more retrospective reviews calling it out for the utter ****e it is and archiving purposes. IMO, it only got good reviews as it came out at a time when PS3 owners were crying out for a PS3 exclusive that was good, just to make their ridiculous 600 euro purchase seem worthwhile. They did get that, with Demon's Souls (and Valkyria chronicles). As for archiving purposes, I think the game is an excellent example of auteur folly when a revered creator surrounds themselves with yes men.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    In a way I'd love to see it remastered, just so it can get more retrospective reviews calling it out for the utter ****e it is and archiving purposes. IMO, it only got good reviews as it came out at a time when PS3 owners were crying out for a PS3 exclusive that was good, just to make their ridiculous 600 euro purchase seem worthwhile. They did get that, with Demon's Souls (and Valkyria chronicles). As for archiving purposes, I think the game is an excellent example of auteur folly when a revered creator surrounds themselves with yes men.

I loved the game (despite its flaws, some of which I agree with you on, some of which I don't). Played through it several times and enjoyed the hell out of doing so. I do think it'd get worse reviews now than it did at the time if it was remastered, but that's often the case regardless as games are judged on a different metric due to comparables. I'd definitely pick up a remaster of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

So calm this spooky night. A symphony of rumors - not one, but two - return from shadow. A resistance to dart home as black monsters escape twisted hills to wander lands and syphon souls. Filter your candy collections, soft from solid, and be eco-friendly. Have a metal Halloween.
    You're all wrong, it's clearly hinting at a Knack remaster.

gizmo wrote: »
    You're all wrong, it's clearly hinting at a Knack remaster.

Sony outdoing the pointlessness of the Medieval remaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Syphon, Solid, Souls, and Symphony, boy that's a troll.

Would be great if they hired enough to split off to four teams and are remaking them all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

The Nioh 2 Demo is now available to download on the Playstation Store

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sony outdoing the pointlessness of the Medieval remaster.
    To be honest, from the perspective of someone who never played the original and digs the Burton-esque theme, I was ok with the project existing, even if it ultimately ended up being a remaster of a 6/7 out of 10 game. Do you have stronger opinions on it?

• Advertisement

You pretty much summed it up. It wasn't a bad game but even at the time it was so bland and uninspiring that I doubt anyone was clambering for a remake unlike Crash and Spyro. The fact they kept it so faithful when it's aged so badly is even more baffling, a ground up remake could have been more interesting.

Then there's the comments from Sony about how it was going to be just like Dark Souls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement