Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gizmo wrote: »
    I don't get it.

The original Evolve Hunting Season Pass specifically included four Hunters and three additional monster skins. Each piece of content could be purchased separately or you could get all of it in the season pass for a saving of something like 25%.

Why on earth would people think that when they announce additional content it would be included in the first season pass? :confused:

Don't think that's the issue, the new content was announced with the new season pass. I think it's more that there is more dlc after it already having a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Varik wrote: »
    Don't think that's the issue, the new content was announced with the new season pass. I think it's more that there is more dlc after it already having a lot.
    Has there been a lot though? Looking at the list it doesn't seem like a particularly large amount. Just the two skin packs, the additional Hunters and the pre-order monster, no?

Granted the way it was handled at launch was utterly absurd but I'm just curious as to what, exactly, people are angry about in this instance.

gizmo wrote: »
    Has there been a lot though? Looking at the list it doesn't seem like a particularly large amount. Just the two skin packs, the additional Hunters and the pre-order monster, no?

Granted the way it was handled at launch was utterly absurd but I'm just curious as to what, exactly, people are angry about in this instance.

Cant remember the number but there was some ridiculous $ amount attributed to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Cant remember the number but there was some ridiculous $ amount attributed to them all.

90% were skins which I don't see as an issue. Also I remember that price including bundle of skins too.

So it'd be like buying individual skins and the bundled skins pack of those skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yea, the figure for all of the skins, and evidently skin packs, which were available at launch appears to be $130 in total, a frankly ridiculous figure.

Again though, this has little to do with the actual meaningful content included in the Season Passes, namely the new Hunters and monster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah come on now lads in fairness :pac:

Guess I'll see you about a year or so Evolve when I can get the complete pack for ~€70

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think that most people will wait 5 years when the lot is €2.50... or when they decide to make it free to play and just make money purely from DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mario in unreal 4 engine, its fcuking weird!!!

The running cycle is still hella annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Just discovered that youtube videos are available in 60fps now on my Moto G and other android devices. :)

Still only 30fps on ios though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Someone is making Resident Evil 2 in Unreal Engine 4 and will be releasing it for free when it is finished

The lighting (of lack there of) is utter garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Cormac... wrote: »
    The lighting (of lack there of) is utter garbage.

I could see that getting very annoying very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NPD have released the top selling games in the US for the first 6 months of the year, number one is probably not what most would of guessed.
    1. Mortal Kombat X (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
    2. Grand Theft Auto V (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
    3. Battlefield Hardline (Publisher: Electronic Arts)
    4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Publisher: Activision)
    5. Minecraft (Publisher: Microsoft)
    6. Batman: Arkham Knight (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
    7. Dying Light (Publisher: Warner Bros.)
    8. NBA 2K15 (Publisher: Take-Two Interactive Software)
    9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Publisher: CD Projekt Red)
    10. Super Smash Bros. (Publisher: Nintendo)

Top selling games for the first 5 months of the year in the EU.
    1. Grand Theft Auto V
    2. FIFA 15
    3. Minecraft
    4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    5. Battlefield: Hardline
    6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    7. Far Cry 4
    8. Dying Light
    9. Dragon Ball Xenoverse
    10. The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask

Retail sales only, digital sales are not included for either list

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Xenji wrote: »
    NPD have released the top selling games in the US for the first 6 months of the year, number one is probably not what most would of guessed.

Top selling games for the first 5 months of the year in the EU.

Retail sales only.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Burgo wrote: »
    Retail sales only.

Yeah meant to add that, NPD two years after announcing they planned on incorporating digital sales, still do not use them, digital sales are also excluded from the EU list.

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah meant to add that, NPD two years after announcing they planned on incorporating digital sales, still do not use them, digital sales are also excluded from the EU list.

They can plan what they like but it's not like they can force Steam, Sony, MS to give out numbers when they don't want to.

Right now the platform holder just give relative sales figures for software.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Not exactly news, but I feel Adam and Bruce from The Know hit the nail on the head with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Not exactly news, but I feel Adam and Bruce from The Know hit the nail on the head with this one.

Oh God this is all so crushingly plausible.

One thing that I find odd: they say there are 10 people working on it, but the only thing that is done is the script. Those 10 people are hardly sitting around constantly polishing the story, so it's being worked on, surely?

I know 10 isn't a huge number for a big title, but then again there have been fully fledged games made entirely by one, two or three man teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Zillah wrote: »
    Oh God this is all so crushingly plausible.

One thing that I find odd: they say there are 10 people working on it, but the only thing that is done is the script. Those 10 people are hardly sitting around constantly polishing the story, so it's being worked on, surely?

I know 10 isn't a huge number for a big title, but then again there have been fully fledged games made entirely by one, two or three man teams.

I think they mean the script is ready and the small team are working on the game.

For Half life 3 - 10 people is a tiny team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sonics2k wrote: »

No sorry those reasons are bs well sort of bs

I can believe the 10 man team and the development lagging and the money making issue but not because valve want to bury it, but that development is probably working around a core mechanic for the wider community

Valve have clearly shown recently that they try to expand their base with each new title Valve throws out some micro transaction element that they use as a solid revenue base. I imagine this is the problem, half life 3 is a big expected story conclusion and management want some sort of system put it that it can be financially viable beyond simply purchasing the base game.

The other option is they'll push half life 3 when they feel they need to move up to a new standard in Source and use it as the poster child of the new engine (which what half life 2 was) but it doesnt look like they need a new engine anytime soon and the constant steam surveys show they dont need to rush out to meet any new demand. The only other possible pressure is from consoles and considering Valve is pushing steam machines they wont listen to them.

The mass effect 3/gamers hate premise is completely bollocks though, the hate on bioware for mass effect 3 didnt affect their rep (see Dragons age inquisition hype) and beside Valve are in the same ballpark as Blizzard and not Bioware (who have EA on them) where neither company have any pressure on them (hell more then blizzard cause they have activision on their shoulder) and Blizzard have constantly messed up things with their fanbase (see Diablo 3) and gotten a free pass in terms of sales and being forgiven in the long run. And that isnt a *long ago* scenario that was within the last 2 years.

Half Life 3 will show up once some smart person in valve finds a way to merge single player gameplay with micro transactions without looking like a prick like EA (see Dead Space 3) either that or they come up with a multiplayer game with such potential but without the selling power by itself and they couple the two like how they did with the orange box.

essentially what they tried with paid mods in Skyrim...They want that in Half Life 3 without setting off the player base.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

I think its silly that the video title and still image say its never coming out, when they clearly say it might come out in the future in the video.

Probably won't win many friends with this but I couldn't give a flying cr@p at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jane McGonigal on Joe Rogan discussing how she used her game designing skills to help overcome her traumatic brain injury.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/jane-mcgonigal

I wish Joe Rogan would go away.......

There....

I said it

Cormac... wrote: »
    I wish Joe Rogan would go away.......

There....

I said it

Fair enough. His podcasts can be quite repetitive at times and I can take it or leave it but I thought it might be of interest to people here considering what it's about.

Fair enough. His podcasts can be quite repetitive at times and I can take it or leave it but I thought it might be of interest to people here considering what it's about.

Agreed, just felt I need to get that off my chest :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I don't mind Joe Rogan until I see one of his facebook posts. Then I remember why I think he's a bit of a knob.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement