Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh you sweet ignorant children. You are so lucky to have never played Grandia 3 and experienced the actual worst protagonist ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh you sweet ignorant children. You are so lucky to have never played Grandia 3 and experienced the actual worst protagonist ever.

I just assumed we were disregarding JRPGs, otherwise no other genre would get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ubi dev: "you know what fans of the watch dogs series would love? The chance to play as Aidan Pearce in Legion as a continuation from the 1st game"

Ubi exec: "great idea! But only make him available in the season pass so we can make more money out of the fans who have been with us from the start"

**** sake Ubi.

I know it seems a bit like that alright, but it was actually a response to fans asking for him to come back.
    He was never meant to be part of the game, so they've kept his story for DLC.

Should be free though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I know it seems a bit like that alright, but it was actually a response to fans asking for him to come back.
    He was never meant to be part of the game, so they've kept his story for DLC.

Should be free though :D

Yea, they can't frame this as giving the fans what they want when they are charging them. At least they are not sexually assaulting or bullying them though, swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rainbow Six will run at 4k 120fps & be a free upgrade/carry-over for current-gen owners.

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1304139250196242433

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/PanzerDragoonRE/status/1304386038249521152

FINALLY!!
    Game released on Switch a while ago & the ports were in limbo, glad it's coming to GOG.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

FINALLY!!
    Game released on Switch a while ago & the ports were in limbo, glad it's coming to GOG.

I've been waiting on the announcement of the inevitable steam release. I mean if it is coming to other platforms why not say it is?

As for Panzer Dragoon as the biggest fanboy of the series the first game is... meh and a product of its time. It's a grand quick blast that's pretty easy until the insane difficulty spike of the final level.

There is remake of Panzer Dragoon Zwei by the same team in the works and that game is a contender for best rail shooter of all time, up there with Starfox 64, the Sin and Punishment games and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

I really just hope both do well enough to give us a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake. I just want more people to play and talk about what might be my favourite game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rainbow Six will run at 4k 120fps & be a free upgrade/carry-over for current-gen owners.

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1304139250196242433

while great, I'm more annoyed that they dont have cross save, or at the very least, allow you to migrate your accounts and purchases over from console to console to pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

I've been waiting on the announcement of the inevitable steam release. I mean if it is coming to other platforms why not say it is?

As for Panzer Dragoon as the biggest fanboy of the series the first game is... meh and a product of its time. It's a grand quick blast that's pretty easy until the insane difficulty spike of the final level.

There is remake of Panzer Dragoon Zwei by the same team in the works and that game is a contender for best rail shooter of all time, up there with Starfox 64, the Sin and Punishment games and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

I really just hope both do well enough to give us a Panzer Dragoon Saga remake. I just want more people to play and talk about what might be my favourite game ever.

Do not forget there is a Panzar Dragoon VR game coming March 2021 .. well according to Polygon called Panzer Dragoon Voyage Record :)

https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/10/21173537/panzer-dragoon-vr-voyage-record-release-date-sega

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I would love a proper full remake of Saga. Amazing game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Surely the worst main character was from GTA - the character didn’t talk for some reason ! It was liberty city. The GTA before vice city

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Surely the worst main character was from GTA - the character didn’t talk for some reason ! It was liberty city. The GTA before vice city

Claude was class, no shyte talk, all action. Although nearly all, if not all, Rockstar main characters will never be the best as they basically are just fetch dogs doing whatever is asked of them.

I'd say Gordon Freeman is the best character in gaming, another mute. Nerdy scientist turned alien killing badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Nathan Hale from the Resistance series is still my avatar on PSN. Alloy was a great character. I think Tifa from FF7 is probably my favourite as she beat the Ruby Weapon in the original FF7 when I didn't understand the mechanics and the outfit.

Alloy and her awful trying to hard to be Josh whedon quips annoy me so much. Smug ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

not all heroes wear capes
    I really like Josh Whedon, maybe that's my problem
    I should qualify I don't "get" the Avengers stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Indeed, some wear iconic caps.

If they were going to bring anyone back from the original game it should have been T-Bone, at least he had a ****ing personality.

On the subject of PoP looking rather disappointing, it appears they've tasked development to their Pune and Mumbai studios, neither of which have actually led development on a major title yet. The level of remake seems bizarre too, they're rebuilding it in AnvilNext and shooting new mocap for it but the level of detail, or lack thereof, really stood out while watching the trailer. Even in close up shots it looks like the game is running with what one would normally see with very low graphical settings across the board. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,103 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gamestop set to close over 400 stores worldwide

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/10/investing/gamestop-store-closures/index.html
    Crap for employees of course, but not exactly good incentive to preorder the new consoles from them.

Unless that's now part of their plan. Have people preorder and put down a deposit before announcing the store is closing and making it as awkward as anything to get the deposit back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They were already planning to close 320 though, so it is up a little on that estimate!
    They also still have 5,122 shops, according to that article :eek:

Seems it was originally announced as 320 but they increased the number by about 100 this week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Senua

Simply because she has issues, she actually seems normal and realistic.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    not all heroes wear capes
    I really like Josh Whedon, maybe that's my problem
    I should qualify I don't "get" the Avengers stuff

I've small issues with Joss Whedon's writing sometimes,. it comes across as little unnatural when he is at his worst. But when it works it really works and it always flows really well. Horizon just doubled down on the smug and forgot to play that off against any vulnerability and Aloy just ended up annoying to me.

Poundland Joss Whedon if you will.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FINALLY!!

I thought that was a remake for a different dragon game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been delayed until early next year, mainly due to Covid.

I thought that was a remake for a different dragon game :pac:

Don't you dare mention the voldemort of naff ps1 jrpgs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is Cyberpunk still coming out this year?

Last time I looked it up it said Cyberpunk 2077, so unlikely.

Sorry.

But yeah the November release date looks to be set now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like The Series S doesnt have the same backwards compatibility as the One X

I was confused reading that. It says it can't do the 4k part of the One X, but can it provide the other improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

That says to me that the Xbox One X is more powerful than the Series S, which many have suspected.

It's a bit frustrating that a new generation console is less powerful than a console released four years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Digital Foundry discussed this. They basically said you shouldn’t expect One X quality on the Series S - that the performance of Xbox One games will be in line with the One S instead (which you’d imagine would extend to the broader backwards compatibility as well).

Typing this was also a clear indicator of how confusing the Xbox console naming conventions are :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement