Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ads on the mat or in background billboards etc I wouldnt mind. Things popping up between replays and above the game hud can f*ck right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I won't say the one showing up during the replay is excusable but the popup during the gameplay is another. It's small but it's still an ad which is designed to attract your eye. It may happen in the real thing while watching on tv, but you're not controlling the fighters in a real match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The only game im interested in from EA this year is the mass effect series remaster.

They are so bad I do wonder will they shove a ton of MTs in there where there were none before.

Like remaking a game and then remastering its MTs would be just like them. If they do ive decided to just play the old ones with mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

EoinHef wrote: »
    The only game im interested in from EA this year is the mass effect series remaster.

They are so bad I do wonder will they shove a ton of MTs in there where there were none before.

Like remaking a game and then remastering its MTs would be just like them. If they do ive decided to just play the old ones with mods.

Was this announced? All Googles says is leaks and rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was this announced? All Googles says is leaks and rumours.

Leaks say it was scheduled for a an October release but no they haven't announced anything official.

I should have said rumored remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

EoinHef wrote: »
    Leaks say it was scheduled for a an October release but no they haven't announced anything official.

I should have said rumored remake.

I think it will be just a barebones re-release not too dissimilar to what Nintendo are doing with Mario. They will hate selling those 3 games (presumably with all of the DLC) for €60 so they will absolutely halfass the effort on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don’t know why they’d release the trilogy remaster when the second is the only one worth playing.

*runs from thread, never to return*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don’t know why they’d release the trilogy remaster when the second is the only one worth playing.

ME3 has better gun-play than most 3rd-person shooters, even today IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ME3 has better gun-play than most 3rd-person shooters, even today IMHO

I decided to play ME1 & 2 in the run up to ME3 but missed releases, I still got it and while I didn't play the SP until I'd ME2 finished I did put a lot of time into ME3 mp and the gameplay stands on it own there.

I'd make a guess that EA aren't going to be spending time remastering an old game on old engines if done in house. I'd think they be using this as an excessive to properly adapt the frostbite engine to RPGs, compared to the 2 ad hoc jerry rigged attempts with the last ME and Dragon age games.

It'd be on the frostbite engine and more remake than remaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played 2 again last year, was so epic. The story, characters, side missions and ending. How did they do so wrong with Andromeda.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

EA removes ads from UFC 4 replays and overlay
    I’m part of the Community team here at EA and I wanted to post here and give you all an update on this situation. Earlier this week, the team turned on ad placements in EA SPORTS UFC 4 that appeared during the “Replay” moments in gameplay. This type of advertising inventory is not new to the UFC franchise, though we have typically reserved displaying ads to specific main menu tiles or Octagon logo placement. It is abundantly clear from your feedback that integrating ads into the Replay and overlay experience is not welcome. The advertisements have been disabled by the team and we apologize for any disruption to gameplay that players may have experienced. We realize that this should have been communicated with players ahead of time and that’s on us. We want to make sure our players have the best possible experience playing EA SPORTS UFC 4, so ad integration in the Replay and overlay experience will not be reappearing in the future. Thank you for your continued feedback on EA SPORTS UFC 4.

Translation:

"We made a few quid and we are super awesome for listening to our fans"

**** off EA and give the UFC license to another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I don't even consider this a slightly controversial opinion, and I really like the other two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only the Games Industry would try to pat itself on the back for solving a problem it created. Just shows the contempt with which companies like EA hold its fans of those yearly Sports games. It's patently obvious AAA companies look at their customer base as pockets to be picked.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Only the Games Industry would try to pat itself on the back for solving a problem it created. Just shows the contempt with which companies like EA hold its fans of those yearly Sports games. It's patently obvious AAA companies look at their customer base as pockets to be picked.

They announced Jedi Fallen Order with a tweet that proudly proclaimed that it had no microtransactions and no lootboxes, both of which they essentially popularised in the first place.

At a time when every games company seems to be falling over itself to take EA's title as the absolute worst in the business, all they have to do is stay out of the spotlight and let it happen, and they can't even do that.

Yeah, talking about how they want users to have the best experience. Who thought ads would make the experience better in any way?

On another note, I was on a site looking up latest games and they have a genre filter. So was just clicking through each genre to see the latest in ones like Sci Fi, action, horror, etc.
    Most recent game on the list for horror? NBA 2K21.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, talking about how they want users to have the best experience. Who thought ads would make the experience better in any way?
    Absolutely no one. Marketing, on the other hand, would have flexed their considerable muscle and gotten this pushed through, arguing that there was no push-back when they ran test ads in UFC 3 and touting the increased revenue it would bring. Rather glad the entire thing has blown up in their faces as that kind of advertising injected into the actual game-flow is ****ing gross.

I can see why they think they could have gotten away with it. For years now Activision have been launching games without MTX, only to add them a month or two after release to avoid the heat at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

I remember that when I first heard about WoW subscription model I thought well that's the worst thing ever. Little did I know at the time :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

A video showing the different between the original Blade Runner game and the upcoming enhanced edition.

I think the blocky picture of the original is actually a better fit for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Azza wrote: »
    A video showing the different between the original Blade Runner game and the upcoming enhanced edition.

I think the blocky picture of the original is actually a better fit for the game.

You know your getting old when you can't tell the bloody difference :pac:

The one on the right looks a tad bit sharper, I think. is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's patently obvious AAA companies look at their customer base as pockets to be picked.

Thats certainly true of EA, it's easy to see why when you see how much money they make with their Fifa ultimate team

Yeah i struggled to find the difference in some scenes and sometimes i felt the old one looked better. Bit of a weird showcase and zero update it's progress/release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Ubisoft Forward event this Thursday 10th Sept, 8pm Irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Ubisoft Forward event this Thursday 10th Sept, 8pm Irish time

Maybe they're going to tell us about some of their AAAA games?! :pac:

Seriously though, I want a good look at Gods and Monsters (or whatever the new name is... Fenyx Rising?).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Maybe they're going to tell us about some of their AAAA games?! :pac:

Seriously though, I want a good look at Gods and Monsters (or whatever the new name is... Fenyx Rising?).

Supposedly they will announce a new Prince of Persia game, Jason Schreier confirmed in his latest podcast that the leak from a few weeks ago was real

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Supposedly they will announce a new Prince of Persia game, Jason Schreier confirmed in his latest podcast that the leak from a few weeks ago was real

Oh, as in brand new? I heard about the remaster rumours alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ubi's event will probably include news on Uplay+ on Stadia, from what I read :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement