Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

pixelburp wrote: »
    My immediate wondering on a RE live-action series is just how tongue in cheek it will be: certainly prior to the 7th entry the games played events with a distinct line of the absurd, bordering on the goofy in places. Playing a live-action series razor straight would feel like something important was missing in translation.

I have the exact same worry about the RE4 remake, one of the many reasons that I consider it a masterpiece is because of how goofy it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Markitron wrote: »
    As an RE superfan I will certainly give it a go, but seriously, would it ****ing kill them to start off with the Spencer Mansion incident?

Capcom have been weirdly reluctant to have other media adapt the video game storylines directly, which I could understand when the films came out and the plot wasn’t an incoherent mess-but now surely would have been fine for a live action retelling of the downfall of Raccoon City?

McFly85 wrote: »
    Capcom have been weirdly reluctant to have other media adapt the video game storylines directly, which I could understand when the films came out and the plot wasn’t an incoherent mess-but now surely would have been fine for a live action retelling of the downfall of Raccoon City?

I think it would get a lot of fans onside right from the start, even if its not amazing at least they will have tried. They might do it in this series and just want to build up to it though, I will keep an open mind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The wesker kids? Jesus christ :rolleyes:

nix wrote: »

Tbh I am more put off by the post-apocalyptic timeline. It kinda rules out vague adaptations of the games, as no apocalypse ever actually happened in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I want to see a chopper land, special forces group looking for their other team, taking refuge in the Spencer mansion, jill almost becoming a jill sandwich, Hunter chasing them through the house, fight with tyrant and then into 2. Probably wouldn't convert well to 8x1 hour episodes.

The wesker kids sounds cringey but the 2 timelines could be interesting. I'll definitely watch it but my expectations are on the floor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm more disturbed that Wesker has sex.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight about Wesker raw dogging and shouting 'Complete Global Saturation' mid coitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I'm going to have nightmares tonight about Wesker raw dogging and shouting 'Complete Global Saturation' mid coitus.

Isn't that how everyone does it? :confused:

Retr0gamer wrote: »

They are almost certainly going to be vat-grown clones, which he refers to as his children, just like Palpatine.

Purity restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Isn't that how everyone does it? :confused:

b63ee14fe8d4fa46df7282ad15000b68.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Evil Genius 2 delayed until 2021, due to some global pandemic or other.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Markitron wrote: »
    They are almost certainly going to be vat-grown clones, which he refers to as his children, just like Palpatine.

Purity restored.

Maybe.

But it won't stop the nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/musashinoelegy/status/1298957012743708672?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wouldn't Wesker kids suggest it could be pretty toned down.
    Then post apocalyptic makes me think of the movies.

They will probably be enrolled in Umbrella High or some bullsh!t and half the cast of Stranger things will be in it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They will probably be enrolled in Umbrella High or some bullsh!t and half the cast of Stranger things will be in it :rolleyes:

If Netflix, then wouldn't it be Umbrella Academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

CastorTroy wrote: »

imouttahere.gif

CastorTroy wrote: »

Likely the crossover nobody wanted that will happen after whatever season they do their leaving cert :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In case you didn’t like Mark Brown of Game Maker’s Toolkit enough, he just... persuaded Notch to delete his Twitter account?

A mercy killing if ever there was one.

https://twitter.com/gamemakerstk/status/1299318360505749504?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

GMTK did "politics"? :confused: Or is this just referring to his Twitter account, cos I'd not have said the actual video content was ever remotely "political" - unless his various "hooray for games with accessibility options" is now a bridge too far for Twitter chuds...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

pixelburp wrote: »
    GMTK did "politics"? :confused: Or is this just referring to his Twitter account, cos I'd not have said the actual video content was ever remotely "political" - unless his various "hooray for games with accessibility options" is now a bridge too far for Twitter chuds...

It’s all a bit bizarre. Notch seemed to think GMTK rejecting ads was ‘political’ and a weird exchange followed. GMTK obviously being insincere but Notch serious?

The internet is a stupid place, but a bit less stupid without Notch’s twitter account.

https://twitter.com/gamemakerstk/status/1299323212401082370?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

GMTK put ads on their video and a lot were political ads, including Trump reelection ads. GMTK bitched about it and particularly about trump and his ads in a lot of now deleted tweets. Cleaned up prior tweets with most of the US ones now deleted, few left for UK politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ubisoft's "God's & Monsters" has been renamed "Immortals: Fenyx Rising"

No update on what controversy Ubisoft will have caused with this game, but give them time and I'm sure something will come out.

Penn wrote: »
    Ubisoft's "God's & Monsters" has been renamed "Immortals: Fenyx Rising"

No update on what controversy Ubisoft will have caused with this game, but give them time and I'm sure something will come out.

I was really looking forward to this game, but it seems that every few days there is a new piece of info that makes me more and more ashamed to enjoy Ubisoft games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I thought this had already been mooted, but Bloomberg are saying that AT&T are set to scrap the sale of WB Games.

Vlambeer calling it a day (seemingly on their own terms) after their next game. Luftrausers, Ridiculous Fishing, Nuclear Throne... not a bad run at all :)

https://twitter.com/vlambeer/status/1300840760296837120?s=21
    It's not a sad day for us, but the happy conclusion to a whirlwind decade filled with screenshake. It feels like we've achieved what we set out to do - as a studio, as a voice, and as individuals, and we are extremely grateful for these past years.

Best of luck to ‘em both! Had always wondered how Rami Ismail actually found time for development with all the travel and tweeting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

In case you didn’t like Mark Brown of Game Maker’s Toolkit enough, he just... persuaded Notch to delete his Twitter account?

Why would that make me dislike him?
    That's all on notch.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why would that make me dislike him?
    That's all on notch.

He means that we'll like him more. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement