Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Everyone who has left twitter seems happier about it. Twitter goblins seem to happy he's off it, too. Everyone wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Everyone who has left twitter seems happier about it. Twitter goblins seem to happy he's off it, too. Everyone wins.
    I got kicked from twitter 2 years ago for a very VERY minor go I had at someone that was harrassing someone else on the thread. I was asked to re-register but No-Way am I being part of something that rediculous with Facsist watchdogs
    I told a Pr**k to take a long walk off a short peer and was accused of inciting self harm. Twitter is an absolute joke nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I just get banned for not giving them my phone number. Literally zero tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm not sure how I have never been banned, I only ever used twitter to troll

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://twitter.com/TheSixthAxis/status/1301508604785291264?s=19

Nintendo have announced the long-expected Super Mario 3D All-Stars remaster bundle, bringing together Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy into a single package to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

The Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be out for Nintendo Switch on 18th September, with the physical release a limited-time production and the digital version only on sale until the end of March 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

3D world also getting a release with additions.

And a Mario battle royale type game for 35 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    3D world also getting a release with additions.

And a Mario battle royale type game for 35 people.

It is indeed in February. Packaged with 'Bowsers Fury', with no info yet as to what that is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s next-gen year, and the most exciting releases are a Mario HD collection and THPS 1+ 2.

I don’t even mean that as a diss on the next gen - the 3D Mario games and THPS are just the absolute ****ing best.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

https://twitter.com/TheSixthAxis/status/1301508604785291264?s=19

Nintendo have announced the long-expected Super Mario 3D All-Stars remaster bundle, bringing together Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy into a single package to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

The Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be out for Nintendo Switch on 18th September, with the physical release a limited-time production and the digital version only on sale until the end of March 2021.

That’s class, although I wish they would’ve updated 64 more.

It’s next-gen year, and the most exciting releases are a Mario HD collection and THPS 1+ 2.

I don’t even mean that as a diss on the next gen - the 3D Mario games and THPS are just the absolute ****ing best.

Not for everyone, THPS - the only thing I really loved about those games at the time was the soundtracks if I'm honest, skateboards are not a draw for me really and I remember getting bored of the actual gameplay pretty fast. Mario, I did enjoy, a lot! but can't see me trawling through all of that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Never played a Tony Hawks game. The genre doesn't interest me at all, and I only ever played 1 BMX game, that being BMX XXX and was really only playing it for the softcore nudey pics at the time. What a day it was when you eventually manage to get the topless version of your female BMX rider...

But the 3D All-Stars might finally make me purchase a Switch. Super Mario All-Stars was the game that came with my first SNES, so it would nearly be like re-living that memory if I was to get this. Kinda want them to release a bundle that comes with the retro look and colour scheme!

71aZDcxNUdL._AC_SL1322_.jpg

Edit: I can understand a limited physical release, but I've read that the digital will only be available until March?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Goddamn Super Mario Allstars was so class. I miss the days of NES and SNES.

The real console war!!!

Have to admit, I was team Sega [Mega Drive as we called it here] all the way for a long time, not until the 64 turned up did I turn, and it wasn't for Mario, but Zelda: OOT

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Goddamn Super Mario Allstars was so class. I miss the days of NES and SNES.

It's now available as part of Switch Online.

So now that Nintendo have finally broken their silence, will Sony or Microsoft be next?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow, that's pretty cool. I didn't do either of the DLCs as I wanted to move on to other things after the main story, but I'd probably jump back into it with a PS5 upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The release dates for Spelunky 2 have been announced;

PS4 - Sep 15th
    PC - Sep 29th.

This has been posted in the W3 thread earlier, great news. As someone in there pondered though, hope this won't be restricted to those who bought the GOTY ed.

Penn wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I didn't do either of the DLCs as I wanted to move on to other things after the main story, but I'd probably jump back into it with a PS5 upgrade.

I just started the first of the DLC, Hearts of Stone, so far really enjoying it. now I feel like I might wait for this enhancement

Was just thinking about the Blade Runner Enhanced Edition that was announced before lockdown but not heard anything since, most likely due to stupid covid, so i googled it and saw a video comparing old and new cinematics will be airing on 7th September.

Anyone hear anything else on the project that is supposedly releasing this year?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I give it a year before companies "kindly" offer a small "advert free experience" microtransaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

'Member NFSU2? I 'member the special paintjobs for Burger King and Cingular.

Member the Eircom ads in one of the Skate games ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »

Don't mind that, the real thing is covered in ads.

In GTA I wouldn't want real ads but I'd say I'd be fine with real mixed in with fake for something like the spiderman games for time square.

I very much mind it when some major modes were removed and a dev said they get the same budget for every game so when they improve a feature or add a mode, they may need to remove something else yet EA have no problem taking extra cash from The Boys. UFC 4 was a kick in the teeth for long time fans with the **** they pulled, this is just the cherry on top. They did the same in the last one, just EA being EA.

I don't plan on buying it, but I see ones defending it saying it's like the real thing. But what's to stop them having "Words from our sponsors" like the real thing? I remember youtube would just have banner ads during their videos but now they have video ads, lately with some lasting an hour or more

Also to put into perspective, 2K do a far ****tier take on ads. Brands are plastered absolutely everywhere and kat year, months after release started adding unskippable ads for tv shows when loading a game. Loading might finish but you gotta watch this first. I have no problem with that in free to play but not after dropping 70 quid, i don't care how realistic the ad placement is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also to put into perspective, 2K so a far ****tier take on ads. Brands are plastered absolutely everywhere and kat year, months after release started adding unskippable ads for tv shows when loading a game. Loading might finish but you gotta watch this first. I have no problem with that in free to post but not Street dropping 70 quid, i don't get how realistic the ad placement is.

That is just insane in a game you've paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's a weird complaint that because the real sport is submerged with ads (yay?) that the games should mirror that greed? Sports "simulations" seem to have fallen into a slightly perverse sense of verisimilitude in these yearly iterations. I miss the days of ISS and the like unashamed in simply aping the real players / teams. As said above, feels like it's a matter of time before a microtransaction contains the "generosity" to turn off the adverts. Not like it doesn't already exist int he mobile, freemium space.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement