Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't visited Gametrailers since Invisible Walls and Bonus round ended. You can't even go back and watch the old episodes on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ShaneU wrote: »
    Haven't visited Gametrailers since Invisible Walls and Bonus round ended. You can't even go back and watch the old episodes on the site.

They were after making some big changes to the backend of the site. Unfortunately you won't be getting them now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Sad to see GameTrailers close. Used the site since it started, back in my college days.
    Acutally enjoyed the latest iteration with all the videos posted to youtube.
    They had a nice core of nerd gamers, each with their own niche.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I used to love GameTrailers back in the day, especially around the game shows. Shame to see it go, but i'm guessing a lot of people haven't really visited the site in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's mad, GT was always my go to site for reviews and new vids. Then they brought in a new format where you could only watch HD vids in full screen and that wasn't always ideal. Also the reviews went rightly downhill. I had mostly agreed with them in the past but recently disagreed with most so stopped going to the site altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Used to go onto GT all the time but other than E3/shows haven't in a long while, don't personally view anything outside of youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It's a shame. I'm hoping Kyle Bosman can go the Jim Sterling route.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sad to see it go but is a sign of the changing of the industry i suppose. Like other used to go there for years for E3 streams plus their video reviews were by far the best for quite a while.

Read a comment by on of the ppl there and sounds like the staff were only told an hour or two before the announcement which is super ****ty for them. Don't think any had any idea something of this scale was coming.

Ya, Bloodworth was married over the weekend and found out on his honeymoon.
    Bad timing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was literally watching GT Time when I saw the news. Their content the last while was excellent. The dream scenario is they all do something together but that is probably foolish to hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Really sad to hear about this, they were pretty much the only gaming videos or podcast or anything I watched these days.

I used the site a LOT back around 2008ish but at some point they broke all their user features like user videos, user blogs and factions sub forums

From then on the forums just fell apart with less and less features working and users left the site in droves

I loved what they'd been doing recently with their streams, huber hype, final bosman etc and I really hope they can at least keep some of the staff together and create some of that stuff with support from the fans. I'm sure we'll muster up more support than Defy or Viacom ever did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sad to hear this, really enjoyed the Final Bosman. Hopefully Kyle can continue the show at some stage down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Sad news, end of an era, they were my go to site for reviews for a long time.

I love how their last video was a re-review of Bloodborne.
    Only game to get a perfect 10 from GT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I love how their last video was a re-review of Bloodborne.
    Only game to get a perfect 10 from GT.

It was their first, and last 10/10 :(

I really hope at least some go down the patreon route. It'll be a little disappointing to see them all go their separate ways as they had such great chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just sow this on kotoku. I can't believe it's gone. I used the. So much. They always had such quality shows. Ben was amazing g at reviews too. I really hope lads will do something on YouTube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are gametrailers the spanners that were jizzing themselves over FF7 at E15 last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Are gametrailers the spanners that were jizzing themselves over FF7 at E15 last year?

ewveryone was jizzing themselves over it

ewveryone was jizzing themselves over it

But they were the ones making complete eejits out of themselves climbing over their chairs, weren't they? They looked like complete sacks.

• Advertisement

But they were the ones making complete eejits out of themselves climbing over their chairs, weren't they? They looked like complete sacks.

I'll miss that to be honest. They were probably the only main gaming site that were unashamedly geeking out over these announcements.
    You could go to plenty of other sites for the level headed analysis.

I always think it's odd how people get annoyed at other people getting excited over something.

You could go to plenty of other sites for the level headed analysis.

That's obviously what everyone was doing hence no more gametrailers…

tok9 wrote: »
    I always think it's odd how people get annoyed at other people getting excited over something.

Yeah, whatever. I'm sure loads of other people think it's the bees knees but it's not for me. It's that kind of 'Look at me, I'm such an excitable nerd fanboy' overemoting that would put me off ever going near their website or youtube channel. Maybe I'm dead inside but I can get excited about games without feeling the need to crawl over furniture about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Yeah, whatever. I'm sure loads of other people think it's the bees knees but it's not for me. It's that kind of 'Look at me, I'm such an excitable nerd fanboy' overemoting that would put me off ever going near their website or youtube channel. Maybe I'm dead inside but I can get excited about games without feeling the need to crawl over furniture about it.

Yes it was a bit over the top but, if you'd watched these guys for the previous few years, these were the games they always joked about see at each E3 and every year there was nothing. Then about 3 of these games get announced at once. It was a nice way to end their E3 live coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

what the world really needs is miserable bastards, we just dont have enough

Sieghardt wrote: »
    what the world really needs is miserable bastards, we just dont have enough

Haha, yeah, well obviously their brand of geeky over exuberance was a winner for them. Oh, wait…

Haha, yeah, well obviously their brand of geeky over exuberance was a winner for them. Oh, wait…

Ah, believe me that's not the reason why it shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Maybe it's because they tried to charge money for standard HTML5 video? Or am I remebering another site...

Their videos never loaded for me half the time and the site was slow, encumbersome and ugly. That's all I really remember. Oh well if they liked games as much as people here seem to be saying then all the best for them in the future if they decide to try again with something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Maybe it's because they tried to charge money for standard HTML5 video? Or am I remebering another site...

Their videos never loaded for me half the time and the site was slow, encumbersome and ugly. That's all I really remember. Oh well if they liked games as much as people here seem to be saying then all the best for them in the future if they decide to try again with something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement